Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Why is that? I don't have a problem with it either way but why is lining up and going "better" then calling a fake punt?
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'm gonna guess probably because you know that it's coming when they straight up line up in an offensive formation
    This. Even if it's an I-Form FB Dive on 4th and 1, I'm still able to stomach that better than a Fake Punt, as stupid as it sounds.

Now, personally, you want to use a fake punt around the 40? Where it's a toss up anyway? I'm fine with that, because you've probably caught me in the wrong formation. But if you're going to go for it in a .... how shall we say "controversial" situation ... I'd rather you line up and declare your intentions from the get go.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I don't know guys, if someone is expecting a fake punt, what's the point of a fake punt? It's suppose to be a high risk/reward play. No offense to those who can't stomach it but that's kinda sensitive. Bases on the situation, Snoop decided to roll the dice and it was successful. Unless that fake punt is a cheese/money/will-work-100%-of-the-time play, I wouldn't have a problem at all if someone used it against me. Where's the strategy if we have to declare our intentions?

I gotta ask is a fake punt run that successful that its considered easy to accomplish? I've ran this probably 5 or so times and have only had success on the one. I have probably ran the fake fg about 3 times and been successful twice.

If I came out and lined up and went for it that straight up in an IForm FB dive this would have been a conversion 95% of the time easy.

Not sure why lining up in an offensive formation would make it more tolerable either, as that would be really cheesy IMO compared to going with a fake punt where I'm actually giving the defense a greater chance to get a turnover on downs.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I don't know guys, if someone is expecting a fake punt, what's the point of a fake punt? It's suppose to be a high risk/reward play. No offense to those who can't stomach it but that's kinda sensitive.
    Like I said, for me it partly depends on the scenario. There are times and places where I don't think a fake punt is an acceptable call on offense, and I wouldn't want someone to call it on me if I'm on defense either.

And there's still plenty of strategy to be played even if you declare that you're going for it. Papa, and others that I've played while on headset, have straight up told me they were going for it in certain situations. Doesn't mean I have a clue what they're going to call.

I do applaud Snoop's cojones though. The only time I've called a fake punt on 13, my opponent called Punt Man and I decided to take a 5 yard penalty instead.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud