Thread: Computer spiking the ball, but no loss of yards?

• Facebook
  • Display

Question Computer spiking the ball, but no loss of yards?

I am playing my solo dynasty and I am noticing now in my 3rd year that when the CPU spikes to kill the clock, they aren't losing any yardage. It was first down and the spiked. 2nd and still 10. 2nd down they throw an incomplete pass. For 3rd down they do hurry up offense and spike the ball again, now making it 4th and 10. I don't know why it was rushing on an incomplete pass on 2nd down, but normally a spiked ball is at least a 1 yard loss isn't it? Two of them should be at least a yard?

Spikes are essentially an incomplete pass so there are no loss of yards.

That's what I thought too, but before that last patch, I seriously was getting dinged for a yard. So after the patch, I noticed the CPU wasn't getting dinged and thought it was weird. Ok, thanks for help!

I don't like that the CPU can no-huddle hurry up to spike the ball and my Defense will get caught in an offside position. However when I run the Spike play I can't hike the ball until the CPU is onside...not really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    I don't like that the CPU can no-huddle hurry up to spike the ball and my Defense will get caught in an offside position. However when I run the Spike play I can't hike the ball until the CPU is onside...not really cool.

Have you noticed how they can do it and lose no time at all? Not even a second! HATE that!

I'm just glad they added a "Spike Ball" choice to the No-Huddle menu. I was getting sick of hitting the wrong button and doing a Fake Spike instead of a Spike Ball in the closing seconds.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

This must go with the "theory" that it's a video game and it really knows what you're doing. I've always thought it's strange how I'll come out in SG Spread, have a pass play called, then quick-audible to a run and the CPU def will bring guys into the box, then I audible again to the original passing play and the CPU def returns it's players to pass protection...funny STRANGE!

ya, they need to make your players get back on defense much quicker. the only times you ever see some team get penalized for offsides like this situation, is when they're in the redzone and they're substituting. oregon doesnt even snap the ball fast enough to catch the other team's players offsides after the previous play.

This must go with the "theory" that it's a video game and it really knows what you're doing. I've always thought it's strange how I'll come out in SG Spread, have a pass play called, then quick-audible to a run and the CPU def will bring guys into the box, then I audible again to the original passing play and the CPU def returns it's players to pass protection...funny STRANGE!
    I will change direction on a run play and all of a sudden they audible and have 10 guys in the box! Not funny STRANGE, funny CHEATING GAME! But I do love this game, so what can you do!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
    Not funny STRANGE, funny CHEATING GAME!
    sorry I was referring to this: