Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Online) Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, & Story Builder - NCAA 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Keep Academic Prestige as a pitch but make it so that Academics is a filterable trait like star rating, weight, location, etc. (eliminate it being a pitch that you have to find interest in and just give that info or put their GPA in with their other measurables like 40, BP, Squat, etc.) That way, if you have high academic prestige, you have to recruit the smart kids or risk it lowering.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Keep Academic Prestige as a pitch but make it so that Academics is a filterable trait like star rating, weight, location, etc. (eliminate it being a pitch that you have to find interest in and just give that info or put their GPA in with their other measurables like 40, BP, Squat, etc.) That way, if you have high academic prestige, you have to recruit the smart kids or risk it lowering.
    This. Also, I'd put a 4-star prestige ceiling on nonBCS programs. No team could become a 5 and 6-star prestige program unless they join a BCS conference. I also think they should somehow tie this into TV exposure, and have a recruiting pitch for it: A+ for BCS. D- for nonBCS. Yes, it makes that much of a difference.

And...

The 127/128 total tackle number being reset (discussion in Dynasty Issues thread) made me think of NCAA/Team records that should be added. Basically, if there's a stat for it, there's a record for it. Add it.

List_of_NCAA_football_records
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 07-18-2012 at 09:41 PM.

I'd like to see Dynasty Wire have an archive, historically aspect.

1 - A Champions section that lists all of the past National Champions. Would love to see a list of conference champions but I'll take baby steps.

2 - List of past Heisman winners. Once again would love to see all award winners but.....

3 - A coaches career path and records at those schools.

4 - Historical records against other users.

5 - Number of All-Americans and All Conference players that a coach has had. Listing them all out would be a little much but a number would be great. Maybe split out to the different schools that user has coached.

6 - NCAA record breakers and the user that had them, if a user had them.

I'd like to see all of that in Dynasty. Then we can worry about getting it added to the Dynasty Wire

I think an auto-generated Dynasty Wire story that reviews offseason events like Recruiting (Top Classes?) would be very nice. On NCAA 11 (not sure about 13), there was practically no activity on Dynasty Wire during the offseason, and you don't have the ability of going back and reviewing information from previous weeks.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I'd like to see Dynasty Wire have an archive, historically aspect.

5 - Number of All-Americans and All Conference players that a coach has had. Listing them all out would be a little much but a number would be great. Maybe split out to the different schools that user has coached.
    If you check the info in the coaching section of dynasties, you CAN see the number of award winners and All-Americans a coach has coached.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'd like to see all of that in Dynasty. Then we can worry about getting it added to the Dynasty Wire

I think an auto-generated Dynasty Wire story that reviews offseason events like Recruiting (Top Classes?) would be very nice. On NCAA 11 (not sure about 13), there was practically no activity on Dynasty Wire during the offseason, and you don't have the ability of going back and reviewing information from previous weeks.
    Dynasty and the console is so 2011. This is '13, it's all about the web

I'd like to see an auto generated weekly story with more than just scores.

If you check the info in the coaching section of dynasties, you CAN see the number of award winners and All-Americans a coach has coached.
    On the web?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    On the web?
    I don't know about the web but it's definitely on the console because I've looked at it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    Okay, I'll concede the whole OVR being visible since they'll probably never change that aspect, but here's what I think they could do with scouting.

1) Show the following combine results in recruit searches, which are already unlocked for scouting (i.e. don't need to scout):

COMBINE RESULTS
    NAME POSITION 40 Yard Dash (Speed w/ Acc) 20 Yard Shuttle (Acceleration) 3 Cone Drill (Agility) Vertical (Jump) Broad Jump (Explosiveness) Bench Press (Strength) Squat Press (Leg Drive) 60 Yard Shuttle (Stamina) GPA (Discipline*) Aptitude Test (X's and O's**)
    Attribute Ballcarrying " " Spin, Juke Hurdle Truck, Dive Stiff Arm Break Tackle " " "
    " Receiving " " Route Running Leaping Catch Diving Catch Release " " "
    " Blocking " " Blocking Footwork Impact Block Pass Block Strength Run Block Strength " " "
    " Defense " " Finesse Move, Strafe, Backpedal Leaping Swat Hit Power, Diving Tackle Block Shedding, Power Move Press Cover, Bullrush " " "
    * Discipline rating determines the penalty propensity of a player
    ** X's and O's rating determines how much of the playbook they know

2) The player has a projected OVR based upon his combine results. Then, depending on the player's position, you scout them unlocking their position-specific attributes, and their OVR fluctuates up or down.

Very similar to what exists, except the combine numbers are already revealed. However, the combine numbers (like the game used to do) could fluctuate over the season as the prospects will attend summer camps, retake tests, make better grades, etc.

Look at it this way: the skills in the chart above are scouted for you through a combine. The position-specific skills would be you (as coach) "watching" game film or what have you.
    Okay, I'm still annoyed that the OVR is visible. How bout dis? Give us an on/off option to toggle OVR being visible or hidden.

When an upload of highlights from an Online Dynasty game fails, the game should give us the option to retry. Otherwise you will find yourself forced to upload them to EASW, and use up the limited slots there.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    Okay, I'm still annoyed that the OVR is visible. How bout dis? Give us an on/off option to toggle OVR being visible or hidden.
    I'm pretty sure you've finished at least one season, so you probably already know the answer to this ... but I'm still not totally convinced that the OVR we see is accurate. At no point in our scouting do we see the player's Awareness. That's a huge component of OVR (or at least has been historically), so I'm curious to see what happens when these guys hit the field.

I'm pretty sure you've finished at least one season, so you probably already know the answer to this ... but I'm still not totally convinced that the OVR we see is accurate. At no point in our scouting do we see the player's Awareness. That's a huge component of OVR (or at least has been historically), so I'm curious to see what happens when these guys hit the field.
    Hmm. I haven't noticed if the OVR is different upon position changes since I always skip over "signing day" and don't see the OVRs as a reminder.

I would like to see the game intros on user vs user games as well a game updates of user vs user games

I would like to have high school all American games like the under armour and army all American games,which you have the choice to play on whichever team you choose, to see how well your recruits can play because they're going to become the future faces of your dynasty. Also there should be events like the elite 11 throughout the country, the Nike opening, gridiron kings, and combines to check out how well these recruits fair. You should also have the ability to visit a high school players game and play as the team. In the dynasty mode there should be spring games, offseason practices, and in-season practices.

Cash,
    In real life the All-American games take place a month or so before NSD. In the game's timeline, it would take place prior to Week 1 of off-season recruiting. Since the vast majority of in-game recruits are signed before the end of the season, what's the benefit of seeing the prospects after you've already signed them? I can see the Elite 11 and other pre-season camps being beneficial, but not the AA games.

Cash,
    In real life the All-American games take place a month or so before NSD. In the game's timeline, it would take place prior to Week 1 of off-season recruiting. Since the vast majority of in-game recruits are signed before the end of the season, what's the benefit of seeing the prospects after you've already signed them? I can see the Elite 11 and other pre-season camps being beneficial, but not the AA games.
    I think the AA games should be used for RTG mode instead of dynasty.

I thought that the games took place before the end of the bowl season?

I'm not against any of that HS stuff being added but I'm definitely not for it. I just don't see the practical advantage of playing a game with everyone's players when I can just go to practice mode to see that my FR WR is fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash21 View Post
    I thought that the games took place before the end of the bowl season?
    The Army game was like ... the day before the NC game this year. So the vast majority of the bowls are done.

And whether it's Bowl Week or Week 1 of the offseason, that's still about the same in terms of recruits being signed to their teams by then. There are just too many recruits signed for me to understand the value-add.
    I can just go to practice mode to see that my FR WR is fast.
    Bingo.

it'd be nice if there was an option under team info/coach philosophy or something, in which you could set your offense to automatically run in a no-huddle. this way, you wouldnt always have to press :360Y:/ps3 equivelant after every play.