Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Commentary, In-game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    absolute must have......is the ability to swivel the coach cam left or right, presnap.
    Yes!

x
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 11-03-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

+8?

Better?

how bout replacing erin andrews with samantha steele?

I asked for that the day EA left for Fox

The best thing Samantha Steele brings to the job: she does her homework.

This is what's probably going to happen since EA moved to Fox (and started wearing big ass glasses and ugly fucking outfits so she can be taken "seriously.").
    Last edited by souljahbill; 11-09-2012 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    This is what's probably going to happen since EA moved to Fox (and started wearing big ass glasses and ugly fucking outfits so she can be taken "seriously.").
    Isn't helping

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Isn't helping
    I know. I took her more seriously when she was the hot piece of tail on the sideline and the hosting the pre-College Gameday show. On Fox, she just looks awkward and unnatural.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I asked for that the day EA left for Fox

The best thing Samantha Steele brings to the job: she does her homework.
    Are you kidding?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Are you kidding?
    Assuming you're responding to the "homework" comment, no. While I haven't caught any of her games this year, last year I was extremely impressed by the information she passed on from the sidelines, and thought it was much better than most of the other sideline reporters ESPN has.

Assuming you're responding to the "homework" comment, no. While I haven't caught any of her games this year, last year I was extremely impressed by the information she passed on from the sidelines, and thought it was much better than most of the other sideline reporters ESPN has.
    It's still not her best asset, no matter how good her information is.

or should it be +2?

Lol. Nicely done.

Though, seriously, it was so refreshing to see a "hot blonde" sideline reporter that was thorough in doing her job that, yes, I actually consider it her best ... feature ...

when viewing highlights from your game, you have the option to watch a certain play from the various camera angles......they need an additional one, like a blimp cam or something similar. this would really help in identifying problems that certain players on the field are having. pretty much, it'd function exactly like the "wire" camera angle, just be way further back and higher up off of the ground.

it'd also be cool if we could save highlights from any point within the stadium (camera wont move once play has started). additionally, it'd be nice if we could choose an option to focus on a certain player in the replays, instead of just always following the ball.

Yeah, but Brad and Kirk's emotions in-game don't compare to real-life either. If you listen to Madden the last two years, Gus, the video game version, was a shell of himself. Gus's real-life play-by-play relies on the emotion of the moment. You can't replicate that in a game system without an overly complicated audio system with the most extensive library ever.

In real life, the home field advantage is not nearly what we fans think it is. Nor is it for the reasons we think it is. But, as a fan, I agree that there is a big difference between watching/playing @LSU versus @Eastern Michigan. The team said there were going to be strides in that direction this year, but personally I haven't seen (heard) it. I agree that it's something that needs changed.
    You probably won't be able to replicate the true emotion of the moment from the announcers (I wish they could take real in game audio and add it) like you can in real life, but if the crowd were on point it would boost the emotional value of what they do have. More importantly, no matter how good the audio is, if the crowd noise ISN'T up to par it's going to take away from the moment.

As for the home field advantage, there are 3 things that really play into home field in college. The first is the play on the anxiety of the road team, especially younger players that haven't been in the atmosphere very much. Some kids respond and others can crumble under the added pressure but there's no way to replicate this in game without adding importance to the awareness rating and making it more prevalent for assignments in road games and in big situations. The second is the play on the emotion and adrenaline of the home team players, also tough to replicate. But the third and only thing that you CAN easily replicate is a split second of advantage for the defensive line, where they are watching the ball and the offensive line is reactive due to the fact that they cannot hear when the crowd is going crazy.

THIS is where the difference of HFA and Top 20 stadiums should be felt. In games that are even remotely close or have the home team in the lead at all times should have Aggressive D-line for the home team always on, specifically on 3rd down. This, along with low awareness players making mistakes on the road in these situations would replicate HFA well IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    You probably won't be able to replicate the true emotion of the moment from the announcers (I wish they could take real in game audio and add it) like you can in real life, but if the crowd were on point it would boost the emotional value of what they do have. More importantly, no matter how good the audio is, if the crowd noise ISN'T up to par it's going to take away from the moment.
    Agreed, but no video game will ever replicate emotion like this:
    It's just not possible to have a dynamic enough library to pull that off, unless you can have enough audio to replicate multiple emotions for every word/phrase/situation. Very tough.