Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Batman' Theater Shooting in Aurora, CO

• Facebook
  • Display
    Grizzly Bear or Lion mauling

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    #1 the shooter was F'D up (obviously)

#2 the media jumps to conclusions with virtually ZERO facts in attempt to be able to say "you heard it hear first". Hell the police are still investigating. Let them do their F'n jobs and the facts will be the facts. - I've seen reports that he was a Tea Party Member and reports that he was a member of the Occupy Movement. OBVIOUSLY the "profile" for a member in those groups are about as different as possible in America

Instead of #2 how about we report what we know (a lone man went into a theatre last night and shot allot of people leaving several dead (the counts are all over the place too - and more importantly the #s don't add/subtract anything from the story) the police are investigating potential bombs/explosives that the man may have set as traps. The suspect is in custody. As soon as we know more we will let you know.

I'M F'N SICK OF THIS [CENSORED]
    Point #2 is EXACTLY what HBO's show, The Newsroom is about.

FYI - CO does have the death penalty (and it would certainly apply here as there are "aggrevating circumstances" which trigger the death penalty) but the state has only used it once in the "modern era" if you will for capital punishment.

Well, it's obviously premeditated as he went ballistic at an event where he knew there would be a ton of people. I'm surprised he told the cops about the booby traps. I can't lie, I think leaving booby trap bombs is kinda cool. Make no mistake, that shit is wrong as hell but if I were ever planning to be a super asshole like this guy, blowing up some cops as they investigate my place would definitely be one helluva calling card.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Wow. Sick fuckin' motherfucker.

Okay this will probably sound insensitive, but I'm really tired of the constant coverage this type of stuff gets throughout the day. Every time a little fucking detail comes out BREAKING NEWS!!!111 i.e. the fact the he had bought a movie ticket and was in the crowd to start....do we really need a breaking news for that? All the media (and social media in 2012) are doing is giving this guy what he wants....his name and face all over the country.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Okay this will probably sound insensitive, but I'm really tired of the constant coverage this type of stuff gets throughout the day. Every time a little fucking detail comes out BREAKING NEWS!!!111 i.e. the fact the he had bought a movie ticket and was in the crowd to start....do we really need a breaking news for that? All the media (and social media in 2012) are doing is giving this guy what he wants....his name and face all over the country.
    That's why I don't pay attention to any of it. I don't watch TV and I only follow people on Twitter that I actually give a shit about what they say. I don't go to reddit. I don't interact with MOST of the unbelievably annoying parts of the internet/media.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Yeah I read an interesting article somewhere earlier today from a psychiatrist that basically said something along the lines of these people generally all do it to "become famous". The media coverage they know they are getting turns them on and WORSE people that are similarly F'd up see it on t.v. and it feeds their desire to do the same so the media feeds the beast.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    He was wearing a bullet-proof vest.
    One pop to the head, all it takes. Shit like this is the exact reason I'm getting my CCW sometime in the future. You can't even walk down your fucking neighborhood street and feel safe anymore in some cities.

Where was Batman while this was happening?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

That last post out of the way, what a sick motherfucker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by steelerfan; 07-20-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    One pop to the head, all it takes. Shit like this is the exact reason I'm getting my CCW sometime in the future. You can't even walk down your fucking neighborhood street and feel safe anymore in some cities.
    Ever tried to hit a head at 20 yards....while the head and/or you are moving? 10 yards? Not an easy shot with a pistol versus a rifle.

Put two on the vest as the raw force will cause discomfort and then take out the tank treads, i.e. mobility center, i.e. the legs/pelvis area, and then move to head or other regions to further disable mobile centers.

Yes, I shoot a bit. CHL here also.
    Hardly a pro, but I shoot competition and have attended training from well-known instructors, holding a rifle instructor certification from CSAT.

Not trying to make light of the incident, but it would be a difficult situation for any common person and claiming headshot in those conditions. Good luck, especially since you'd need to highly aware of what is beyond the target and where any misses might be going......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FecjjYnak
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1FecjjYnak
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 07-20-2012 at 09:23 PM.

stupid double post

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Turns out he wasn't even wearing a bullet-proof vest.

Reports are it was a Blackhawk Tactical vest....

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Ever tried to hit a head at 20 yards....while the head and/or you are moving? 10 yards? Not an easy shot with a pistol versus a rifle.

Put two on the vest as the raw force will cause discomfort and then take out the tank treads, i.e. mobility center, i.e. the legs/pelvis area, and then move to head or other regions to further disable mobile centers.

Yes, I shoot a bit. CHL here also.
    Hardly a pro, but I shoot competition and have attended training from well-known instructors, holding a rifle instructor certification from CSAT.

Not trying to make light of the incident, but it would be a difficult situation for any common person and claiming headshot in those conditions. Good luck, especially since you'd need to highly aware of what is beyond the target and where any misses might be going......
    And if you get enough bullets going in a general direction someone is bound to hit something that isn't covered by a bullet proof vest. Example 3-4 cops all shoot at the same target I certainly wouldn't like my chances of NOT getting shot in an exposed area thats for sure.

I'll be honest, if people were allowed to carry guns, I don't see how this situation would've been any different. The guy throws a smoke bomb into a dark room and starts to spray the area. If everyone took out their guns in defense, there's a greater chance of hitting a bystander trying to escape then the guy causing the chaos.

And on another note this dude looks completely gone

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/23/justic...ing/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I'll be honest, if people were allowed to carry guns, I don't see how this situation would've been any different. The guy throws a smoke bomb into a dark room and starts to spray the area. If everyone took out their guns in defense, there's a greater chance of hitting a bystander trying to escape then the guy causing the chaos.
    I agree definitely wouldn't have made things better. Though I wonder if people knew others were carrying if this kind of thing happens? Either way he was prepared to diffuse any type of defense anyone could have not only by the element of surprise but the fact he tear gassed the place.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I agree definitely wouldn't have made things better. Though I wonder if people knew others were carrying if this kind of thing happens? Either way he was prepared to diffuse any type of defense anyone could have not only by the element of surprise but the fact he tear gassed the place.
    There is a FBI statistic that something like 75+% of active shooter situations are ended by an armed civilian, unarmed civilian or a first-responder LE officer, not SWAT. I'd have to ask my LE friend down here to forward me the link, but in about 1 minute of Google search time:
    Single, unarmed civilians have proven most effective at intervening, most likely because they were already on the scene when the attacks started and had the courage to take action. About half the successful interventions were by solo unarmed citizens, according to Borsch's figures.
    http://kclea.com/content/view/185/38/
    25% are stopped by armed civilians while the other 25% are stopped by first-responder LE.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/arme...watch-of-death

So yes, civilian CHL/CCW holders may have been able to intervene.....not necessarily save everyone, but enough to intervene. Could others have been hit? Sure, always a possibility, BUT that is fundamental decision on the person pulling the trigger to follow firearm basics and in taking the action of carrying a firearm to practice, train, practice, train, learn, and learn to not pull the trigger unless you have the confidence and ability to make the hit. And yes, there are people who don't take that seriously enough.
    People who don't take the time to learn and take it seriously and people who doubt in their ability or don't like guns -> I agree with them, they shouldn't have guns.

Can't imagine why most of those active shooter incidents occur in areas where firearms aren't allowed..........
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 07-23-2012 at 01:51 PM.

I didn't even watch the videos until now. That's you? Shit I don't even think I could have hit the dirt by the time you finished reloading.