Thread: Two Tight Ends?

• Facebook
  • Display

Two Tight Ends?

In NCAA 12, can anyone tell me the best type of offense (Multiple, Spread, etc.) to use if I want to use a two tight end set as much as possible and have them play a big part in my passing game? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TitleTownIrish View Post
    In NCAA 12, can anyone tell me the best type of offense (Multiple, Spread, etc.) to use if I want to use a two tight end set as much as possible and have them play a big part in my passing game? Thanks.
    To through the formations in:

Ace
    I-Form
    Pistol

The Oneback offense is going to best your best bet for running two tight ends. You could run 22 personnel (two tight ends and two running backs), but I don't think that grouping is as effective in the game as it should be. The Ace formations in the Oneback offense (look at Boston College's playbook) give a good run/pass balance without tipping the play with the formation. They also give you a variety of looks.

Shotgun also has a decent amount of 2 TE formations.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Also use your formation packages. Occasionally throw a Tight End into the slot or split out. Especially if they're athletic enough to run some routes.

Any playbook that has "H Pro" i.e. Strong I H Pro, Weak I H Pro, I form H Pro, etc.. etc.. you will then have a formation audible to sub the 2nd TE in as your FB, he should be a good blocker and a great receiving threat out of the backfield, possibly into the flats.

I would start with Stanford.

I still don't understand why the "H" formations don't default as having a TE as the FB. Seems like you should have to package in the FB, not out.

But given the way the FB blocks in this year's game, I still give the nod to the Oneback and Boston College. Personal preference at least.

I still don't understand why the "H" formations don't default as having a TE as the FB. Seems like you should have to package in the FB, not out.

But given the way the FB blocks in this year's game, I still give the nod to the Oneback and Boston College. Personal preference at least.

This might help you out if you're interested in searching the PBs for NCAA 12.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...laybook-Search

Thanks to everyone for all the replies and help. Much appreciated.

Just to reinforce my answer above, I played with BC's playbook tonight and I'd guess that 80% of my playcalls were two TEs with one HB. Love it!

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Just to reinforce my answer above, I played with BC's playbook tonight and I'd guess that 80% of my playcalls were two TEs with one HB. Love it!
    Awesome!

It's SO MUCH FUN to run an offense like that, especially when you have two TEs that are even semi-talented.