Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Events

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Not to continue picking on the Ferguson police, but "in this day and age", I can't believe that they didn't have (and allegedly can't afford) dash cameras in their police cars. At least one report has said that they have them but can't afford to install them.
    Thanks (insert politician of your choice here)! If they had not bought the cameras, I would almost be thankful that some bureaucrat did not just spend a bunch of taxpayers money they did not have. In this case it is even worse to actually purchase the cameras without money in the budget to install them.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Supposedly a Ferguson shop owner today after people were looting his store last night.
    is that JB ?

He would have to drop one of those to be able to fire it accurately and not shoot a bunch of other things that he didn't intend to fire at

Know it was more for making a statement but owning two assault rifles (appears to be a 2nd) and not having a shoulder strap for one or both is a travesty. This isn't Call of Duty.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    is that JB ?
    Which one? Guns or paper towels?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Which one? Guns or paper towels?
    Well, JB does "work" at a strip club, I'm voting on paper towels.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Looks like the story being made up by Brown's "allies" is about to blow up (if it hasn't already after the autopsy revealed he was NOT shot in the back).

How it always ends up being. "He was such a young ans innocent sweet boy. He'd never do anything wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    How it always ends up being. "He was such a young ans innocent sweet boy. He'd never do anything wrong."

Yep.

When I was like 20, I buried an HIV+ guy that was about my age and who was shot by the cops because he pointed a gun at them. His friends and family tried to say that he was going to hand the gun to the cops (he was at a party, cops were called, they made someone else drop the gun and he picked it up).

Obviously, they played Wind Beneath My Wings at the funeral, lol. I remember thinking, "Some hero. HIV+ and shot dead by the police".

Anyway, he was white so there was no need to riot.

That is how it is when alot of people pass, especially celebrities

As a lawyer you wouldn't believe some of the crap people try to pull. I can only imagine how bad it is in criminal law.

One of my favorite cases of all-time was a slip an alleged slip and fall case. Guy claimed he needed back surgery despite the fact all of the MRIs x-rays etc... said his back was perfectly fine.

Of course, he (and Plaintiff's counsel) didn't know we had video from this alleged fall where the guy literally looked around to see if anyone is watching and then just laid down and smacked the floor with his arm and screamed bloody murder.

The best part is the kicker, the Plaintiff's attorney found some quack doctor willing to open him up in surgery and now he's paralyzed from the surgery from the waist down and after losing his case against my client of course filed malpractice claims against his lawyer and doctor.

I also love how all these "victims" are just "little" kids. Brown was like 6'4" 300 lbs+ who apparently attacked the officer and caused an "Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket" during their initial struggle.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...Speed=noscript

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I also love how all these "victims" are just "little" kids. Brown was like 6'4" 300 lbs+ who apparently attacked the officer and caused an "Orbital Blowout Fracture to Eye Socket" during their initial struggle.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014...Speed=noscript
    The longer this story goes on, the more, for me, it is becoming about the epic failure to release information in a timely manner by the local police. It might not have stopped anything, but they allowed the witnesses who claimed he had his hands up to dominate the story for days, and it's over a week later before anything about rushing the cop is being said. It was several days (and at least two press conferences) before any injuries to the cop were mentioned.

I'm not convinced the cop actually knew what had happened. Like he went into some PTSD haze or something.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    The longer this story goes on, the more, for me, it is becoming about the epic failure to release information in a timely manner by the local police. It might not have stopped anything, but they allowed the witnesses who claimed he had his hands up to dominate the story for days, and it's over a week later before anything about rushing the cop is being said. It was several days (and at least two press conferences) before any injuries to the cop were mentioned.

I'm not convinced the cop actually knew what had happened. Like he went into some PTSD haze or something.
    There is that side of the argument. The other is the police are still investigating the incident and if you release what you have while the investigation is ongoing it allows others to change their story and others who were not eye witnesses to claim that they were and base their story based on what is reported.

I'm of the ilk that it is better to remain silent and simply say our investigation is ongoing (at least until all fact witnesses are interviewed).

The simple truth of the matter is, the people out there protesting do NOT care what the truth actually is. Had the truth already come out - they would simply say the cops are lying and that Brown was executed from behind with his hands up despite the fact there are ZERO facts to support such an assertion.

Of course, anyone with a brain knows nothing even close to that is actually what happened that day. The only thing logical/factual appears to be Brown initially ran away after losing the struggle for the gun in the car. Then (for some unknown reason) decided to run back at the officer (and attempt to attack him again). At that point, the officer had already suffered a pretty severe injury and a shot had been fired in the car during the struggle. He thus pulled his gun out (likely said freeze/stop) Brown kept coming so he shot him in the arm. However, Brown being 6'4" 300+ lbs the shot in his arm didn't stop him so the officer had to continue firing until the last two shots hit him in the head killing him.

There is that side of the argument. The other is the police are still investigating the incident and if you release what you have while the investigation is ongoing
    True. But there's a difference between waiting for the investigation (which I acknowledge takes time and there's the whole "can't comment due to ongoing investigation" part), and then there's letting others control the narrative when you hold contradictory information. Last week they held a press conference on Monday where they did not mention any injuries to the officer. They waited until Wednesday for that. Now the autopsy results are suggesting he was charging, and that's practically the first mention of that. It just seems like an utter failure of PR.

They did, in that same press conference, mention the struggle for the gun and that a gunshot had gone off. That seems like a perfect opportunity to mention that your officer had been assaulted. Except the officer had no idea who had struggled with him for the gun, and therefore probably had no idea who had assaulted him.

The only thing logical/factual appears to be Brown initially ran away after losing the struggle for the gun in the car. Then (for some unknown reason) decided to run back at the officer (and attempt to attack him again). At that point, the officer had already suffered a pretty severe injury and a shot had been fired in the car during the struggle. He thus pulled his gun out (likely said freeze/stop) Brown kept coming so he shot him in the arm. However, Brown being 6'4" 300+ lbs the shot in his arm didn't stop him so the officer had to continue firing until the last two shots hit him in the head killing him.
    True, based on the evidence. Well, mostly true. The "logical/factual" assumption about running away after a struggle in the car is still debatable at this point. Just because of my above statement about having no idea who was actually in the car with the officer.

The simple truth of the matter is, the people out there protesting do NOT care what the truth actually is.
    Agree to disagree. The troublemakers that are looting and inciting the cops, the vast majority of which are not Ferguson residents, and a significant portion of which aren't even from the STL metro area, don't care what the truth actually is. They're there to stir up trouble. The protesters, in my opinion, care about the truth. They were protesting what had, from all initial statements, been a shooting of an unarmed teenager that had been surrendering. The police took days to offer up anything contradictory to that narrative. Sure, there are going to be some that aren't going to trust the police no matter what, just like there are some that aren't going to trust the word of a black teenager no matter what. Two days later, another black man in Ferguson was killed by a cop; but that one was quickly mentioned as having had a weapon. There is a big difference between "he had a weapon and the cop might have been shot instead" and "unarmed teenager who was not threatening anyone". Those are the two narratives that were playing out. As far as I know, no one has said a peep in protest of the former; obviously there's been plenty about the latter.

I would have thought, especially after Travon Martin, that people would understand how crucial controlling the story (or at least presenting both sides) can be, especially early. But apparently we still don't.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

High School Student Claims She Was Suspended For Saying ‘Bless You’ After Classmate Sneezed

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2014/0...smate-sneezed/

WMC reported that there are other expressions that are banned as part of class rules and they are listed on the teacher’s white board along with “bless you.”
    I would love to see this "white board."

Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown, says source

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20...n-says-source/

Missouri cop was badly beaten before shooting Michael Brown, says source

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/20...n-says-source/
    I just read that article a little bit ago. It's NOT looking good for Brown and his supporters. I also love the part about them being upset about the video and pictures of him robbing the store being released. Of course they'd be upset, there went any chance for them to pull the Trayvon Martin publicity move and show pictures of an innocent, sweet 13 year old kid and cry about him being gunned down in cold blood, rather than the large, 300 pound 18 year old who destroyed a cop's eye socket that he was.

Another shooting by police in Ferguson, this one captured in full on video.
    While taken from a distance, the video is very brutal to see. Here's a link for those that need to see for themselves.
    http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2...kajieme-powell

My question is, why the fuck do these cops not have tasers or mace or something other than 10-12 rounds from a pistol?!

Damn how is this still on YouTube?

If they are using 40 cal my goodness. I'm like you where is the taser or mace.