Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Gameplay - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Don't know if this is the right spot but...

Im watching the Texans game and wondering why there aren't stacked WR formations in any playbook

I'd like to see EA increase the difficulty again. All-American for NCAA and All-Pro in Madden have never been easier. They got too watered down and there were too many slider adjustments necessary to make them more difficult. I think adding a 5th difficulty in between AA and Heisman would be a good idea. Make Heisman stupid difficult for the elite but put in a good in between difficulty. Almost all the All-American slider sets on OS are to make the game harder as many are still afraid to jump to Heisman.

Not sure if this has been posted before but I'd really like to be able to flip a running play while I'm in a shotgun set like you can do while under center. You flip the play and the HB just moves to the other side of the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before but I'd really like to be able to flip a running play while I'm in a shotgun set like you can do while under center. You flip the play and the HB just moves to the other side of the QB.
    I agree.

That makes me think of procedure penalties. I think there should be the option to motion any player to either side of the ball, which opens the door to illegal formation penalties. One of the things that I think would really add to the game is including every penalty in the rulebook.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    That makes me think of procedure penalties. I think there should be the option to motion any player to either side of the ball, which opens the door to illegal formation penalties. One of the things that I think would really add to the game is including every penalty in the rulebook.
    However, on the flip side, that's a lot of code (to calculate the guys on the LoS, whether or not a formation is legal, where they are allowed to move, where they aren't, which players should automatically move up/back, which shouldn't, etc) for something that very, very few people would use. And, worse, a fair amount of people might use accidentally and not understand why they were just penalized.

For example, I'm pretty sure I haven't motioned a single player on NCAA 13. The formations I call don't have any usefulness in using motion, so I don't waste my time with it.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

i think that cpu controlled rb's look for contact too much. they need to focus on getting upfield more.

this vid was from my rtg. as soon as the rb clears the right tackle and tight end, he's a yard away from the endzone, yet makes a stupid decision and turns right into the cornerback.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/148537744

i mean, come on! the rb needs to get into the endzone, especially when there's that much open space. its just stupid that he chose to turn right into the on coming db.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i think that cpu controlled rb's look for contact too much. they need to focus on getting upfield more.

this vid was from my rtg. as soon as the rb clears the right tackle and tight end, he's a yard away from the endzone, yet makes a stupid decision and turns right into the cornerback.

i mean, come on! the rb needs to get into the endzone, especially when there's that much open space. its just stupid that he chose to turn right into the on coming db.
    Ugh. I saw crap like that in NCAA 11. It's probably been in there awhile this gen. EA needs to improve CPU logic a lot.

ya, its terrible rudy. this should be an easy touchdown.

That's the Troy Hambrick run to darkness move lol.

Anyone else ever notice how far away a defender can be juked out by an RB or WR. My EA files arent uploading so I can't pull up a clip, but I just gave up a 95+ yard run because by FS got juked out by the RB even though he was about 15 yards away and in pursuit from behind. The RB juked away from him, and he broke down like the RB was right in front of him, taking him out of position and gave up the big run.

There should be a window around the player that jukes only affect players within that window, and players pursuing behind should be less affected. Or something.

That has been a problem for years in both games.

Ball Carriers aren't as Dynamic as they need to be. You don't see the wow plays. They don't set up blocks or use special moves to avoid tackles. Like you said, they rely too heavily on looking for contact. It seems like ball carriers are programmed to be power backs. It seems like they have tunnel vision when running.

They either have to revamp BCV or allow BCV and AWR a ball carrier to see the field more and avoid tacklers

i've always been under the impression that ball carrier vision was a super sim rating that has zero affect on actual gameplay. correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought it was wisey, who said this back on utopia.

As far as I can recall (or find with Google) Wisey never said anything specific about BCV. It was others that suggested it wasn't used for gameplay.

Personally I'd be willing to believe it's one of those that affects the CPU runners but not HUM controlled.

i've always been under the impression that ball carrier vision was a super sim rating that has zero affect on actual gameplay. correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought it was wisey, who said this back on utopia.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    As far as I can recall (or find with Google) Wisey never said anything specific about BCV. It was others that suggested it wasn't used for gameplay.

Personally I'd be willing to believe it's one of those that affects the CPU runners but not HUM controlled.
    I dont want to say it has no effect, but it should have a MAJOR effect in the game next release. A low rated RB with high BCV should still be able to produce at a high rate and a talented RB with low BCV should only produce on defensive mishaps or missed tackles.

For Me, the biggest gameplay improvement is OL/DL Interaction:

Games are won and loss in the trenches. When the best way to get pressure/sacks on QBs is to engage and disengage OLs, then there is something wrong. You dont really see OLs get pushed back or manhandled by dominant DLs. It seems like OL animations are done as a group, not one on one battles. I say that because most of the big runs(excluding broken tackles) by both user and DL are when all the OL/TE(and WRs at time) are able to block their guys and get to the second level. Basically they block their guy, get to the second level and block those guys. All the RBs have to do is follow the blockers. I want to see double team blocks in passing plays. I want teams to recognize the dominant players and shift line to them. But, I dont want to still want to see players slide to stop a rusher in the nick of time.

Something else I want to see improved is Improved A.I:

I am talking CPU A.I in general. This is the biggest thing for me at all aspects of the game. I want to see A.I. Coaches and Players adjust to what has been going on in the game. I want to see CPU QBs shift the OL to certain sides if he keeps getting pressured and call audibles when they see same plays over and over. I want to see better playcalling or add a Play Calling grade to coaches. I want to see Defenses either shift toward the Line if they are getting dashed in running game or shift back if they are getting dashed in passing game. Better Blitz-Pickup by RBs and OL. I want to see better Playcalling on both sides. It seems like CPU calls plays based on what the User calls. I definitely want to see better Ball-Carrier Logic. I want BCV to have a bigger effect. Ball Carriers have tunnel vision. You dont see the "WOW" plays you see in real like. I want players to use their special moves.

Those are the main two things that I want to see that can really make a huge difference in the game in all aspects. Also things like improve running animations(broken tackles and running styles), improved kick/punt returns, improved coverage.

Edit:
    Something else I want to see improved is Audibles. I really dislike when I audible to a running play and the defense shifts up close to the line and when I switch back to a passing play they back up.
    Last edited by illwill10; 01-19-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by illwill10 View Post
    I dont want to say it has no effect, but it should have a MAJOR effect in the game next release. A low rated RB with high BCV should still be able to produce at a high rate and a talented RB with low BCV should only produce on defensive mishaps or missed tackles.
    Not sure I follow. What does missed tackles have to do with setting the hole?

Also, do you mean you think it should have a major effect on user controlled backs?

Not sure I follow. What does missed tackles have to do with setting the hole?

Also, do you mean you think it should have a major effect on user controlled backs?
    I should have worded it better. What I mean is low BCV RBs should only really produce when there are defensive breakdowns or produce when they are able to break a tackle and gain
    yards off of contact.
    I mean on CPU controlled Backs. Ratings like AWR and BCV, I dont expect to have an effect on User RBs since we are controlling them anyway.

Disagree, slightly, though this may just be a wording disagreement. Any back that can find the hole should be able to produce. It's more that low BCV backs are more likely to run the play as called and just go forward, while high BCV backs should have more patience, see cutback lanes and have generally more field vision.

Disagree, slightly, though this may just be a wording disagreement. Any back that can find the hole should be able to produce. It's more that low BCV backs are more likely to run the play as called and just go forward, while high BCV backs should have more patience, see cutback lanes and have generally more field vision.
    It is wording and me rushing. I wanted to edit it. Obviously any Rb should be able to produce if they are able to find the hole, I made it seem like only high BCV RBs should produce. But like you said high BCV RBs should be more patients, while low BCV backs might stutter step and loss yards at times

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'd like to see EA increase the difficulty again. All-American for NCAA and All-Pro in Madden have never been easier. They got too watered down and there were too many slider adjustments necessary to make them more difficult. I think adding a 5th difficulty in between AA and Heisman would be a good idea. Make Heisman stupid difficult for the elite but put in a good in between difficulty. Almost all the All-American slider sets on OS are to make the game harder as many are still afraid to jump to Heisman.
    The game has became easier in my book also. I would like for them to make it harder to beat the CPU.