Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012 Week 4

• Facebook
  • Display

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Auburn fans are starting to get desperate.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...-threat-campus
    So, for the folks that don't know, my wife works at LSU in the IT department at the student health center. She called me and told me that she had to leave work due to the threat. She was home most of the day but LSU called the staff back in later that evening. Apparently the campus is too big for bomb-sniffing dogs to search everywhere so everyone had to look around for suspicious items. None were found anywhere so today was business as usual.

Someone is seriously going all out with this bomb threat shit. U of Texas, North Dakota State, Hiram College, now LSU. Someone's gonna be getting fucked by Bubba for a LOOOOONG time after they get caught. Once is bad enough, maybe a prank or an attempt to get out of a test or exam (like the dumbfucks who pull that shit in high school). To keep doing it four times, not only completely and entirely intentional, but malicious as well. Plus, I can't recall off the top of my head, but I seem to have some recollection of a federal law when it comes to calling in bomb threats or false threats in other states. Using the internet or phone to call in bomb threats to universities and college in Louisiana, North Dakota, Ohio and Texas, there's definitely some sort of federal law that this person or these people are gonna get bent over hardcore by.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    Do you guys think the hit by #36 DJ Swearinger of South Carolina derserves a one game suspension?
    No, not at all. If this isn't the first time he's done it, maybe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    Do you guys think the hit by #36 DJ Swearinger of South Carolina derserves a one game suspension?
    Suspension? No from the first angle ... maybe from the second. That was targeting and deserved a penalty, but could have also been a lot worse. Though, personally, I was a little less sympathetic after watching him bounce around thinking he'd just done something great. But he also didn't have to go up like he did, so ... I'm on the fence.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Based on the new rule, yes. What I do not care for is the unequal enforcement of the rule. In addition, back when I played that was called good D maybe we will see flag or touch in the next ten years.
    Back when some people played, there were no helmets. Back when Roosevelt was President, deaths were common in the game.

I get what you're saying ... but you've got to play within the bounds of the game you're playing. And I don't think Chris Spielman would have thought that was good D. Among other things, he would have said to wrap up (which, as mors said, would have led to him tackling him lower and would have made it a much, much better play).

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    The NCAA and the NFL just needs to stop beating around the bush and take away helmets. Then they can get the type of football they want.
    +1. That's the only way it's going to happen.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Thanks for all the input guys. I have no problem with DJ getting the 15 yard penalty but a one game suspension seemed a bit much to me.

thats a penalty every day of the week....but a suspension is too much for a one time thing. however, if he starts becoming a repeat offender of that penalty, suspensions should definitely be considered in the future.

A little late noticing this but A&M is truly an SEC team now. Manipulating National and Conference Championships.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...championships/

1997? You got beat by Nebraska, you did not win the Big 12 conference.
    2010? You lost in a tiebreaker in the South and did not even make it to the conference championship game. OU beat Nebraska as the Huskers set off to the Big Ten.

Big Ten football off to another great start. How do you let UAB stay in the game on your home field? I would watch some of the UTEP/Wisconsin game but Beth Mowens makes my ears bleed.

Central Michigan at home.

Spoiler: show

This Miami/GT game is really good. It's currently 36-29, GT early in the 4th qtr. I'm also watching Wyoming/Idaho split screen via the ESPN app on Xbox.

The U with the win! Awesome game!

That game ended just in time. USM vs. WKU is about to begin.

And just like that, I'm cutting the game off. If I want to live, I can't watch this team. They're bad and they're gonna drive me batshit crazy and stress me out. Mass Effect 3 is calling my name.

uploadfromtaptalk1348356584036.jpg

Jesus. 7 turnovers in the first half of the game between UM and ND. 5 interceptions thrown by Michigan, including 4 by Robinson. Wow.

10-0 Irish at the half, but I really wish the lead was bigger.

I need a noose

Michigan drives thus far:

Punt
    Missed FG
    Interception
    Interception
    Interception
    Interception
    Interception
    Fumble
    FG

All of that and it is only 10-3 ND with 13:10 to play. ND has 2 turnovers and only 120 yards.

Irish win it, 13-6.

I'm really stunned at the 4-0 start. I know how many tough games await them, but I'm very impressed by what they've managed to do so far.