Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Iron Dragon's PS3 Roster Updates

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by GoAztecs View Post
    do you have a time on the new update?
    I was gone all day yesterday, so it should come today. It's not many changes, at all, it's like a patch to 1.2.

EMU RB Ben Axon has left the program. Also I saw you had another EMU question....can't look at the rosters yet, but when I get a chance, I'll see who you could replace them with.

Also, Willy Korn has left Marshall and enrolled at a Division II school.

Zach Lee is also gone.

Update should be out sometime tonight..

1.21 releasing soon?

1.21 is LIVE. Went live around 7pm, didn't post it.

JT Turner is going to WVU.

ESPNU 150 wide receiver Adrian Coxson of City College HS (Baltimore, Md.), who signed with Florida in the Class of 2010, has gained a requested release and is transferring to Maryland.

The Gators have granted a release to freshman safety Jordan Haden of Friendly (Fort Washington, Md.) who has left the team and intends to transfer.

Darryl Jackson, a 6-foot-7, 290-pound offensive lineman from Mayfair (Lakewood, Calif.) has signed a grant-in-aid to play at UCLA.
    Jackson had signed with SMU in the Class of 2010, but was not admitted even though he was an NCAA qualifier.

Freshman defensive tackle Brandon Willis of Byrnes (Duncan, S.C.) is transferring from North Carolina to UCLA.
    An ESPNU 150 prospect in the Class of 2010 (rated four-stars)
    Last edited by MossyOakFarmBoy; 08-20-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks for all the help, guys.

Dwight Dasher has been suspended indefinitely by Middle Tennessee

USC freshman defensive back Patrick Hall has been suspended from the team indefinitely

Ncaa Bars Touted Class of 2010 4 Star Alfy Hill from Tide, now is going to play for East Carolina

Texas Tech has gained defensive back Don Hursey of D. H. Woodson (Washington, D.C.) for the Class of 2010

Darron Thomas is also Oregon's starting QB, so some rating adjustments may take place. Next update I'd say would come after week one..

Missouri Runnning Back Derrick Washington has been suspended Indefinitly

Notre Dame sophomore receiver Shaquelle Evans has been granted his release by the university and will transfer,

jeremiah masoli won't be playing for ole miss this year.

Quote Originally Posted by waynelaney View Post
    jeremiah masoli won't be playing for ole miss this year.
    This ruling is being appealed. Not official yet.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Robert Bolden will start at QB for PSU. May want to see how the depth chart looks a month or so in before making massive ratings changes.

Quote Originally Posted by MossyOakFarmBoy View Post
    Missouri Runnning Back Derrick Washington has been suspended Indefinitly
    He has now been "permanently" suspended.

Freshman
    The Texas Longhorns just released their depth chart on Monday. Mack Brown held a press conference shining light on what they expect from each player, and he covered a lot of them by name. I'll list things by position as they come in the in-game menu for simplicity. Also, on a side not, Texas is no longer running the spread, but has gone to more of a multiple style offense.

Here is a roster link where you can find height, weight, year, skin tone, numbers, etc. about any players that need to be created or changed to a different player. I’ll probably go through and do a number check Saturday at halftime of the game, cause I know there are a lot of issues, but this has taken too many hours already lol.
    http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.c...ootbl-mtt.html

QB:
    - Junior Sherrod Harris has decided to leave the team after being passed up by Garrett Gilbert, so he can be removed. (He is not transferring as far as I know) You can replace him with redshirt sophomore FB Jamison Berryhill.
    - Case McCoy has won the backup job over Connor Wood, even though the game lists Case McCoy as a 65 overall and wood as a 77. The battle for the job came down to the wire, so it would seem reasonable to make case McCoy a 78 overall, just above Connor Woods 77 overall rating.

HB:
    - Cody Johnson is listed as a FB in the game but has been named the starting HB ahead of Fozzy Whittaker and Tre Newton. When you switch him to HB his overall will drop to 88, but can be bumped back up after lowering all of his blocking skills and raising his agility and acceleration. (70 acceleration is crazy slow) You could make him just a 89 rather than a 91, because that is probably more realistic, since he still shares carries with Whittaker and Newton, who are 88 overall.
    - Another notable change is that HB Chris Whaley will be playing in the h-back position, along with TE Greg Smith, so he should probably be given some better blocking skills, since that will be his main use, as well as some slightly better pass catching and route running abilities (maybe 2-3 points on each, the biggest need is in the blocking area). Greg Smith does not require a change. I know this is somewhat of an odd situation since the h-back doesn't exist in-game, but for those of us that like things as real as possible, it would be a nice change that would not unfairly boost the team in any way.

FB:
    - As noted above, Cody Johnson should be the starting HB not FB.
    - As noted above, Jamison Berryhill is missing from the game, and will most likely share time as the starting FB with Ryan Roberson. He will most likely not carry the ball much, and mainly be used as a blocker.
    - LOLB Ryan Roberson has moved to FB and will share reps with Berryhill. Roberson will most likely be mainly used as a blocking FB as well. Roberson is an 84 overall LB so I would suggest using that same rating for him as a fullback, maybe an 83. I would also suggest making Berryhil equal, or maybe one point above, since Berryhill is the starter.

WR:
    - The receiving core is highly underrated in general, but I understand that everything can’t be changed. This is Texas though, and though they don’t have any mid-high 90’s receivers in-game or in real life, the players have been terrible translated into this game. I will mention a lot of changes here, but I will do my best to keep it realistic and balanced.

- James Kirkendoll is the best receiver on the team, as stated by Mack Brown himself. He should be listed at least equal to Malcolm williams at 92 overall, and I’d even suggest putting kirkendoll at 92 and dropping williams to 91 or even 90 if it helps you justify bumping others.
    - Marquis Goodwin will play ahead of John Chiles, and should be greater than him in overall rating. He is even playing ahead of Malcolm Williams at times. I suggest moving him up 2 points to an 86, at least,
    simply by moving his acceleration up from 83 to 90. I mean lets face it; the guy is 96 speed, 94 agility, and 83 acceleration… It just doesn’t even make sense that such a quick guy would accelerate like a DE. If you only want to bump him a point, or don’t want to move acceleration up 7 points, make his acceleration 88.
    - John Chiles is one of the most athletic and elusive players on the team and I would suggest moving his agility and elusiveness both to 90. This will not change his overall rating.
    - Mike Davis has been named the 5th receiver, and will see a lot of the field. He should not be a 78 overall by far, but more like an 82 because he will be splitting John Chiles.
    - Desean Hales could be dropped 2 points to a 79 to help balance changes.
    - DJ Monroe is the quickest, most elusive guy on the team, but his elusiveness is like 60. It should be in the mid to high 90’s and it won’t change his overall to do it either.
    - Darius White will rotate as the 6th receiver with Desean Hales and should probably bump from 76 to 78.
    - Darius Terrell is listed as a WR but is a TE. His stats will need major tweaks to make him a TE with the same 75 overall rating he has as a WR.

TE:
    - I noted a few weeks back that Barrett Matthews was a TE not a FB, and you quickly corrected it. I then noted that his rating should be equal to or greater than that of Greg Smith, as Matthews will be starting ahead of Smith. This I am unsure if you changed, because I have not downloaded any of your latest updates, I’m just hoping for a really good update now that the season is almost underway. If you have not adjusted Matthews to an 85-86 I would highly suggest that you do. A note on his play style, to help with skill adjustment – he is a fairly small tight end, (6’2” 235) but is very athletic and a tenacious blocker. So if you change his skills, keep that in mind. He will probably get some playing time at h-back also.

OL:
    - The O-Line is a cluster fuck to say the least.
    - LT Britt Mitchel should be a RG, and RG Kyle Hix should be the LT.
    - RT Garrett Porter should be C behind David Snow.
    - LG Mark Buchanan should be a RT
    - LG Thomas Ashcraft is missing from the game. He is the backup for Kyle Hix. He is a Redshirt Freshman and came in as an ESPN top 150 player in 09. So he should have a decent rating. He can be made out of LT Steve Moore, who is a redshirt senior, but will play behind ashcraft, making him worthless in-game for this season, and in dynasty. You could probably just use the same or similar ratings for Ashcraft that Moore has.

DE:
    - Reggie Wilson and Tevin Mims should have flipped overalls. Wilson should be the 83, and Mims should be the 75.
    - Alex Okafor has moved inside to DT. His overall will move up from 88-90 with the switch, but if you drop his strength to 81, agility to 78, and acceleration to 89, he will stay at 88 and remain the same sort of player. I figure his strength was a bit high anyway, and he’ll surely put on a little weight moving to DT so his acceleration and agility might dip. He will still remain a pass rushing DT with those changes though. And keeping him at 88 will help keep the team balanced with the other players that need their ratings bumped up.

DT:
    - Alex Okafor should be a DT, as mentioned above.
    - Tyrell Higgins is missing from the game, and will have to be created. He will be in the starting rotation at DT with Okafor and Acho, so he should be around an 87-88 overall.

LB:
    – I’m grouping all 3 spots together because there is a lot of flip flopping and some players listed with lower overall ratings in-game have earned starting spots. I realize it can be difficult to decide how to go about changing so many ratings, but I’ll try my best to lay it out for you in a fair manor.
    *(Keep in mind though, Texas is arguably the top defense in college football, and is said to be the best defense that Texas has ever had. So, not to sound like I’m expecting them to all be 99’s, I do believe raising a couple players is a fair change. But obviously you might see it differently.)*

- Emmanuel Acho has moved inside to MLB from LOLB and is starting a head of Jared Norton. (This might be the toughest skill change to make, because Acho lists as 84 overall at the MLB spot now, but is starting ahead of an 89 overall player and also an 87 overall player. This was also not a surprise either. Acho has been expected to be the starter and has outplayed the others all spring/summer. I personally feel that he should be a 91-92 MLB, because he is expected to be one of the star players for the team, but I understand if you are uncomfortable with bumping a player up that much. Part of the reason his overall is so low is because his speed is listed super low, so if you do make changes, that’s a good starting point.
    - Dravannti Johnson has moved from RE to the LOLB starting spot. He also will need a decent bump in order to be a realistic starter in such a talented defense. He is listed as only an 82 RE, but when moved to LOLB drops to a 79. Realistically he should be in the upper 80’s but again, I know how difficult it can be to make such drastic changes.
    - Jordan Hicks will be the backup outside linebacker, but is only listed as a 78. This is another one of those tough situations, but I do believe he should be at least an 80-81 overall. Again, understandable if you are unwilling to change it, and this one is less important than the two previously mentioned players, as he is not a starter.
    - Sophomore Ryan Roberson has moved from ROLB to FB as noted above.
    - Tariq Allen – all I can say here is WTF? This kid came in last year as the 4th best MLB in the nation, redshirted, and now they rate him a 69 overall… makes me wonder who is rating these guys. Please bump the kid to like a 74 at least. Not that it matters for the current season, or even the next, but it makes a big difference for 2012 and 2013 of dynasty.

CB:
    - Chykie Brown is the #1 CB but listed 3 points below Aaron Williams. But if you raise Chykie Brown 2 points to a 91, and drop Williams 2 points to a 90, it will be more accurate to the slight skill edge.
    - Curtis Brown should also be an 89-90 rather than an 84. Mack Brown has stated that Chykie Brown, Aaron Williams, and Curtis Brown are “all three starting.” And quite honestly, Texas has easily the best DB group in the country, but these ratings don’t show that.
    - A.J. White is missing from the game. He is competing as a backup along with Carrington Byndom, so should have a similar overall. (75-76) He was an Under Armour All-American, and the 8th best CB in the ESPNU top 150. (Byndom was listed the 12th best CB in ESPNU top 150)

S:
    - Adrian Phillips is missing from the team. He is a Freshman, and was listed as an Athlete in the ESPNU top 150, so he’s more speed and athleticism than coverage and catching. He’s probably only deserving of a 73-74 rating. You can make him out of SS Ben Wells, because he transferred. (though it seems impossible to find out where… I believe he went to a lower division school though, so it shouldn’t matter for any other schools on the game.)

K and P:
    - I don’t know what is up with this, but the listed kicker Travis Smith does not even exist on the Texas roster, and I can’t find him anywhere. I’m guessing he either transferred or just stopped playing football… either way, here are the corrections.
    - Justin Tucker is listed as the Punter but he is the Kicker. John Gold is the Punter. Tucker is the better of the two though and should retain the 89 overall of the anonymous Travis Smith, and Gold should take the 86 overall that Tucker previously had… not sure how they got this so jacked up, but that should put a fix to it.
    - William Russ is a highly touted Freshman Kicker and is missing from the game. This may be due to roster limits, but I’m not sure. Add him if possible, but he’s probably the least important guy out of who I’ve mentioned needs to be added.

PR:
    - Aaron Williams and Curtis Brown return punts, and should have better return ratings than 86 and 90.

KR:
    - Marquis Goodwin returns Kicks, but is already listed at 99.
    - D.J. Monroe is the #1 kick returned, and should be listed at 99 on return, as I believe I mentioned above.
    - Christian Scott is a secondary kick returner and is listed with a return rating of 70. This should be in the 90’s.
    - Aaron Williams is also a secondary kick returner.

If the roster limit is reached before all players can be added let me know please. I’ll evaluate the team again to see if someone is more vital than someone else, especially for dynasty situations.

I hope you take note of everything I’ve said, and don’t push it off as someone taking favor to a team and expecting them to be better. I’ve spent a lot of time formulating this list, and not just out of my own head haha. I used burntorangenation.com for some inside info, and bleacherreport.com for an unbiased viewpoint.
    Last edited by theauthor; 09-04-2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Small adjustments based on the first game.

jeremiah masoli won his Appeal and will play for Ole Miss this season

Texas freshman linebacker Tevin Jackson is ineligible to play and can't enroll in school because he has not yet been cleared by the NCAA.
    Last edited by MossyOakFarmBoy; 09-03-2010 at 03:45 PM.

I think how I am going to rate PSU's QBs are:

Bolden 81 (starter)
    Newsome 81
    McGloin default

But we'll see. I've updated quite a few teams for the next update.

Don't know what you were planning on for UM, but Robinson's the official starter (and did ridiculously good today), with Gardner as #2 and Forcier is down at #3.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud