Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 European Football Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display
    West Ham?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWW7...e_gdata_player

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

For the record, Smooth, Aston Villa has the same color scheme as what you saw today with the Hammers. Now, the Villains lost that match to West Ham, but, if you're going to pick a club based on their kits, at least you have 2 choices.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    but, if you're going to pick a club based on their kits, at least you have 2 choices. you must change your name to RamPancakes
    Fixed.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

For the record, Smooth, Aston Villa has the same color scheme as what you saw today with the Hammers. Now, the Villains lost that match to West Ham, but, if you're going to pick a club based on their kits, at least you have 2 choices.

Damn, I didn't know Aston Villa has the same color scheme. I might have to keep an eye on both teams then.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Fixed.
    Nah, whoever I end up deciding to follow full time, it won't be because of the color of their kits. I was just saying that West Ham United (and now Aston Villa thanks to steeler's pointing it out), I may go out of my way to watch them when they play on TV just because their home kits resemble that of the Colorado Rapids. As the Colorado Rapids are my favorite MLS squad, while I know nothing about West Ham or Aston Villa, it at least gives me some sort of an interest in watching them play based on resemblance of their home kits.

Chelsea off to a good start with a 2:0 win at Wigan.

Snoop, there might be room on the bandwagon for Man U now after their loss today

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Snoop, there might be room on the bandwagon for Man U now after their loss today
    Who the fuck are Man United?

Who the fuck are Man United?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

[QUOTE=JBHuskers;161478]Snoop, there might be room on the bandwagon for Man U now after their loss today [/Qed UOTE]

Everton played a decent game but for the last 30 minutes of that game, Manchester U took it to them. I still can't believe Man U. didn't score. Apparently that is only Everton's fourth victory over Man U.

[QUOTE=jaymo76;161605]
    Snoop, there might be room on the bandwagon for Man U now after their loss today [/Qed UOTE]

Everton played a decent game but for the last 30 minutes of that game, Manchester U took it to them. I still can't believe Man U. didn't score. Apparently that is only Everton's fourth victory over Man U.
    I didn't get to see the match (damn job), but I did see City's 3-2 win over Southampton yesterday. That was a match between the previous year's league champions (City) and a team that had just been promoted as the winners of the npower Championship league.

There was a long stretch of the second half where the Saints were outplaying the Citizens and they actually had a 2-1 lead. Eventually, City pulled out a 3-2 win, but that is what makes football, football.

Look at Liverpool. They got nailed by West Brom, 3-0, this weekend. Even though there is a talent disparity between some clubs you never know what can happen in any given match and you can't take any opponent for granted at this level.

That said, I think the league title comes down to City and United again this year. I expect them both to be 10+ points clear of everyone else (that includes my Chelsea boys) and I would always rather see City win than United.

Chelsea scored 3 times in the final 21 minutes today to overcome a 2-1 deficit against Reading at Stamford Bridge. I didn't get to watch, but I was sweating when I saw that the Royals were leading.

I'm looking forward to Chelsea hosting Newcastle on Saturday. Sounds like a good time at my favorite bar.

Help me out here people (I'm looking at you Steeler)... what is the difference between the champions League and Europa??? I saw Hearts and Liverpool today but I'm not really sure of the Europa League.

Basically, the Champions League features the top clubs from the different European leagues. The Europa League features the next tier, so to speak.

The EPL, for example, is allotted 4 clubs in the Champions League (4 is the maximum). The number of clubs that enter from a given league is based on UEFA coefficients that rank how each league performs in continental competitions. In short, the better that teams from your league do in these competitions, the more teams from your league will be allowed in.

Now, typically, the clubs that finish 1-4 in the EPL go to the Champions League and 5-6 play in the Europa League. However, last year, Chelsea finished 6th in the EPL but they won the CL. Winning the CL gains them automatic entry this year and pushes the 4th place club (Tottenham) down to the Europa League.

Also, Liverpool gained entry in the Europa League by being the runners-up in the FA Cup. Normally, the FA Cup winner gets in but that was Chelsea, who will be in the CL.

Additionally, after the Group Stage of the CL, the 3rd place clubs from each group, though eliminated from the CL, get dumped into the Europa League.

In August each year, the previous season's CL winner and Europa League winner play a single match in what is known as the UEFA European Super Cup. This year, that match will be next Friday between Chelsea and Atletico Madrid, who won the last Europa League.

For reference, because of licensing, here are what those competitions are called in EA's FIFA title:

Champions League - Champions Cup
    Europa League - Euro League
    UEFA Super Cup - Copa Europe

Also, specific to the EPL in FIFA, the FA Cup is called the FA Cup, but the Carling Cup is called the League Cup (it's name before it was sponsored) in the video game.

Hope that helps, I know it's alot to ingest.

Chelsea beats Newcastle, 2-0 at the Bridge. Eden Hazard has been a force early in the season and looks to be a brilliant capture for Chelsea. The Blues are now 3-0-0.

Amazed by Liverpool's effort against Man City. I have a feeling they won't hold on in the last 15 though.

Amazed by Liverpool's effort against Man City. I have a feeling they won't hold on in the last 15 though.
    2 minutes later...I'm right

2 minutes later...I'm right
    They still held on to get the draw though. A hell of a match today.

Every point that City and United drop is good with me.

I'm leaving work early on Friday to watch the UEFA European Super Cup and I can't fucking wait. Go Blues, bring home the silverware!

Falcao carved Chelsea up in the first half. Very impressive, but damn.