Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Events

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    One thing is for sure, Rev Al and Jessie will be there. I wonder if they are going to preach to those who took advantage of a tragic situation to loot and vandalize?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    One thing is for sure, Rev Al and Jessie will be there. I wonder if they are going to preach to those who took advantage of a tragic situation to loot and vandalize?
    Nope. Evidence starting to trickle in that the kid pushed the cop back into his car and tried to grab the cop's gun and apparently a shot was fired inside the police car during the struggle.

IF that story holds up the cop was indeed justified in using deadly force under the law as the kid was a fleeing felon and a risk to others in the community.

Of course, when the report comes out showing the kid's finger prints on the gun as well as the officer's what will the race bait types do then? No doubt they will argue the evidence has been faked and the morons ransacking rather nice malls and small business stores, gas stations etc... will carry on with their nonsense.

AL SHARPTON HEADS TO ST. LOUIS FOLLOWING RIOTS

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...e-For-St-Louis

Yep gotta make that money spewing nonsense and taking money mostly from people who have very little to give away to begin with.

Nope. Evidence starting to trickle in that the kid pushed the cop back into his car and tried to grab the cop's gun and apparently a shot was fired inside the police car during the struggle.
    The biggest problem, so far, is that "evidence" in this case equals rumor. I've heard so many variations on what the story/evidence is that it's not even funny.

Plus, even if there was a shot fired during a struggle, the "witnesses" are alleging that the kid had stopped, put his hands up, and then was shot multiple times. We know the last part is at least true because the chief of the County police said it was "more than two".

Also, you're so late on this ... I posted a reference to it in the Can't Sleep thread Sunday night
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm not one to normally get all political but the shit happening in Ferguson, MO is getting out of control:

Police firing rubber bullets and tear gas into a crowd

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I'm not one to normally get all political but the shit happening in Ferguson, MO is getting out of control:
    Very scary stuff. Video of the arrest of a reporter. I realize there has to be a police presence due to the looting and such but it is turning into a police state.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv...abb_video.html

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/499756319822577664

The police are now retreating near the QuickTrip as sounds of gun shots fill the air. I'm not sure what is coming but police are screaming.

Protesters try to light a Molotov cocktail as police ready to advance in

Another fun night in STL. I thought the news was depressing before all this.

To be fair and balanced, here is what the police are dealing with
    http://imgur.com/a/QSRmH?gallery#o5aSkMu

That said, there's no reason to arrest reporters, prevent helicopters, etc. Even the Governor of Missouri today had to make a statement saying, "If people in the news media want to take pictures and cover stuff they ought to do it. We live in a free country".

All I will say is when the dumb press reporters are shot, robbed etc... by the mob they have no business complaining the police did not protect them.

Putting this crap on t.v. only glorifies rioting to the dumb masses in other cities so the next time there is an incident they feel wronged on they too will loot stores, throw Molotovs at the po po and destroy private property.

I've never understood why fucking idiots feel the need to go around destroying and burning shit just because they're angry about something. Jesus fucking Christ. Send every single one of those ingrate fucks to prison or ship their ass off to a remote island and let them kill each other.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I've never understood why fucking idiots feel the need to go around destroying and burning shit just because they're angry about something. Jesus fucking Christ. Send every single one of those ingrate fucks to prison or ship their ass off to a remote island and let them kill each other.

They look for a reason to get free shit. The live for it. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    What are you talking about? This guy is just getting his protest wine...

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    It really is disgusting. The way our modern society has become is quite a disgrace. Nobody takes responsibility; it's always someone else's fault; I can do what I want when I want; ... etc. If I ever saw my kid do something like that I would drive him to the police myself. Today, everyone is an "innocent victim." The parents will probably sue the person who took the picture!!!

We as a society no longer seem to have empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It really is disgusting. The way our modern society has become is quite a disgrace. Nobody takes responsibility; it's always someone else's fault; I can do what I want when I want; ... etc. If I ever saw my kid do something like that I would drive him to the police myself. Today, everyone is an "innocent victim." The parents will probably sue the person who took the picture!!!

The root cause of this mentality is pretty easy to identify - but its a lost cause both here and to the public at large so why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    What are you talking about? This guy is just getting his protest wine...
    It is showing my age that the first thing that annoyed me about the image was his sagging pants.

He hurt his point by acting stupid at times but as a black dude, I couldn't agree more.

All I will say is when the dumb press reporters are shot, robbed etc... by the mob they have no business complaining the police did not protect them.
    Last night one of the local reporters was on location and there were gunshots heard. A police officer recommended they leave, which they did. I don't think any reporter would take issue with the police trying to protect them. But to order them to pack up in the middle of the day, in a McDonalds, with little to no dialogue on why they were being asked to leave, that's a completely different situation.

This isn't Fallujah. The protesters have shown no intent, that I've heard of or observed, to injure, intimidate, or interfere with any member of the media. Forcing, not asking, them to move under no threat is irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Agreed. These events just reinforce that.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-14-2014 at 10:10 PM.