Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    The initial decision to sign him may not have been the coach's idea. Jeff Ireland has final say on personel decisions.

Dolphin players were upset over the decision and most guys liked him. The team had a bad practice today as well.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.

I just watched the replay of the TB/Miami game and wasn't all thet impressed with regards to Miami. If the D isn't lock down I think this team will struggle to score points and win games. I love Cam Wake but more players on the other side of the ball will need to step up for Miami to be successful. Tannehill looked decent but I'm still not convinced.

The Dolphins players, coaches and beat writers were disappointed with Miami's defense. No question their failure last year in the first half really hurt the team. They will have to carry this team early on and they better do it. We still have to remember this is preseason and week one preseason. The Dolphins front 7 is a pretty veteran group and vets have a hard time getting their intensity up for presason.

I always get amused by guys that use preseason stats to adjust their fantasy boards. It's the worst thing you can do. All you need to research is the depth chart. I'll always remember Marshall Faulk doing squat as a rookie in preseason and then bust out 145 yards and 3 TDs in week one. Gameplanning and intensity goes up a ton when the real season begins.

JB is praying to the gods of Football right now that Urlacher is a fast healer

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Bears announced @burlacher54 underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left knee, still hoping to play in regular-season opener.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...-1-sources-say

Not a smart move Mike. Going to have to wait until next off-season to even begin discussions on a new deal with the Steelers...unless that is not his plan to begin with.

Bettis tried to explain to you the Steelers MO.

And can only hurt you doing the regular

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post

Not a smart move Mike. Going to have to wait until next off-season to even begin discussions on a new deal with the Steelers...unless that is not his plan to begin with.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Hall of Fame Game this weekend, so let's shift from the offseason talk to looking ahead to the season. I think it's going to be a crazy one.

Here are my quick and dirty predictions.

SUPER BOWL
    Chicago d. Pittsburgh
    I guess I'm not the only one thinking crazy.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...owl-contenders

The article, if accurate, only says he'd return BEFORE the first game. I've seen the Steelers extend contacts on Saturday night before Opening Day. This is not a concern and only would be if he doesn't return before Opening Day.

Last week, it was reported that Wallace said he doesn't want $100 M, or even $50 M (the Steelers can still afford that) and that he's not talking to the media because he's tired of his words being misrepresented (ie he wants "Fitzgerald money").

I still say he gets a long-term deal before the opener and, if not, he's there for the opening kick in Denver.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I want Wallace back and when he said he wasn't looking for that kind of money that made me feel better but unless he gets back to work soon I'm not going to be happy.

Missing lots of valuable time with Ben and Company learning the new offense and it's little tendencies scares me that he is going to be playing from behind (that sounded so wrong) all year.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post

Missing lots of valuable time with Ben and Company learning the new offense and it's little tendencies scares me that he is going to be playing from behind (that sounded so wrong) all year.
    this. I think he gets a long term deal as well but it would be nice to have him in camp to learn this new system.

Honest question here because I can recall or I'm simply not remembering it but tell me the last time a hold out went out that year and had a year comparable to those they had before holding out?

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    The article, if accurate, only says he'd return BEFORE the first game. I've seen the Steelers extend contacts on Saturday night before Opening Day. This is not a concern and only would be if he doesn't return before Opening Day.

Last week, it was reported that Wallace said he doesn't want $100 M, or even $50 M (the Steelers can still afford that) and that he's not talking to the media because he's tired of his words being misrepresented (ie he wants "Fitzgerald money").

I still say he gets a long-term deal before the opener and, if not, he's there for the opening kick in Denver.
    I know but if you plan on showing up before Week 1...then why not show up now?

This is and will only hurt him. I don't care what kind of training he is doing, he isn't doing it in a team environment and with the team. Out of all players, he especially should be in learning this offense considering how his numbers declined

Can't recall but Darrelle Revis held out as well a good part of camp if I'm not mistaken...then he dealt with hamstring problems majority of camp and the start of that season I believe.

I know injuries can happen regardless but coming into camp late trying to prepare and go full speed that you haven't been getting can only hurt.

With all that said I know he will get a long term deal and won't miss any games due to it. Still would be beneficial to him to be in now.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Honest question here because I can recall or I'm simply not remembering it but tell me the last time a hold out went out that year and had a year comparable to those they had before holding out?
    Chris Johnson RB Tennessee comes to mind. I can't remember if he held out last year or the year before, but, besides last year where I think he played hurt most of the year, he's been on pace for being amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    Chris Johnson RB Tennessee comes to mind. I can't remember if he held out last year or the year before, but, besides last year where I think he played hurt most of the year, he's been on pace for being amazing.
    It was last year that he held out. And if you look at his numbers it took him a good bit of the 1st half of the season to get into game shape.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    It was last year that he held out. And if you look at his numbers it took him a good bit of the 1st half of the season to get into game shape.
    +1

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    +1
    But that could have also been because of the lack of offseason workouts in general and the fact that MANY NFL players didn't think we were going to have a season at all, so they only did about a 3rd of their normal offseason training regiment.

Also, his carries dropped pretty significantly (50 less carries). Gotta think with the same amount of carries, his numbers are right up there again with his previous two years.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    But that could have also been because of the lack of offseason workouts in general and the fact that MANY NFL players didn't think we were going to have a season at all, so they only did about a 3rd of their normal offseason training regiment.

Also, his carries dropped pretty significantly (50 less carries). Gotta think with the same amount of carries, his numbers are right up there again with his previous two years.
    He didn't know the Offense as well either. New Coach, new system.

Still all of that may be true but holding out of training camp definitely did not help

IIRC though, his limited carries early on were because of him not being game ready. I only know because I had him in fantasy last year

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    this. I think he gets a long term deal as well but it would be nice to have him in camp to learn this new system.
    He's had the playbook for months, fwiw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

I understand you think you need to get paid more, but NFL training camp holdouts just annoy me.