Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Events

• Facebook
  • Display
    Ok, this shit can't be real. Who's alter is CLW? Is cdj really a hardcore liberal and he's posting nonsense as CLW in an attempt to create animosity toward Republicans?

Current Events

You people are crazy. The school felt there was a threat, took it seriously, and acted in the best interest of student safety. For anyone to be upset about this is ridiculous. If there were no threat of some anti-American violence or whatever, no one would have done anything about the student clothes.

Let some shit have gone down. People would have been outraged that the school didn't do more to protect the children.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    You people are crazy. The school felt there was a threat, took it seriously, and acted in the best interest of student safety. For anyone to be upset about this is ridiculous. If there were no threat of some anti-American violence or whatever, no one would have done anything about the student clothes.

Let some shit have gone down. People would have been outraged that the school didn't do more to protect the children.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Now that I look at my post again, I realize it may be confusing who I was facepalming about.

It was Bill.

Sorry, Bill. My solution would be to outlaw foreign flags in the school. Not the US flag.

WTF are they "celebrating" a Mexican holiday in an American school? Do any schools celebrate Boxing Day? Nope. Pandering to a bunch of morons who are so "proud" of "their" country yet they don't live there. Talk about some faulty basic reasoning/logic.

In other news a restaurant chain is also adding an Obamacare charge to all customers bills.

OMG 20 cents!!!1111
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Now that I look at my post again, I realize it may be confusing who I was facepalming about.

It was Bill.

Sorry, Bill. My solution would be to outlaw foreign flags in the school. Not the US flag.
    It's not about the flags or shirts or whatever. They can outlaw or ban whatever. My point was, there was potential for danger in school and whatever steps that need to be taken to keep the student safe needed to be done.

We come across issues all the time at the school I work out. We haven't had any political issues like this but I bet that if we had to choose between statements and student safety, we'll pick safety first and sort it out later.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    It's not about the flags or shirts or whatever. They can outlaw or ban whatever. My point was, there was potential for danger in school and whatever steps that need to be taken to keep the student safe needed to be done.

We come across issues all the time at the school I work out. We haven't had any political issues like this but I bet that if we had to choose between statements and student safety, we'll pick safety first and sort it out later.
    No they CANNOT. The 1st Amendment begs to differ. I suspect Benjamin Franklin begs to differ as well:

Freedom of speech is a principal pillar of a free government; when this support is taken away, the constitution of a free society is dissolved, and tyranny is erected on its ruins. ...
    They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Then again I suspect Mr. Franklin wouldn't think much about anyone on today's left.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    No they CANNOT. The 1st Amendment begs to differ. I suspect Benjamin Franklin begs to differ as well:
    Figure of speech. I'm not really for the banning of anything. What I'm saying is, trouble was brewing, the school took steps to ensure it wouldn't happen. If there was no trouble on the horizon, administration wouldn't have done anything about these flag shirts or whatever. Y'all seem more concerned about your right to wear a shirt or a flag or whatever they were fighting over more than the fact that student safety was being threatened.

If CLW can pass a bar exam, get a law degree and license (or whatever is needed) to practice law, then people in charge of said exam, degrees and licenses are some serious fucking idiots.

Of course, the entire corrupt as fuck legal system, Congress and the entire government is populated by nothing but fucking retards (BOTH PARTIES before Resident Troll tries to twist my words into some pro-Republican/anti-Democrat bullshit), so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised.

Shirts with US flags were not banned. Some students were allowed to return to class wearing shirts with the flag. If I remember right (I read it yesterday), there were three students that were asked to turn their shirts inside-out. It doesn't say exactly what the difference was, only that the school felt like the shirts that went back to class wouldn't cause any problems. It also mentions that at least one of the three students was willing to accept whatever consequences that came with wearing his shirt.

CLW - what is it about this ruling that makes these judges liberals? The part when they say discussion about the rightfulness of observing Cinco de Mayo is outside scope of this case? I guess probably the part where they don't say that all speech is protected all the time? It looked like one of the cases they cited was from Iowa. Were those liberal judges too or did I misread something?

How bout shirts with wolves on them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    How bout shirts with wolves on them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stan HAMsen View Post
    CLW - what is it about this ruling that makes these judges liberals? The part when they say discussion about the rightfulness of observing Cinco de Mayo is outside scope of this case? I guess probably the part where they don't say that all speech is protected all the time? It looked like one of the cases they cited was from Iowa. Were those liberal judges too or did I misread something?

1. 9th Circuit is most liberal appeals court in the entire country and they have a roughly 80% reverse rate when their opinions are taken up by SCOTUS
    2. Judge Thomas - Clinton Appointee and on Obama's short list for SCOTUS vacancy
    3. Judge McKeown - Clinton Appointee and another liberal on a short list for any SCOTUS vacancy - she writes the opinion of the court

You ALWAYS know the 9th Cir's opinion is questionable at best when they principally rely on 9th Circuit "law" on a Constitutional issue which they did in this case. They didn't even bother themselves with even quoting the actual text of the 1st Amendment. Moreover, I did not see any cases from any Iowa court in the opinion. However, just b/c an opinion is from Iowa does not mean it is a conservative one. Unfortunately, they have liberals (especially liberal judges) in Iowa too.

They begin the opinion with noting the need to "balance" people's 1st amendment RIGHTS and the government's apparent NEED to control the people (of course the Constitution says the Government cannot violate the people's RIGHT to speech but who cares). They then IGNORE the SCOTUS' holding in Tinker which is students have 1st Amendment rights at schools so long as their speech does not significantly interrupt the operations of school or violate the rights of others (basically you cannot just yell and interrupt the class lectures going on and interfere with students ability to learn in class)

NOTHING about a U.S. t-shirt (nor any other shirt) interrupts the ability to teach students. Rather, it was apparently the Latino (or as the court refers to them "Mexican") morons at the schools causing problems. As such the school's solution would/should have been to throw the Latino morons out or to otherwise discipline them. Of course, that would lead to "racists" charges so instead the school chose to violate the 1st Amendment rights of the other students who apparently did nothing other than wear T-shirts with American flags on them.

Ironically, the 9th Circuit then equates the U.S. flag (which undoubtedly flies somewhere outside, near or even in the courthouse) with the Confederate flag (none of the Confederate flag cases are from the SCOTUS and again most from the 9th Cir). Of course, to liberals the U.S. flag is just as offensive speech as the Confederate flag b/c the U.S. has been the greatest force of evil of all time (except when a democrat is in the white house - then everything is just fine).

Here is the truth, IF this case was simply kids wearing say a Pro-*** Marriage T-shirt and students threatened violence against those students and the school told the students to turn the shirts inside out the 9th Circuit would have FLIPPED THE F OUT and layed the hammer down on the school. However, they didn't and instead their speech here was simply a "pro USA over Mexico" speech and that simply cannot be tolerated in America b/c we all know Mexico is a far superior nation (thus the need for immigration reform).

I haven't read completely up on it, but what the hell is going on in the Ukraine? WOW. The Pres bails and is nowhere to be found.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I haven't read completely up on it, but what the hell is going on in the Ukraine? WOW. The Pres bails and is nowhere to be found.
    Long story short, many of the citizens want to join the European Union while the former president kept wanting to get his wallet fat from Russia.

Add to that, EU membership could lead to a NATO member on Russia's doorstep and possibly exclude Russia from their only warm water port.

Putin is OWNING Obama right now and calling him on his feeble bluff. Russia has been basically bribing most of Europe's power players for years now with all kinds of cash to Banks, etc... Europe won't do squat now b/c they are basically in bed with the Russians. Putin knows Obama won't go it alone so he could invade all of Eastern Europe right now and get away with it.