Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Playing Heisman Challenge (relevant to gameplay because it's CPU clock logic), tie game, we're on offense with less than 70 seconds in the game. We've driven down to inside the opponents 20. Not only does my CPU coach call a timeout with 1:00 to go (as the CPU always does), but he then calls timeout immediately after a 3rd down play, with 56 seconds to go. The opposing defense is left with all three timeouts, in a situation where we should have at least been able to get them to call one, if not two, timeouts to save time for their offense. No real coach would call timeout, in that situation, with a 4th down coming and a full playclock left to run.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Playing Heisman Challenge (relevant to gameplay because it's CPU clock logic), tie game, we're on offense with less than 70 seconds in the game. We've driven down to inside the opponents 20. Not only does my CPU coach call a timeout with 1:00 to go (as the CPU always does), but he then calls timeout immediately after a 3rd down play, with 56 seconds to go. The opposing defense is left with all three timeouts, in a situation where we should have at least been able to get them to call one, if not two, timeouts to save time for their offense. No real coach would call timeout, in that situation, with a 4th down coming and a full playclock left to run.
    If it makes you feel any better, late game clock management and AI in Madden 13 is the worst I have seen in a long time and they never patched it. The logic is AWFUL this year and inexcusable imo. Nobody can justify the cpu bringing in 3 TEs to run a power run up the middle with two seconds left on the clock and 20 yards out (needing a TD).

Yeah, NCAA isn't much better. I assume it's shared code.

Yeah, NCAA isn't much better. I assume it's shared code.
    Somehow it got a lot worse in Madden 13. Made late game management in Madden 12 look like geniuses. Does the cpu actually try to score a TD at the end of a game in NCAA? If so, they didn't share the code. In Madden 13 with no time outs, the cpu will run draws and running plays instead of throwing the ball down the field in order to score.

Do LEs still dominate the sack department in NCAA? This is a problem still in Madden 13. LEs get sacks way too much compared to REs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Somehow it got a lot worse in Madden 13. Made late game management in Madden 12 look like geniuses. Does the cpu actually try to score a TD at the end of a game in NCAA? If so, they didn't share the code. In Madden 13 with no time outs, the cpu will run draws and running plays instead of throwing the ball down the field in order to score.
    I see plenty of draws from NCAA teams too, even with timeouts. Even in RTG/Heisman challenge, I see plenty of running calls late while driving to win. While Madden may be worse (I'll take your word for it), it's not by much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Do LEs still dominate the sack department in NCAA? This is a problem still in Madden 13. LEs get sacks way too much compared to REs.
    I had two very similar DEs on my Florida State team this year, and they were about even for the year, though there would be certain games where one of them would dominate or the other would.

Odrick destroyed Cam Wake on my team in sacks. Cam maybe had 6 sacks in my first year. Odrick was injured for 3-4 weeks and still ended up with around 14. He got 4 sacks in one game once. The LE just seems to get by the RT too easily. Maybe it's a ratings thing but it's lousy.

I will say when controlling my DEs I have a harder time getting past the LT no matter how much worse he is than my DE or the RT. I get past the RT just fine.
    Last edited by blkkrptnt819; 10-29-2012 at 03:55 PM.

DPP is a must have next year. i'd love to see a way for your on-the-field performances impact the ratings of your players. the way the game is right now, its impossible to feel the difference between a player on a major hotstreak and a player who's really struggling.

also, line interactions need to get a major focus sometime soon. line battles are not static engagements and are not a situation that always offer a clear winner/loser. this is one of the primary reasons as to why qb rollouts, bootlegs, outside runs from the gun, etc are all busted plays....there's zero line movement. this affects both the passing game and the running game.

MVP, this is going to sound awfully strange ... but try a game or two at default sliders on Varsity. See if you think there's more line play then. I may have been seeing things, but I sure thought so ...

MVP, this is going to sound awfully strange ... but try a game or two at default sliders on Varsity. See if you think there's more line play then. I may have been seeing things, but I sure thought so ...
    i'm seeing it a little bit, but its no where near where it should be. i see o-linemen pushing d-linemen back maybe 1-2 steps and thats it. other than that, linemen just engage each other and do nothing until the ball carrier has passed them by.

even if the change is purely cosmetic, i want to be seeing d-linemen trying to get off the blocks of the o-linemen; not just standing there with their arms on each others' shoulders. additionally, not every engagement is straight up either. IRL, speed rushers never try to match an o-tackle in a strength for strength shoving match; they try to beat the tackle by getting around them, not through them. this happens all of the time in the game. its frustrating beyond all belief. i'm not even through the first quarter yet, and after going into instant replay after every play to analyze it, i have to quit this game (even with a 21-0 lead as USC over georgia), as its making me mad.

whats the best way to go about having certain issues fixed, regarding blocking logic and defensive ai logic (in terms of who's covering who)? post pictures and then give an analysis of who should do what?
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 11-11-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    whats the best way to go about having certain issues fixed, regarding blocking logic and defensive ai logic (in terms of who's covering who)? post pictures and then give an analysis of who should do what?
    It's been done before. I'm not sure how to go about it now. I don't think it's a knowledge hurdle, but a technical one.

Now, one thing you mentioned is that you're talking about the ball carrier. There's more line play, than I expected, in the pass game. But I agree it's not there, pretty much at all, in the run game.

Hopefully they can fix how DB's react to the read option. It has been terrible for two years now.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Hopefully they can fix how DB's react to the read option. It has been terrible for two years now.

This must get fixed. Seeing it more and more lately. It's really frustrating to see a DB back peddling faster then the HB is running

Either that or running away from the ball carrier to the sideline.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    This must get fixed. Seeing it more and more lately. It's really frustrating to see a DB back peddling faster then the HB is running
    db's also dont react until the ball carrier has passed the line of scrimmage.

while the aggressive zone coverage bug bit me on this play, the even bigger facepalm is the playcall by my cpu controlled DC.

imo, an easy situation to set up that would solve a lot of problems would be: if there are 10 seconds left in the game, and if the losing team is more than 25 yards from the endzone, the winning team's defensive playcall is ALWAYS a prevent from the quarters defense. no more underneath zones or corners blitzing....just put 8 damn guys in the endzone. this just pisses me off

Since we don't have the ability to use Mass Subs in an Online game, I'd like to see a "Backups" package added to every formation. That would allow us to do Mass Subs without pausing (in a CPU game), or do it at all in an Online game.

How about on field goal attempts & extra point kicks, the camera view switches from behind the kicker to elevated behind the goal posts.
    Last edited by Longhornfan; 12-06-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    How about on field goal attempts & extra point kicks, the camera view switches from behind the kicker to elevated behind the goal posts.
    Interesting idea. Would make the angles more difficult on longer field goals, as long as the arrow stayed over the center and got smaller with the players. Basically, the longer the field goal, the more difficult it would become to see the arrow. In fact, they could use the fading numbers incorporation with the field goal arrow. Another idea would be to incorporate a short range/long range kick accuracy rating.

Might make kicking a field goal fun again.