Thread: TGTCMOD360 new OD idea

• Facebook
  • Display

TGTCMOD360 new OD idea

Since our current OD seems to be completely FUBARed by EA our only choices currently are to either just wait for a fix LOL, scrap it all and just move on or start another OD with no guarantee this won't all happen again.

I do enjoy the game when it works and I enjoy the competition of our coach mode OD so I'd like to start another one while we wait to see if anything gets resolved with our current OD.

I suggest we start a new with our current rule and slider set. I also think in order to make things a little more of a challenge we stay away from schools in or connected to the recruiting hotbeds of California, Texas, or Florida. Thus leaving us with the following options of schools. Would also probably be best if we stay away from user vs user games so let's not pick teams in the same conference.

Team Overall Offense Defense Prestige Conf.
    UMass 60 61 61 1 MAC
    Memphis 61 66 60 1 CUSA
    Akron 63 67 61 1 MAC
    Idaho 65 64 67 1 WAC
    MTSU 65 70 61 1 SB

Certainly doesn't leave us many options but I think this format could be really fun, get's us out of our comfort zone and creates a tough challenge.

Thoughts guys? If you're all good with it let's pick teams in order of newest to oldest member so ZP, Boss, Ud and then I'll pick last.

Also one of you would have to be the commish as you can't be commish of more than 1 OD unless you pay to be able to do that and lord knows I'm not giving EA any more money.
    Last edited by Coach Kernzy; 09-01-2012 at 10:05 AM.

Sounds good to me. Also, I would make recruiting weeks 2-5 at the end of the season simm. This gives us 1 week to try to seal the deal with recruits. After that, Its all comp. This will slow down the super quick team turn arounds (The way it is supposed to be)

I'm fine with that Ud, you're talking about the 5 weeks of off-season recruits right?
    So set your board and do everything you can in week 1 because in weeks 2-5 it's all simmed.
    I like that.

Freshman
    What about the possibility of taking up to a three star school (in any state), but letting the computer do all of the calling for recruits? We would be able add/cut players from our list of 35 targets, but let the computer handle who it feels it should spend the time on within those parameters.

way to easy to win early and turn a higher prestige school like that into a power house

Freshman
    Two star teams then? We are talking about the lower third of teams in terms of prestige in that case. And honestly, if the computer is recruiting, I don't think it would be that easy to grow into a powerhouse.

Freshman
    For those thinking they'd like more control over recruiting, perhaps we could allow for the user to spend 60 minutes per week built in, and another 60 minutes per week for every player that coach had go to the draft the year before?

For me and I think I speak for Underdog as well the most fun part of this game is taking a bottom of the barrel team and building them into a winner or moving up the coaching ranks for modest beginnings at one of the worst schools in the country.
    If you'd rather not be involved with these teams or this format I certainly understand PW.

Freshman
    I understand the draw there, and I'm all for it, but that's what we just did with our other OD and we left off with most of us at a 2 star school. I'm just trying to maintain some continuity there so we're not just starting at square one every time there's a glitch on EA's end. What happens with this OD if EA gets things in order and our other OD is able to resume? Do we run both? Are we officially moving over to this one and ditching the other? Is this just a scab OD that we'll run until/if the other OD is able to resume?
    Last edited by PeaceWithin; 08-24-2012 at 07:43 PM.

I'll get a list of acceptable 2* teams together and see what the other two guys think.

Team Overall Offense Defense Prestige Conf.
    Marshall 73 75 71 2 CUSA
    Central Michigan 73 77 69 2 MAC
    Ball State 73 77 71 2 MAC
    Bowling Green 75 75 76 2 MAC
    Minnesota 77 75 76 2 B10
    Indiana 77 77 76 2 B10
    Vanderbilt 77 80 74 2 SEC

I don't like that idea at all. We are playing on the highest skill level with one star schools there is no need to try and make it harder.

Freshman
    I'm fine with taking 1 star schools if we allow for more flexibility in terms of selection. Also, we should probably discuss what we're going to do long term. Are we going to remain with this OD if the old one is fixed, are we moving back, or are we running both?

I've laid out my plans and neither of you are fans so you two come up with a plan and let me know what you decide, makes no difference to me. It'll be one of you guys being the commish anyway.

It was fine like it was. That's all that I am saying. We change to much period!

Freshman
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Kernzy View Post
    I've laid out my plans and neither of you are fans so you two come up with a plan and let me know what you decide, makes no difference to me. It'll be one of you guys being the commish anyway.
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean by this. I wasn't intending to rock the boat, Kernzy. This is your league, and I totally respect that. What parameters did you want to lock in on for this league?
    Last edited by PeaceWithin; 08-24-2012 at 09:01 PM.

Quite frankly I'm just frustrated with this whole situation. EA has got me really pissed off that we're even having to talk about this.
    Let's just hang tight and see if maybe they'll come up with some sort of fix in the near future.