Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1194

Thread: Current Events

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Look, I'm all for freedom of religion. I truly am. That said, I would love to see all religion go away (thankfully, it's headed that way in America) but I won't live long enough.

The thing you incorrectly assume about me is that I want your religion outlawed. I don't. What I do want is the day to come when, through logic and reason, religion dies off. When all of the fallacies, contradictions and untruths written in the ancient holy texts are cast aside and no longer believed.
    Whatever makes you sleep at night.

The part that offends me the most through all of this is you calling my religion a bunch of fairy tales and fallacies. That's not cool.

Like you said earlier, religion is a touchy subject. You can't expect to have a reasonable discussion on the subject. Really best just to let it.

We try to let conversations go here, but can we drop the religion discussion/debate? It's an intense issue that no one is going to see change the opinions of others. All that's going to happen is that friends/acquaintances are going to get mad at each other for no good reason and it doesn't look good for the site.

Thank you.

I don't know the source of the text quoted here, but apparently not enough people are playing DraftKings. Maybe a few more ads will rectify that.

Good. I hope the annoying bastards die and go out of business.

That's surprising - perhaps I overestimated the # of morons in America that think they can outsmart people using computers with Vegas-like analytical programs to make money because "they watch allot of football"

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    That's surprising - perhaps I overestimated the # of morons in America that think they can outsmart people using computers with Vegas-like analytical programs to make money because "they watch allot of football"
    All they need is 1 copy of the master script and they're good to go.

It's national coffee day yaaaaay!

I don't drink coffee yaaaaay !

You can't fix stupid
    The dude abides.

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-no...ted_at_um.html

A community college about an hour and a half from me.
    Today is also the first day of legal weed stores in this State.
    . Lol it was supposed to be safer out here.
    JB might like to know there's a strip club every few miles in this State.

Current Events

1) Prayers, thoughts, condolences to those families and community. This happens way too much.
    2) I'm sure weed won't be this guys problem. We'll hear of his mental history in a few days.
    3)We need to destigmatize mental illness. Calling people crazy isn't helpful. Like any other organ, the brain can get sick and it needs proper treatment.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 10-01-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Thoughts and condolences to those who are affected by this. This bullshit of mass murder is getting very stale. I don't want to start another hot-button debate here but - yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Thoughts and condolences to those who are affected by this. This bullshit of mass murder is getting very stale. I don't want to start another hot-button debate here but - yeah.
    You don't want to upset the pro mass murder crowd

Doesn't help that 24 hour news channels cover it constantly; which is glorifying it in a way.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Another thing, is stop giving these cunts publicity. The sheriff there in Oregon said it best at their news conference earlier today.

"I will not name the shooter. I will not give him the credit he probably sought prior to this horrific and cowardly act."

That's exactly how it should be. Their name should never be said or reported. Their pictures should never be shown. They should either die on site, in a jail cell or in an execution chamber as nothing more than a completely anonymous cocksucking fuck to the world so that they never receive any notoriety or credit for the crime, especially for those these who do this shit because "it'll make them famous".

Let them die alone as an anonymous nobody that not a single person in the world gives a fuck about.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    2) I'm sure weed won't be this guys problem. We'll hear of his mental history in a few days.
    Not sure if it was real or a hoax, but last night I read that on one of his social media account he had been taking lots of pills. IIRC, the quote was something along the lines of 'needed my sleeping pill, but didn't know which one it was of my medicines, so I just took five pills.'

Maybe it's conspiracy theory or fodder, but there's a belief by some that all of these young male shooters are hopped up on anti-depressants and other over-prescribed meds. That rarely, if ever, gets discussed by all of the expert talking heads following one of these events.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Doesn't help that 24 hour news channels cover it constantly; which is glorifying it in a way.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Another thing, is stop giving these guys publicity. The sheriff there in Oregon said it best at their news conference earlier today.
    Between the news channels, personal outrage machines social media, and politicians jumping over this to get their share of the limelight, these killers get more attention than they could ever imagine. We won't hear nearly as much about the victims or those who stopped the attack, which is a travesty.

Can't help to pay particular attention to one part of your post CDJ. "Other over prescribed medicines"

We have medicines that are given for things that the side effects are worse than what it's usually being given to treat. So quick to give out medication that may give you suicidal thoughts, this, this, this, etc.

Shame this keeps happening like it's GTA or something. Condolences to the families who suffered loss

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Can't help to pay particular attention to one part of your post CDJ. "Other over prescribed medicines"

We have medicines that are given for things that the side effects are worse than what it's usually being given to treat. So quick to give out medication that may give you suicidal thoughts, this, this, this, etc.

Shame this keeps happening like it's GTA or something. Condolences to the families who suffered loss
    Watching commercials for medications makes me never want to take any medicines, especially once they start giving the side effects disclaimer. Yikes.

I know that there are some 'medical professionals' more than willing to diagnose a young person with ADHD, ADD, depression, etc. - and there are also some parents willing for that to happen, for a variety of reasons. These aspects probably need a much closer look than what they are being given. There are definitely people who benefit from modern medicine, but I wonder/worry that some are suffering from just too many meds being given/prescribed.

I would be a case study. While I take plenty of other medications for my heart and Wegener's granulomatosis, we will just stick to the brain.

Without prescription medication: Severe Panic Attacks and Anxiety. Some severe enough to think I was having a Heart Attack and numerous ER visits.
    With: The occasional panic attack, never severe.
    Side Effects: Tired but that has the variable of my limited lung capacity. Occasional malaise. Can socialize with people, yet still prefer not to.

Without prescription medication: OCD so crazy it had overtaken my life. Hours wasted doing routines.
    With: Hours have been cut to just a few routines that take up no more than 30 minutes.
    Side Effects: People stay on my friends lists just a bit longer.

I take pretty heavy dosages and the side effects exist but the results far outweigh the negatives. This is also after years of "alternative therapy" and "Eastern Medicine" in my early 30's. One of my doctors was from the Philippines and he eventually had to turn me onto the prescriptions because the alternative method was not working. Everyone is different and there are always misdiagnosed patients. I have had all these symptoms, since as long as I remember. It had an impact on my relationships since I was a young pup. So on the flip side, these issues were not as frequently diagnosed and/or medicated back in the 20th century. Pretty confident that my childhood would have been much different had I been diagnosed and without question in my mind, for the better.

Only have suicidal thoughts when Oklahoma is on TV.

Mass killings have been around long before ADHD was first uttered. The story is terrible but as mentioned already, everyone wants to jump to the conclusion that suits their agenda(s). The media glorifies it and then wonders why it is happening, failing to see they are a part of the problem. What was once fifteen minutes of "fame/infamy" is now two weeks of beating the viewer over the head with why "x" is the reason "y" happened and substitute "x" for "z" depending on what media you are viewing/watching. Glorify anything and others will follow.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-03-2015 at 06:52 AM.