Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sliders: Player Min Speed Threshold

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    TKO, what difficulty do you play on? I've read more on this lately and the default threshold changes by difficulty. On Varsity there is a much bigger gap than Heisman. Default 50 on AA is more like 25 on Heisman or maybe 75 on Varsity (rough numbers). I'm going to try threshold @25 on Heisman, maybe even 0, and see how it plays.
    Thats interesting Rudy, I had no idea it was different for each difficulty level. I play all of my games on Heisman, which is probably why people who play on AA say to keep it at 50. I also play on game speed Slow. When I play on 45/50 on Heisman there is almost no separation between average players and great players. Unless you lower it to 20 or lower you won't really see much of a difference, or at least a realistic difference. I think 10 or 15 is perfect, and even 0 isn't bad.

I was reading this thread on OS and saw this guy's test (he sounds reasonable enough). http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-testing.html

Setting Threshold HB LB Diff
    Varsity 0 4.11 4.63 0.52
    50 4.02 4.49 0.47
    100 4.03 4.35 0.3
    Heisman 0 4.31 4.8 0.48
    50 4.3 4.62 0.325
    100 4.16 4.35 0.19

He said All American was in the middle but in his testing between the RB (90 speed) and LB (80 speed) there was a 0.47 second 40 yard time difference at default Varsity, 0.40 for AA (just used middle) and only 0.33 on Heisman. Default Heisman was equivalent to 0 on Varsity. So I figure default AA would be about 25 on Heisman.

I'm playing on Slow with Heisman as well and haven't played with this but I do think I need a great separation to distinguish the scat backs and fast WRs. I'll try 15 tonight if I get a chance and see how that plays.

Let me know what you think. Honestly I've had great results on 15, 10(probably my favorite), and 0. If you don't feel like you get what you want on 15, try 10. If u don't like 10, try 0. I think you will like any of these better than what you have been playing with.

I will. I'm going to try and get my dynasty game with Michigan against Illinois tonight. I think I'll try 10 then and see how much of a difference I see. Will this affect the pass coverage? I've read some people say you need to tweak some sliders to account for changes.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    I will. I'm going to try and get my dynasty game with Michigan against Illinois tonight. I think I'll try 10 then and see how much of a difference I see. Will this affect the pass coverage? I've read some people say you need to tweak some sliders to account for changes.
    It will definitely affect pass coverage. How significantly? Not entirely sure.

I played one game at 10. I didn't see a huge difference in gameplay which I'm happy about. I did notice my fast WRs getting behind the secondary a little more. I'm going to leave it at 10 for awhile and see how I like it. This may help when running the spread.

I don't know how much this should affect coverage because DBs vs WRs that are the same speed should not be affected. A faster DB should actually be better. What will hurt is when the cpu tries to run too many LBs out there against the spread and have them cover WRs which is stupid anyway and something I saw FAR too much last night. Illinois kept running out base defenses against 3 and 4 WRs and they were also using a ton of double CB blitzes and other stupid stuff. I had to pass 70% of the time and hit some big plays in a 37-7 route. They do blow but I wanted to work on running the option but their personel and defensive calls made that very hard.

I tried it at 20 last night on Heisman with slow gamespeed. My 98 speed running back became a real weapon if he got into open field as he should be. I enjoyed the settings greatly. I agree with Rudy that I saw my fast and quick WRs get downfield a bit more realistically versus slower CBs. My WR was a 94 speed guy with 86 accel, and it was his accel that got him a couple steps on the CB 40 yards downfield who had 80 accel and 92 speed. My RB was getting run down routinely on 50 threshhold on Heisman, so I'm liking the 20 much better. Will have to play a couple more games against various competition to see if that is good to go or maybe if I want to close the gap a bit to 25. I also liked the 20 since the read option opened up a touch more as well.

I'm glad you saw a difference Rudy. For the longest time I followed others slider sets and used their settings, but was always unsatisfied with the amount of separation my faster WRs/RBs would get against inferior opponents. I finally saw the difference I wanted when I dropped down to 15 and have kind of settled in on 10 at the moment. It does make for a disadvantage at LB sometimes, but if you recruit LBs well enough with speed and play smart (don't isolate a LB with man coverage on a WR) then that disadvantage is minimal. LBs with decent speed can match up with most TEs perfectly. Be a smart coach and don't leave your weaker players covering better/faster guys.

As for you Austin, have you tried dropping it down to 10? Or even 15? I think you may find it a little closer to real life than 20/25. But that is just me, everybody is different. I guess the most important thing is to find the setting you like best and play with it. Some people love 45 or 50. Hey, if that works for them then all the power to them.

Maybe I'll split you guys and use 15 on my next game. I have Northwestern next.

Maybe I'll split you guys and use 15 on my next game. I have Northwestern next.
    Let me know what you think. Post your reactions after the game when you get a chance.

As for you Austin, have you tried dropping it down to 10? Or even 15? I think you may find it a little closer to real life than 20/25. But that is just me, everybody is different. I guess the most important thing is to find the setting you like best and play with it. Some people love 45 or 50. Hey, if that works for them then all the power to them.
    Haven't tried 10 or 15 yet.
    I think I'm going to toy with 20 for at least another game and check how plays are working out, as that long TD on the streak to the WR that I mentioned looked pretty good.....WR had 2-2.5 yards at the catch point on the CB......and then I'll try 15 perhaps for a couple games. Don't want to drop it too far down to make it too much like an arcade game where speed trumps everything.

Played my game this morning. 15 seemed good. Too hard to tell in a couple quick games but I do like the threshold dropped on Heisman. The fast players come alive more.

I think I'm going to drop mine down to 15 on Heisman. That seems to be the "magic" number most people are using.

Quite frankly, I kind of like 0 on Heisman. I'm going to be trying that for the next while.

Thread has been updated lately but any "news" on threshold. I have used 45 from the beginning but I feel the need to tinker. I have a speed back 5* and the guys gets run down by LB's far too often. What is the current consensus?

I like it at 0 for Heisman.

if im not on heisman... i play at 0, and game speed very fast, its the only way you can get a realistic spread option game... otherwise on heisman fast game speed and 10... i work and work and work to try and match the numbers of the real ducks.... and its tough but thats about the only way i can have it set up to SORT OF mimic the real life counterparts...

"E"

Hmmm... maybe I will try zero tonight. I played a game at 25 and found no difference between that and 50, 45, or 40.

They are subtle differences Jaymo. I think you have to really change it to see a big difference. Remember that the base threshold is different for each difficulty as well.

Well I have played three games on AA with ZERO as the threshhold. I don't know how I feel about it. I find that the run game and speed backs for the hum and cpu teams are really strong. It's good to see the run game back with zero threshold. As Ohio against OSU the backkup RB for Ohio St. had a 9.1 ypc avg! My D was brutal. However, the downside to the zero threshold has to be the ease of the user passing game. My Ohio QB, a junior with avg. skills at best went 23-29 for 389 yards and three TD's and Ohio beat OSU 38-27. The slant routes are money for 10+ yards everytime as the LB's and DB's just can't cover. As well, you get real seperation on the long ball. It kind of reminds me of an 06 (ps2) and an 09 (ps3) hybrid. Now my user passing is set at 15. I need to test out moving the cpu pass covg. way up. What are people using for cpu pass covg.?