Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    I posted this in the team builder thread, but thought that it might need to go in this thread. If posting in both is a no no, then please accept my apologies.

Here's one that shouldn't need to be on a wish list.

Allow two user controlled TB teams to actually play a bowl game. Seems logical, no?

I commish an OD of user controlled TB teams. Toward the end of NCAA 12 I tried to play in the Fiesta Bowl against another user. We never made it past the first offensive snap without getting disconnected. We tried everything from not using CPBs, swapping who does the invite, swapping who kicks off, etc.. Nothing worked. We eventually played a regular online matchup using our TB teams in order to settle who could claim the bowl game. Playing the game outside of the OD worked. Playing within the OD did not.

Now, in NCAA 13, we're playing this dynasty and two other user teams meet in the Sugar Bowl. They never got the game in, because they keep losing connection. Three nights and approximately 25 attempts later they give up and decide to sim the game.

This season, I am playing another user in the Orange Bowl. 5 or 6 attempts later, and we decided that this is just typical EA, and we'll have to figure out a work around. The beauty is that two more of our OD members are supposed to play in the NCG. My guess is that that game won't happen either.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    has anyone else ever come across a bug that basically swaps what control you have over whichever team in the depth chart?
    Just to be clear, you're talking about within the context of a game vs a CPU team, right? Not at the main OD menu or the website or anything like that.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Just to be clear, you're talking about within the context of a game vs a CPU team, right? Not at the main OD menu or the website or anything like that.
    yes. in the middle of a game, i lose control of my depth chart and can make changes to the cpu's team (like subbing in a DT to play the FS spot). exiting out of the depth chart and playing a few snaps, then going back into the depth chart occasionally fixes the bug and resets the user's control.

i havent played lately, but i'll continue to try and figure out exactly how to do it, then send it off to someone at ea (wish they posted here every once in a while) or have one of you CD guys do it.

When editing equipment, and you scroll away from the "Facemask" item, the label can change. I don't mean that it changes the Facemask for you, but it instead starts showing other equipment's label. For example, just now it changed to "Normal", and when I scrolled right I got "Elbow Pad White", which is the labels for Left/Right Elbow. But the facemask did accurately change to Speed Robot 2 (next item in the list) when the label changed to "Elbow Pad White".

In another example, earlier I returned to Facemask and found it displaying the "Standard/None" label used for Flak Jacket and Back Plate, among other things.

Looks like SuperSim (or just SuperSim Online) EDIT:acts like uses the "touchback to the 25" rule for punts as well as kickoffs, instead of only kickoffs.

EDIT: Apparently it just displays "25". In reality it uses the 20.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 11-19-2012 at 10:29 PM.

Every SuperSim Online game I've played has ended the first half with a 5 yard penalty against the offense. The latest one came with ~17 seconds left on the clock, but ran out the first half.

THE OPTION PLAY GLITCH! You're cutting up the outside and like every 1/3 times, a player is just standing there not moving and it gurantees a TD!
    Last edited by OSUCowboyofMD; 11-23-2012 at 01:21 AM.

so we've all had the aggressive zone coverage bug, where the cpu will change your zone coverage gameplanning setting to aggressive, but what about the cpu changing it to conservative?

i believe we had this issue before, but if you're an OC and watching the defense play against the cpu, there's a bug in which corners will run all the way to the other side of the field to cover their zone in the flats.
    Last edited by baseballplyrmvp; 11-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.

Every SuperSim Online game I've played has ended the first half with a 5 yard penalty against the offense. The latest one came with ~17 seconds left on the clock, but ran out the first half.
    And tonight, I had :27 left on the clock in the 4th quarter, with the ball on the 2 yard line. Called a play and suddenly the game was over. Also a 5 yard penalty.

I am experiencing a couple of problems. In gameplay when I send my CB on a blitz he hesitates once he gets past the OL. Let me clarify that this is not on PA and it happens continuously. In my offline dynasty the game is freezing going into halftime. It is also freezing during auto-save and during tuning updates after I have exited a game.

Check your disc and make sure it doesn't have scratches. Otherwise I might wonder if your HDD or Console is having problems.

My apologies if this has been discussed over and over...I haven't had a chance to go over the whole board. And maybe this is the wrong place for it (my apologies)...I would just like to add my two cents on something that really really really needs addressed by the development team. Dynasty scheduling: I'm in year 2016 of an on-line dynasty. My default schedule read like this.

Bye
    Home
    Away
    Home
    Home
    Home
    Home
    Home
    Away
    Bye
    Away
    Bye
    Away
    Away
    Away

What kind of programming logic is that? I attempted on the console to change a little bit of it. But then when I advanced via the on-line site, it defaulted back to this schedule. I'm sure others have seen that as well. Second time it has happened to me in this dynasty.

In itself, it isn't 'logic'. That's just a "random" schedule that happened to fall out like that. I agree it shouldn't happen though -- no one would ever have that schedule for real.

Did you make Custom Conference changes at any point? Just curious. It's interesting that you mentioned it's happened twice in your dynasty. We've seen the same thing in Powerhouse, where our schedule has repeated itself, though my team's schedule is not nearly so segmented between Home and Away. We made heavy Custom Conferences changes though, and I think that was a contributing factor to why our schedule has repeated.

It appears that the "Broadcast Camera" instant replays can change viewing angle between when they're saved and what's uploaded to the EASW or OD highlights. The viewing angle saved will not always be the replay uploaded.

It appears that the "Broadcast Camera" instant replays can change viewing angle between when they're saved and what's uploaded to the EASW or OD highlights. The viewing angle saved will not always be the replay uploaded.
    They had that same issue last year. Quite a few of my "Broadcast Camera" highlights on NCAA '12 got screwed up when I saved and uploaded them.

Yeah, they've had that one for a while. It might even be by design, honestly. I know I've posted it before.

Im having a problem in dynasty mode. When i play some user games the before the game it loads the game very slowly. It says transfer progress, idk what that means but it take like 2 or 3 mins to load game. when i play a ranked match online it usually if never does that.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellM9 View Post
    Im having a problem in dynasty mode. When i play some user games the before the game it loads the game very slowly. It says transfer progress, idk what that means but it take like 2 or 3 mins to load game. when i play a ranked match online it usually if never does that.
    You or your opponent is using uniforms downloaded from the uniform store. If, for example, you use a downloaded uniform but your opponent does't have it, you have to transfer it to them so that it will show up for them.

Taken from impressions thread:

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Final rankings at the end of the season

Yay Florida! You're the national champs!!!! You did it!!!

Except.........

This is the score of the BCS National Championship Game:

How do you win the championship by LOSING the championship game?!?!

of epic proportions! way to go cpu controlled defense! this was taken the instant the ball was snapped