Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your Impressions of NCAA Football 11

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    Let me just say,..that I hate all of you for at least another 13 or so hours
    You are no alone. We'll overcome this...

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post
    Yep, I'm here with you boys. Granted that was because I was too lazy/drunk to make the 20 minute drive one way to go pick up the game from the gamestop in the neighboring town. Gonna probably go get it sometime between the next 6-12 hours, whenever I finally get around to deciding to actually make the drive over there.

Recruit
    Wow, what can I say... PS2-style gameplay has finally come to the NextGen systems. I just played a friend online and man, what a back and forth game... I lost 24-17, but MAN.... the updated gameplay is amazing; the way you can keep a play alive by the sticks is awesome. I'm really at a loss of words... I can't believe EA finally got it right. Even after 1 game, I would rate it up there with the best of the PS2-era games.

Quote Originally Posted by BPHusker View Post
    Wow, what can I say... PS2-style gameplay has finally come to the NextGen systems. I just played a friend online and man, what a back and forth game... I lost 24-17, but MAN.... the updated gameplay is amazing; the way you can keep a play alive by the sticks is awesome. I'm really at a loss of words... I can't believe EA finally got it right. Even after 1 game, I would rate it up there with the best of the PS2-era games.
    YOU'RE SERIOUS ? You're really serious that even the ps2 version seems to bring something different to the table so to speak ?

is the game different in other ways ? looks or anything ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nothingface View Post

{Yep, I'm here with you boys }

I've only played one full game (killing myself to get rosters asap). It was the same matchup I play every year when I first get the game. ND @ PSU. I won 35-27 (8 min qtrs, AA default). Very, very enjoyable!

OK, back to editing.....

Hah, Miami at Syracuse is my traditional game way back since the ps1 days. It's sad cuz I play pretty terrible when breaking in a new game.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've only played one full game (killing myself to get rosters asap). It was the same matchup I play every year when I first get the game. ND @ PSU. I won 35-27 (8 min qtrs, AA default). Very, very enjoyable!

OK, back to editing.....

YOU'RE SERIOUS ? You're really serious that even the ps2 version seems to bring something different to the table so to speak ?

is the game different in other ways ? looks or anything ?
    I think he's saying that this game (on the current gen systems) is so good out of the box that it rivals even the best of the best PS2-era NCAA games.

Oh, oopsy

Let me just say,..that I hate all of you for at least another 13 or so hours
    Me too. I won't be able to play until tonight.

I guess the stat overlays only pop up every 100 rushing & receiving yards and 300 yards passing. CD guys, is there any way to ask the NCAA devs to decrease those yardage totals? ie. Pop up every 50 rush/receiving yard totals and every 150 yards passing? It would at least show them twice as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

I guess the stat overlays only pop up every 100 rushing & receiving yards and 300 yards passing. CD guys, is there any way to ask the NCAA devs to decrease those yardage totals? ie. Pop up every 50 rush/receiving yard totals and every 150 yards passing? It would at least show them twice as much.
    Add after every (User) Big Gain also.

Picked up the game this morning on my way in to work, won't be able to play until this evening but the 50 limit on formation subs actually does have a negative effect on me.

i will actually struggle to keep my subs under 50. I planned on using it to get different HBs, TEs, & WRs into all of my different formations as well as on special teams & some defensive adjustments as well. Gonna have to sort through & decide what I can get away with using packages & whatnot on offense as defense & special teams are my priority here.

Excited to be able to play the game & share some thoughts later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

We mentioned it back at community day. I suggested something like Madden where it shows the result, and then the total for the game after every play that they're involved in.

just picked it up at Wal-Mart(you get a $5 gift card along with NCAA 11 it seems) and just installed it to the hard drive. if anyone was wondering, it takes up 6.1 GBs

Played last night after midnight release and then just started up again right now. Playing on Heisman default and I'm impressed. Game feels balanced so far, not cheap/cheating like Heisman is years past.
    The CPU is AGGRESSIVE on defense, they blitz you like mad and it gets there quick. Really need to stay on top of the down and yardage to keep them off-balance.
    Had some sweet runs, options, and some long passes already.

Playing defense is tough in that having to get used to the locomotion when going after ballcarriers and how to stop the CPU passing game. If they get a sniff of success on the ground, they really attack it hard and keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Played last night after midnight release and then just started up again right now. Playing on Heisman default and I'm impressed. Game feels balanced so far, not cheap/cheating like Heisman is years past.
    The CPU is AGGRESSIVE on defense, they blitz you like mad and it gets there quick. Really need to stay on top of the down and yardage to keep them off-balance.
    Had some sweet runs, options, and some long passes already.

Playing defense is tough in that having to get used to the locomotion when going after ballcarriers and how to stop the CPU passing game. If they get a sniff of success on the ground, they really attack it hard and keep at it.
    For not playing much on Heisman, this was what I noticed most. The other was on many slant routes the defender was in front and ahead, so it was tough to complete unless you could accurately throw behind.

Other aspects:
    The CPU offensive-playcalling has been pretty good from what I've seen. No blatantly dumb playcalls and they'll surprise you at times. Much improved from years past so far.

The amount of dropped passes is great and they don't look forced like in years past in order to account for lowering robo-QB's percentage.....they are due to tight coverage or tough catches or strips. Seen a couple bad throws.

Definitely a big difference in playing an equal-rated team versus playing one that is a grade higher or so. The LOS play is noticeable in that I'm playing MINN and it is much easier to get defensive penetration than compared to an OSU for example.

Need to work on running strategy out of the gun still. Running the ball out of I or Ace is pretty easy, but out of the gun it'll get eaten up still so need to toy with setting it up better as forcing it won't work.

Also, I was playing with the right stick moves in practice mode and noticed that when auto-sprint kicks in, you can't do spins. I turned it back to manual sprint which gives you better flexibility downfield. I've been using the right stick plenty for leans and trucking to cover up, but not sold on it for spins yet.
    Last edited by AustinWolv; 07-13-2010 at 09:07 AM.

It's only 7:23am and i'm out of patience. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Other aspects:
    The CPU offensive-playcalling has been pretty good from what I've seen. No blatantly dumb playcalls and they'll surprise you at times. Much improved from years past so far.

The amount of dropped passes is great and they don't look forced like in years past in order to account for lowering robo-QB's percentage.....they are due to tight coverage or tough catches or strips. Seen a couple bad throws.

Definitely a big difference in playing an equal-rated team versus playing one that is a grade higher or so. The LOS play is noticeable in that I'm playing MINN and it is much easier to get defensive penetration than compared to an OSU for example.

Need to work on running strategy out of the gun still. Running the ball out of I or Ace is pretty easy, but out of the gun it'll get eaten up still so need to toy with setting it up better as forcing it won't work.

Also, I was playing with the right stick moves in practice mode and noticed that when auto-sprint kicks in, you can't do spins. I turned it back to manual sprint which gives you better flexibility downfield. I've been using the right stick plenty for leans and trucking to cover up, but not sold on it for spins yet.
    Yes! The CPU busted out with a draw on 3rd and 12 once ..... :eek:

I've never had to use my punter so much. I punted 6 times in a game already. The computer is also really good on 3rd down. It seems to be too good sometimes. The cpu still has that tendency of being able to throw accurately a millisecond before getting hit whereas I'll eat dirt or throw a duck in the same situation.