Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Events

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    So you're saying somebody went off script? Oooh, someone is gonna be in trouble! After all that work to create and write that script, and some jackass just goes and throws the script in the trash and does his own thing. What an asshole!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I #TrustTheScript
    no, I'm saying PSN IS DOWN

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    So is it down because it is scripted to be down? Or because some asshole decided to go OFF script and bring it down?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    You have a PS3. You should be fine. Mine works on PS3 but not PS4. I've seen others reporting the same.

I #TrustTheScript
    Last edited by steelerfan; 12-25-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    You have a PS3. You should be fine. Mine works on PS3 but not PS4. I've seen others reporting the same.

I #TrustTheScript
    it wasn't fine 2 hours ago, so I'm seeing this stuff on twitter where it might go up now/soon/maybe

https://twitter.com/LizardMafia/stat...35416416665601

https://twitter.com/GDKJordie/status/548335342311321601

Sounds like it was just a 24 hour script. I guess they didn't feel like putting in the work to write a longer script than just one day's worth.

That's a weird ending for a script.

Almost as bad as the DDOS attacks/hacking are the people on Twitter claiming to be part of it (or stopping it!) but will only do so for RTs and follows.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Almost as bad as the DDOS attacks/hacking are the people on Twitter claiming to be part of it (or stopping it!) but will only do so for RTs and follows.
    LOL yeah, that just bizarre.

and its still down again.........

I played some last night but apparently they just take breaks and do it again

PSN is supposedly starting to come back online.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    PSN is supposedly starting to come back online.
    aaaaand EA is down

Sigh.

I #TrustTheScript

Note to self no flying in SE Asia.

I said that after to 2nd Mayasia crash.

FBI briefed on alternate Sony hack theory

FBI agents investigating the Sony Pictures hack were briefed Monday by a security firm that says its research points to laid-off Sony staff, not North Korea, as the perpetrator — another example of the continuing whodunit blame game around the devastating attack.

Even the unprecedented decision to release details of an ongoing FBI investigation and President Barack Obama publicly blaming the hermit authoritarian regime hasn’t quieted a chorus of well-qualified skeptics who say the evidence just doesn’t add up.

Researchers from the cyber intelligence company Norse have said their own investigation into the data on the Sony attack doesn’t point to North Korea at all and instead indicates some combination of a disgruntled employee and hackers for piracy groups is at fault.

The FBI says it is standing by its conclusions, but the security community says they’ve been open and receptive to help from the private sector throughout the Sony investigation.

Norse, one of the world’s leading cyber intelligence firms, has been researching the hack since it was made public just before Thanksgiving.

Norse’s senior vice president of market development said that just the quickness of the FBI’s conclusion that North Korea was responsible was a red flag.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1...#ixzz3NLqfowa9

Gunmen Kill At Least 12 In ‘Terrorist Attack’ At French Satirical Newspaper

Paris police say gunmen attacked the office of a French satirical newspaper in Paris on Wednesday, killing at least 12 people and leaving at least as many more injured.

CBS News’ Elaine Cobbe reports that, according to witnesses, two armed and masked men walked into the headquarters of the Charlie Hebdo magazine and opened fire in the entrance hallway, killing people as they saw them.

French President Francois Hollande appeared at the scene of the shooting quickly and confirmed that the hunt for the suspects was ongoing. He said the level of terror alert for the French capital had been raised. At least two of those killed were reportedly police officers.

Paris prosecutor’s spokeswoman Agnes Thibault-Lecuivre confirmed 12 people were killed.

Calling the incident a “terrorist attack,” Hollande said “we must show we are a united country,” and vowed to respond with “firmness.”

Without further explanation, Hollande said “several” attacks had been averted over recent weeks, and added that France was a target for extremists “because we’re a country committed to liberty.”

Cobbe reported that, according to at least one witness, one of the gunman was heard asking for people by name.

The suspects managed to escape the scene and were being pursued by police into Paris suburbs.

Benoit Bringer, a journalist with Agence Premiere Ligne who saw the attack, told the iTele network he saw several masked men armed with machine guns. He said two officers arrived on bicycles, then — apparently unarmed — they left.

A reporter for Britain’s Telegraph newspaper in Paris told Sky News that the first officers to arrive fled after seeing two or three gunmen armed with automatic weapons and possibly a grenade launcher.

Chilling video initially posted to a Facebook account shows two gunmen open fire on police in a small black car, and then shows them executing one officer as he lays on the sidewalk by shooting him at close range. The masked gunmen are then seen in the video getting into the black car and driving off. The Arabic phrase “Allahu Akbar” can be heard shouted in video of the attack.

Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Damn! Automatic weapons AND a grenade launcher? They were coming to wreck shop.