Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boy Receives $14,500,000.00 after suffering brain injury while playing baseball

• Facebook
  • Display
    Absolutely.

But still, $2 million is staggering to me. I simply don't have a clue how much medical bills are nowadays.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Absolutely.

But still, $2 million is staggering to me. I simply don't have a clue how much medical bills are nowadays.
    they add up in a hurry....especially if you have to stay overnight in the hospital.

friend of mine that i used to work with, accidentally sliced his hand with a box cutter knife. he went to the doctor first, but that idiot just stitched him back up without cleaning the wound. his hand started to get infected, and the infection spread up to his elbow. the hospital finally got the infection under control after about 3 weeks, but they almost had to cut his arm off. he said that in the 6 weeks since he cut his hand, he already had over $1.5 million in medical bills. luckily for him though, he'll probably win his malpractice lawsuit against the doctor.

Jesus!
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

And THIS is what's wrong with our healthcare system. 2 million fucking dollars?!?! Does it REALLY have to cost 2 million dollars? Shit costs way too fucking much.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    And THIS is what's wrong with our healthcare system. 2 million fucking dollars?!?! Does it REALLY have to cost 2 million dollars? Shit costs way too fucking much.
    That $2M pays for

1. The skills/education of the M.D.
    2. The uber high-tech robotic/laser equipment/technology to perform said surgery
    3. The skills/education of the Nurses and other hospital staff
    4. The utilities/costs of running the hospital
    5. The malpractice insurance costs
    6. The taxes
    7. The red tape
    8. etc...

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    That $2M pays for

1. The skills/education of the M.D.
    2. The uber high-tech robotic/laser equipment/technology to perform said surgery
    3. The skills/education of the Nurses and other hospital staff
    4. The utilities/costs of running the hospital
    5. The malpractice insurance costs
    6. The taxes
    7. The red tape
    8. etc...
    Yes and it pays a whole bunch for those that get their care for free

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Yes and it pays a whole bunch for those that get their care for free
    Yep that was one of the etc...

9. The deadbeats and even illegal immigrants that get ER care for a headache (which b/c of malpractice lawsuits requires a CT/MRI scan for any complaints of head pain) and have no $ and the hospital has to "eat" those cost (according to liberals) when in reality that cost is transferred over to PAYING customers/patients.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yep that was one of the etc...

9. The deadbeats and even illegal immigrants that get ER care for a headache (which b/c of malpractice lawsuits requires a CT/MRI scan for any complaints of head pain) and have no $ and the hospital has to "eat" those cost (according to liberals) when in reality that cost is transferred over to PAYING customers/patients.

That 2M pays for the super mark-up in prices that health care can ask for because people will pay anything to be healthy.

I'm not saying healthcare needs to be free but it shouldn't be 2 million dollars either.

That 2M pays for the super mark-up in prices that health care can ask for because people will pay anything to be healthy.

I'm not saying healthcare needs to be free but it shouldn't be 2 million dollars either.
    So the free market works unless we "need" something? How much of your health care providers life are you entitled to? I ask with all respect Bill, no offense.

So the free market works unless we "need" something? How much of your health care providers life are you entitled to? I ask with all respect Bill, no offense.
    Supply/Demand

Demand is high because our life/health is important to all of us. Supply is low b/c very few talented people are skilled enough to become a M.D. (much less a GOOD M.D.) as such they are entitled to the price they receive for their skills. (Demand High Supply Low = Premium for good/service)

souljah falls into the trap of saying man it costs too damn much. however, he is NOT (i bet) willing to live in a world were M.D.s are nothing more than Government employees that make 30K a year. why? b/c people like my wife will leave the profession and go where their skills/talent/brains are respected and paid what they are actually worth.

No offense taken.

Free market is fine and dandy when you're buying milk and gas but we're talking about someone's health/life. Do I expect the families cost to be higher then someone who has a nosebleed, for example? Of course. But does it really need to be 2 million dollars? Is 1 million dollars really too little? If the family can't get 2 million and the insurance doesn't want to cough up 2 million (which we all know they don't), then we just go, "Too bad, so sad" and move on? That doesn't seem right to me. I know life isn't fair but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to be fair. 2 million just seems extreme and too opportunistic.