Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs & Glitches - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    I've noticed this year that sideline catches seem a little easier than they used to be. Especially when I was playing the demo (and couldn't review the Instant Replay) I wondered if the sideline wasn't being properly recognized.

Well, this was a catch, and not reviewed:

I have more of a problem with the fact that it wasn't even reviewed than I do with the fact that it was ruled a catch.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I've noticed this year that sideline catches seem a little easier than they used to be. Especially when I was playing the demo (and couldn't review the Instant Replay) I wondered if the sideline wasn't being properly recognized.

Well, this was a catch, and not reviewed:

I have more of a problem with the fact that it wasn't even reviewed than I do with the fact that it was ruled a catch.
    And let me guess, you couldn't challenge it either? I've wanted to challenge more then a few calls and weren't allowed even though I never hit pause-->instant replay.

It was an OD User/User game, so I didn't bother trying. Honestly couldn't remember if challenges were possible in User/User games.

When user results are uploaded to the Dynasty Wire, the Scoring Summary is not displayed accurately:
    Code:
    	1st	2nd	3rd	4th
    ISU	7	0	7	0	14
    Texas	7	21	21	7	56

First Quarter
    3:44	TD ISU: J Woody, 8 yd run

Third Quarter
    5:29	TD ISU: S. Jantz, 1 yd run

Fist Quarter
    5:04 TD Texas: M. Goodwin, 18 Yd pass

Second Quarter
    6:37 TD Texas: M. Brown, 3 yd pass from D. Ash
    As shown above, one team displays their entire scoring summary, then the second team is displayed. It does not always follow Away/Home order. CPU games are not affected by this issue.

Not sure what's going on here, but when I glance at the Highlights screen, it appears that some of my drives are being split.
    After seeing it more, I can now say that what's happening is that the first place is split from every drive, regardless of how the drive started. The first play is its own drive, and is not used in any drive-based stats later on.

Major issue with my offline dynasty:

Post-season following my Year 4; after cutting my players and trying to advance to the next phase (custom conferences), CPU freezes on "Vanderbilt" roughly 20 teams into the CPU cut process. Interestingly, the scrolling text in the background ticker continues to run.

I've saved and resaved the file a few times and it always freezes at the same place. Any ideas?

Can you create another coach at that point and take over Vanderbilt? I'm wondering if there's some oddity with them that the simulation can't handle.

If there's nothing odd about Vandy, try the team that's after them alphabetically as well.

No luck...but I did notice the game also froze when I tried to access audibles from this point...I'll do some more testing and note any other 'freeze points' here...

I've noticed that many teams in my Dynasty no longer have all three coaches, including Vanderbilt. Could that be creating the issue? There are annual retirements but that would have impacted the prior years as well, I'd think?

By that point in the dynasty, I would think you would have gone through the carousel and all coaches would be assigned. Unless new coaches are generated at some point? Either way, if it's "many" teams, then the freeze wouldn't be limited to just Vandy.

By that point in the dynasty, I would think you would have gone through the carousel and all coaches would be assigned. Unless new coaches are generated at some point? Either way, if it's "many" teams, then the freeze wouldn't be limited to just Vandy.
    New coaches are generated as others retire.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    New coaches are generated as others retire.
    Yeah, I meant "some other point". Meaning not during the CC stage of the offseason. I would presume they'd be generated then, but if he's not seeing three coaches assigned, I thought it was possible that new coaches had yet to be generated.

Agree that "retired" coaches appeared to have been replaced by new coaches in the early part of the post-season (Coaching Carousel). I check this each year; there are maybe 4-5 each year and they are all replaced. Of course, those replacements come from "somewhere", either from other teams or through some sort of auto-generation.

Retirement, I imagine, is permanent, meaning that following all of the shuffling there would be an equal number of coaches that would have to be (a) auto-generated or (b) be left as vacancies. I'm concerned that one of the two of the following happened:

(A) the auto-generated coaches that would appear to have filled the vacancies under Coaching Carousel in fact did not carry over further into the post-season, leaving blanks that leave me unable to advance the game

(B) Auto-generation of coaches does not happen, and the game could not accomodate the vacancies.

Anyone else have any other input?

After a walk-off field goal (i.e. FG to win the game with no time remaining):
    Brad: "He got it! They win!"
    Brad: "And they take the lead ..."
    Kirk: Something about kickers being head cases.

On the Dynasty Wire, you can view the "Top Classes" for your dynasty within the Recruiting page. I'm switching between the "All Conferences" (i.e. All Teams) view and the view specific for my conference, the SEC, and consistently getting different results. "All Conferences" has looked right every time, but the SEC is getting different numbers more often than not. The numbers that are wrong are both the team overall rank and the individual , , etc numbers. It's very strange.

I added a player in the Pre-Season to my Recruiting Board that had "Open" spots in his Top 10.

After advancing to Week 1, I was 8th on his board. This was denoted by the Interest column (with an 8th and ^) and on his "Top Schools" screen.
    After re-arranging my board to put all players in different slots, the Interest column now said "N/A ^", and I was no longer listed on the "Top Schools" screen.
    Well, this isn't just limited to "new" players. I'd been on one player's board for three weeks (added him in Week 7 or Week 8, it's now Week 10), but when I moved him up my board, it changed to N/A.

Curiously, it first changed to "^N/A" when I moved him, but when I went to More Info, I was still shown in his Top Schools list. Upon leaving the Recruiting area and returning, I was removed from the list, and the school below me was now in my position.

I won the Liberty Bowl against Louisville and then lost prestige because even though I won the game, the coaches screen said I lost to a lower ranked team. ???

I just did a simulated season and my coach failed the "beat a rival opponent each season" goal (in Year 1) despite the fact that he went 2-1 vs Rivals in Year 1.

I've had a weird graphics glitch occur in two different games-- basically, the animations for one position become very choppy every play, and the player moves much slower. As soon as the play ends, the player freezes in place (for example, the running back is partially suspended in midair at the time of the tackle, rather than falling to the ground), as if it had no momentum whatsoever. Even if the player is replaced by a backup, it still affects the position.

The first time I noticed it, I was playing an exhibition game as Cal against Maryland, and it happened to the Maryland starting RB. He later got knocked out of the game with an injury, and the same problem occurred with his backup.

This morning, it happened to me again, playing as Mississippi State in an offline dynasty against MTSU. I first noticed it with one of my safeties- and because he was moving much more slowly, it had major implications for my defense. The problem remained after I subbed in his replacement on the depth chart. I also noticed a similar problem with my center, starting in the second half, and it affected the timing of the handoffs on a couple of running plays (one of them was the double Iso out of wishbone)-- effectively, because the QB/ center exchange wasn't occurring fluidly, the RB was out of position by the time that the QB was looking to hand it off, leaving the QB standing there with no one to hand off to.

Following a FG Return for TD, both my defense, and my opponent's offense, had the second-stringers on the field on the first play of the next series. Actually, it wasn't totally the second stringers, because the offense had the starting C (who is also the LS). So I think what happened was that the FG team was maintained for the next play. On second down both teams reset.

has anyone else ever come across a bug that basically swaps what control you have over whichever team in the depth chart? i had this the other day in this site's 360 od, where i went into the depth chart to make some personnel changes, and when i tried to swap out a player on MY team, it said that "i was unable to make changes to the opposing team".......(dont remember the exact text). being curious, i switched teams to view the cpu's depth chart, and i was able to make any change i wanted to (i resisted temptation though).

i've come across this bug a couple of times, but have been unable to intentionally reproduce it; so i dont know as to what is causing this, nor how to set it up. just thought i would throw it out there as a potential cheat.