Thread: 13: Rules

• Facebook
  • Display

13: Rules

General Sportmanship:
    This dynasty is for fun. It is not fun if players quit, "cheese", or do not play by the rules. Cheesing WILL NOT be tolerated. Good sportsmanship, honesty, and respect for your players are expected for all participants. Violations of any rules or any poor conduct are ground for removal. The commisioners have the right to remove any members that they believe are detrimental to the dynasty.

Cheese - noun; pronounced (chEz)
    1. A solid food prepared from the pressed curd of milk, often seasoned and aged.
    2. Taking advantage of glitches in the system to give yourself an unfair advantage

Gameplay Settings:
    Length: 7 minutes
    Gameplay: Heisman
    Recruiting: All-American

Sliders:
    Slider HUM CPU
    QB Accuracy 15 15
    Pass Blocking 45 45
    WR Catching 40 40
    RB Ability 45 50
    Run Blocking 45 50
    Pass Coverage 25 20
    Pass Rush 40 30
    Interceptions 30 30
    Rush Defense 40 20
    Tackling 35 40
    FG Power 45 45
    FG Accuracy 40 40
    Punt Power 50 50
    Punt Accuracy 40 40
    Kickoff Power 40 40

Substitutions:
    Players should only be listed in the depth chart in their assigned position group (DL, LB, DB, OL) except in cases where a TE is listed as a backup FB or vice versa. When running a Flexbone offense, you may use an HB in the FB position, however, no HBs should be lined up as FB in I-Form, Wishbone, or similar formations. You must have two separate players for Punter & Kicker... kickers can punt and punters can kick, but they can't do double duty.

Package substitutions and formation substitutions are allowed*, however are not to be abused. You know yourself what abuse is... do not over use any one sub that is not realistic. If you feel that your opponent is abusing a particular substitution, pause the game and tell them your thoughts.

*Dual Halfbacks are only allowed in formations in which the HBs are similar distance from the LOS. Formations include but are not necessarily limited to ProForm, Wishbone, Flexbone, Power-T, & Shotgun 2 Backs.

Playbook:
    You may use any playbook, including Custom Playbooks. However, do not repeatedly use the same plays over and over, this means on both offense AND defense. They design 10 or so formations for each team for a reason. You may call the occasional audible, but whether on Offense or Defense, you may not continuously call one formation, then audible to a different formation to give you an advantage. An example would be in a Dime formation and then switching quickly to a 4-3 Defense.

Motioning Players on offense:
    You may motion your players across a formation, however you should not snap the ball while the player is in motion to gain an advantage, be it blocking or man coverage not allowing the DB to catch up to the WR.

4th Down:
    You are allowed to attempt to convert a 4th down only in the following circumstances:
    -Anytime you are inside your opponents 40 yard line
    -Anytime its 4th and 2 or less
    -Anytime in the last 2 minutes of the first half for either team
    -Anytime in the fourth quarter and you are losing by 10 points or more

Teams may make one fake punt attempt per game as long as they are past their own 35 yard line and it is 4th down and 10 or less. Teams MAY NOT run a fake punt unless they are across their own 35, no matter the distance. You may still go for it if the previous stated punting rules are not broken even if you are not past your 35 yard line, but you may not run a fake punt.

No-Huddle:
    With the addition of the true No-Huddle offense, you may use a continual no-huddle if you choose. However, when doing so, you must wait a moderate amount of time at the line of scrimmage. To help you gauge yourself, if you call an audible before snapping the ball everytime, that should give your opponent ample time; you can even audible to the same play. You may on rare occasion run a faster no-huddle but it should only be once a drive or so unless during a two-minute drill.

On Side Kicks:
    Only during the last 4 minutes of the game when losing or once per game as an attempt to catch your opponent off guard. If you are the return team, you can always audible to an onside recover using Square + L1.

QB Scrambling:
    The game does not provide sufficient coverage of a QB who just simply runs from the pocket after all DBs have sprinted away. To help this, you may only run your QB on a pass play if you are forced out of the backfield and only then with extreme restraint.

Game clock/Play clock:
    Towards the end of the half/game and a team just wants to run out the clock it is perfectly fine to do simple runs and/or kneels, but running down the clocks during each play during the entire game is not allowed as it can make for a boring and unrealistic game with mostly waiting.

Mercy Rule:
    When a team is leading by 28 or more points in the second half, that team is expected to turn on "Chew the Clock". This will run off some of the clock and speed the game along.

When a team is leading by 28 or more going into the fourth quarter, that team must rely solely on running plays on first and second down. Regardless of what formation the defense is in, you must run the ball on first and second downs. On third down, passing is permissable to allow you to get the first down, however we do not want to see long bombs on this play.

On the reverse side of this, if you are trailing by 28 or more in the 4th quarter, do not call timeouts just simply to get the ball back and add another touchdown. If you have the ball on offense and want to use good clock management, that is fine, however if the other team is attempting to be merciful, do not try to delay the inevitable just so that you can put up another score on the board.

Defensive Lineman:
    DLs may only be moved using the shifts provided by the game. You may not manually move a DL in any manner.
    Linebackers & Defensive Backs - You may move LBs & DBs in any manner that you wish; however moving players up towards the line as though blitzing should not be used as a tactic very often... you can do so, but only in moderation.

Gameplanning:
    All Gameplanning settings should remain on default through the normal course of the game. However, for minimal situations, changes to the Zone Coverage may be used as well as the Option Defense, though they should not be set on one and left that for the duration of the game. Additionally, Tempo may be changed to Conservative when you have a big lead late and are looking to run out the clock. However, it should not be used solely to frustrate your opponent when the game is not yet decided.

Pass/Run Commit:
    Run commit should not be used at all. Pass commit may be used in passing situations (3rd & long, your opponent passes every 1st down, etc.) but should not be used every down.

Redshirting Players:
    During the Preseason, you can only set Freshman and Sophomores to be redshirted. Juniors and Seniors should not be redshirted, even if they are buried on the depth chart.

Convincing Players to Return:
    During the Offseason, if you have a player that is 95OVR or better and is looking to go pro early, you cannot convince him to return. You must allow him to go pro.

Incoming Transfers:
    You may only accept three incoming transfers during each offseason. If more are interested in transferring in, you must select only three and decline any others.

Roster Size:
    Your roster should always have at least 65 players on the roster. During the offseason, at Player Cuts, you should not cut your roster below 65 players, even if that means keeping unwelcome walkons.

Weekly Deadlines:
    Week to week varies based on whether there are User vs User (UvU) games for the week. Weeks where there are no UvU games, the deadline will be three (3) days for games & recruiting to be completed. Weeks where there are UvU games, then there is a five (5) day deadline; however, once all UvU games are completed, it will fall back to three day deadline. Weeks with no games at all, only recruiting, will be a 24 hour period or however designated by the commissioner. If someone does not complete their weekly duties within the appropriate timeline, their game and/or recruiting will be simulated. Not completing your games and/or recruiting on time multiple times may be grounds for dismissal. Please provide timely information when you know you will not be able to complete your weekly duties.

Complaint System:
    If you feel your opponent is abusing the rules of the league, we ask that you first pause the game and tell your opponent that they are breaking the rules and explain to them how they are doing so. If they continue to break the rules through the remainder of the game, pause the game again and tell your opponent that you need to get a ruling from a commisioner. PM or text Tommy (gschwendt) for a ruling. Hopefully this is unnecessary but it is available if needed.

This league and dynasty has been long lasting only because of user input. If at any time you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, I certainly would like to hear them.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 07-27-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Did you forget the kicker/punter rule or not going with it?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Did you forget the kicker/punter rule or not going with it?
    It's there under Substitutions, I just forgot to bold it.

Is it anything goes against the CPU? Running up score, going for it on 4th down, blitz like crazy, etc?

Wasn't intending on playing like that anyway just asking though

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Is it anything goes against the CPU? Running up score, going for it on 4th down, blitz like crazy, etc?

Wasn't intending on playing like that anyway just asking though
    I wouldn't say anything goes... I'd say essentially the same way you play against a Human, you should play against the CPU. Obviously there's no way to really watch that but I think everyone here is trust-worthy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I wouldn't say anything goes... I'd say essentially the same way you play against a Human, you should play against the CPU. Obviously there's no way to really watch that but I think everyone here is trust-worthy enough.
    Agreed, I generally try to stick to the same type of gameplans but usually pass more against users.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I wouldn't say anything goes... I'd say essentially the same way you play against a Human, you should play against the CPU.
    That is exactly how I was going to play.

Just wanted to make sure. Thanks G

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Agreed, I generally try to stick to the same type of gameplans but usually pass more against users.
    Thanks for the scouting report!

Quote Originally Posted by bjrod9 View Post
    Thanks for the scouting report!
    I'm easy

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I'm easy
    Video of Snoop hitting the club

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Video of Snoop hitting the club
    not viewable from mobile device

Varsity
    Hangin at the *** Bars

Quote Originally Posted by HairyDawg View Post
    Hangin at the *** Bars
    They do that in Pennsylvania, at least the "easy" ones do
    Last edited by SCClassof93; 07-19-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    They do that in Pennsylvania, at least the "easy" ones do
    Ive always been told I was special

After a 1-1 start and recruiting in week 3 my team wanted a theme song. Based on week 1 I told them they could come out to this.

could the sliders use here do good on just a regular offline dynasty in terms of difficulty and game feel?

Recruit
    Sorry to jump on your forum guys but just wondering is anyone seeing any issues with QB acc using your sliders set, just asking because we are using the set and 1 or 2 guys say the QB ACC slider is to low, i don't see it but trying to get feed back, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker1170 View Post
    Sorry to jump on your forum guys but just wondering is anyone seeing any issues with QB acc using your sliders set, just asking because we are using the set and 1 or 2 guys say the QB ACC slider is to low, i don't see it but trying to get feed back, thanks.
    We are just getting started here in this one but overall I'd say the percentages are close to what you'd see in real life.

If the players in your OD or friends are trying to throw bullets for every pass they are going to see some wild throws for sure. Just a little hint on how to control things a little better. Also tell them to set their feet as well (let the CPU QB make the drop back) for instance.