Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sliders: Recruiting Difficulty

• Facebook
  • Display
    Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've thought about this some more and I wanted to ask you a question. Is this recruit's interest level Top 3? I ask because I haven't had any success moving on to a recruit's interest level once he's narrowed it to 3, 5 or 8. That may be what's happening in your case. He's down to 3 schools and you're not one of them so it doesn't matter what you do or say.
    Truthfully, I'm not sure (and I didn't keep the experiment dynasty) but it was definitely at least a Top 5 though it could have very well been a Top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Truthfully, I'm not sure (and I didn't keep the experiment dynasty) but it was definitely at least a Top 5 though it could have very well been a Top 3.
    Well FWIW, in my experience, once a recruit has left you out of his Top 3, 5 or 8 list the possibility of moving back in is not worth wasting time on. These guys get removed from my list. I have gotten 1 Soft Commit to change his mind and sign with me but I don't think those are worth wasting time on either.

Here's a really nice write-up on recruiting at OS: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showp...69&postcount=1

Good find, thanks for the link.

Recruiting is much more interesting this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Here's a really nice write-up on recruiting at OS: http://www.osatwork.com/forums/showp...69&postcount=1
    Thanks for linking that, Rudy. That's the best recruiting write-up I've seen. Some of that is common sense and some of it is speculation but it's all very good information. Some of it took me a couple seasons of recruiting to get a grasp on.

Again, thanks.

AA RECRUITING: I just finished season two and I won the N.C. with my Sun Devils. After offseason recruiting I ONLY SIGNED 9 PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was ranked #98 in the country and had the fewest recruits of any school, with the next closest being Akron at 16 recruits. My roster now sits at 57 players only and 18 are seniors. Potentially I could have under 50 players next season if my recruiting doesn't improve. I will give it one or two more seasons and then I may need to do a season of varsity to replenesh the roster.

Note: onver two years I have not signed one five star and only seven four stars. The rest are 1-3 stars.

Jaymo, read the write-up from OS that Rudy linked above. It may help you. There were a few tidbits in there that had not sunk in with me and a few that I knew were there but I'd forgotten their importance since they were brought in in 08 and haven't really mattered till now since recruiting was so easy before.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    AA RECRUITING: I just finished season two and I won the N.C. with my Sun Devils. After offseason recruiting I ONLY SIGNED 9 PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was ranked #98 in the country and had the fewest recruits of any school, with the next closest being Akron at 16 recruits. My roster now sits at 57 players only and 18 are seniors. Potentially I could have under 50 players next season if my recruiting doesn't improve. I will give it one or two more seasons and then I may need to do a season of varsity to replenesh the roster.

Note: onver two years I have not signed one five star and only seven four stars. The rest are 1-3 stars.
    Dear God, you guys are scaring me to death! Haven't started a dynasty yet. Gonna keep an eye on this thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbill View Post
    Dear God, you guys are scaring me to death! Haven't started a dynasty yet. Gonna keep an eye on this thread though.
    My best advice is to carefully read the write-up from OS that Rudy linked yesterday and to start a sim Dynasty and just recruit for a few seasons before you start. It really is different from what we're used to.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbill View Post
    Let's just say that gone are the days of choosing 5 stars and having them commit. Now you need to work for every single player and continually check how you are doing in relation to other schools. Pipeline states are HUGE in this game. Interesting enough, even though I am really struggling with recruiting I have expanded my pipline states to now include Texas and Colorado. Haivng Texas as a Pipleine should really help as they have such a large pool of players.

Can someone clue me in on what the writer means by Recruiting Reports?

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Can someone clue me in on what the writer means by Recruiting Reports?
    If you have the dynasty Time Savers on, when you go into recruiting, on the lower right hand corner, it has Recruiting Reports. It allows you to see what recruits EVERY team in the game is spending their time on and how much time they're spending.

Thanks for posting the link, Rudy! That helped out a ton!

If you have the dynasty Time Savers on, when you go into recruiting, on the lower right hand corner, it has Recruiting Reports. It allows you to see what recruits EVERY team in the game is spending their time on and how much time they're spending.
    Ah, half-figured it had to do with that, as I haven't turned those on.

Recruit
    Recruiting is such a blast this year… I messed around with Bama in a dynasty just recruiting and it was so much fun. Even with Bama, I wasn’t getting a ton of 5* guys like I would in pass versions of NCAA. Same can be said for using a team like Baylor. In the past I could snag quite a few 4*, maybe a 5* if lucky… nto this year, class was mostly 3* and 2* with one 4*. This is on AA recruiting. Great stuff!

Anyone else find it ironic that it's called "time-savers" recruiting reports, yet because it's not streamlined in any way and has zero customization that it actually makes recruiting a heck of a lot longer???

I think recruiting is a lot of fun this year. Has a new feel and a lot more options. It does take longer because you can do more with 10 hours. No more waiting on that stupid clock counting down.

I think recruiting is a lot of fun this year. Has a new feel and a lot more options. It does take longer because you can do more with 10 hours. No more waiting on that stupid clock counting down.
    Yeah, I could die happy if they stay with this recruiting system in NCAA and never change it. This is the best one they have had. I also love that the time is now streamlined. You know exactly what you are going to spend on a recruit. On the old system, I would end up with a bunch of recruits that I would never get to spend time on thanks to some of my early recruits chewing up anywhere from an hour or an hour and a half just trying to get something out of them. On this system, I can gameplan ahead of time. In my dynasty, I have 20 recruits on my board. I have so many with me listed 1st, so many as 2nd, etc. So I can spend a full 60 minutes on say the first 3 to 5, 30 minutes on the next however many, then 20 minutes on the rest. Everyone gets a phone call, everyone gets time, everyone gets attention. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    On the old system, I would end up with a bunch of recruits that I would never get to spend time on thanks to some of my early recruits chewing up anywhere from an hour or an hour and a half just trying to get something out of them. On this system, I can gameplan ahead of time.
    That's your own fault As guys in the Powerhouse OD can attest, I had every recruit gameplanned on NCAA 10. I knew exactly how many minutes I would spend on every guy, and I would, at most, go only 5 over, 'cause I was watching that clock like a hawk.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm fine with Varsity Recruiting. I tried A.A and it's not broken like Heisman but it is a bit tougher and I find if you try to switch the topic it will come back to that topic more often on AA then Varsity, so it's not random it trys to fuck you over more. Plus you get 3 switches instead of 2 which really helps when using a middle team.

BTW the only two teams with all A or A+'s are Ohio State and Penn State. Just a tidbit I thought I'de throw out there.
    Last edited by Cipher 8; 07-24-2010 at 03:59 AM.