Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom Playbooks - NCAA Football 14 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    It appears to me that Custom Playbooks don't quite handle linked plays properly. I have one playbook where the plays are set like this:

In another playbook, the same formation, the plays are organized like this:

On the first playbook, when the Read Option is successful I then get a "Setup Play!" dialog for PA Read. Makes sense. On the second playbook, I get the "Setup Play!" dialog for HB Slip Screen. Makes no sense.

It's like the "Setup Play!" works with the play directly to the right, not an actual linked play.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 12-11-2012 at 09:17 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'd love to see way more trick plays in the game. Reverses, double reverses, reverse passes, hook and ladder, fumblerooski, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsOfTheNorth View Post
    fumblerooski
    Illegal.

Otherwise, yes.

The play at 1:34, We need that

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    It appears to me that Custom Playbooks don't quite handle linked plays properly. I have one playbook where the plays are set like this:

In another playbook, the same formation, the plays are organized like this:

On the first playbook, when the Read Option is successful I then get a "Setup Play!" dialog for PA Read. Makes sense. On the second playbook, I get the "Setup Play!" dialog for HB Slip Screen. Makes no sense.

It's like the "Setup Play!" works with the play directly to the right, not an actual linked play.
    Jeff, have you done any other research on this bug? Will the linked play always work if they are next to each other? How about if I have multiple PA passes that could be linked to the same run: will both passes show as "Setup"?

Duncan, I have a fair amount of linked plays in my book. In all cases where I have a base play in the middle and linked play on the right, it works fine. I want to say that I have seen plays link even when they're not next to each other, like Escobar described in the other thread, but I'm not so sure if I've seen that more than once.

I'm not aware of any situation where multiple PA can link to a single base, even with default playbooks. So I've not yet looked into that.

Go Bucks!

Isn't really about CPB, but there's not a better place to put Formation Subs things ...

I'd really like the "Reset Formation" to return to formation subs. As it stands now, you can only reset the entire playbook. There's also no way to undo changes, so if I change one player for one game, I either have to live with that sub for the rest of the season, change it to another player (and have him be permanently in that position, and won't swap due to packages or anything), or reset all of my changes, including ones I've probably forgotten by now.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Isn't really about CPB, but there's not a better place to put Formation Subs things ...

I'd really like the "Reset Formation" to return to formation subs. As it stands now, you can only reset the entire playbook. There's also no way to undo changes, so if I change one player for one game, I either have to live with that sub for the rest of the season, change it to another player (and have him be permanently in that position, and won't swap due to packages or anything), or reset all of my changes, including ones I've probably forgotten by now.

More running and passing plays for the fullback!