Thread: Create-A-Player, Edit Player, and Recruiting Filters

• Facebook
  • Display

Create-A-Player, Edit Player, and Recruiting Filters

I want to be able to either enter my measurables and see the attribute ratings fluctuate, or enter the attribute rating and see the measurables fluctuate. Either way, I want to see my combine numbers so I can adjust the ratings accordingly. Whether it be me creating myself as accurate as I can, or editing rosters of my favorite school to reflect some authenticity to them.

Also, I believe the attributes listed in the chart below are universal. Example: A player who has high agility (fast 3 Cone Drill), would be good with Dropbacks, Spin, Juke, Route Running, Blocking Footwork, Strafe, Backpedal, and Finesse Move all the same, regardless of the position he plays. Where he differentiates is position specific skill. He may be able to dropback quickly, but he's a horrible passer, or has no ballcarrier vision, or can't catch, or block, etc. You get the idea.

UNIVERSAL ATTRIBUTES
    MEASURABLES ATTRIBUTES BALLCARRYING RECEIVING BLOCKING DEFENSE
    40 Yard Dash Speed w/ Acceleration
    20 Yard Shuttle Acceleration
    3 Cone Drill Agility Dropback, Spin, Juke Route Running Blocking Footwork Strafe, Backpedal, Finesse Move
    Vertical Jumping Hurdle Leaping Catch Range Leaping Swat Range
    Broad Jump Explosiveness Trucking, Diving Diving Catch Range Impact Block Hit Power, Diving Tackle Range
    Bench Press Upper Body Strength Stiff Arm Release Pass Blocking Block Shedding, Power Move
    Squat Lower Body Strength Break Tackle Run Blocking Bullrush, Press Cover
    60 Yard Shuttle Stamina
    GPA Discipline (Penalty Propensity)
    Aptitude Test Playbook Knowledge
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 07-08-2012 at 02:19 PM.

TIMB0B, could you clarify your idea here? Are you just talking about bringing back using drills to set your attributes? Or are you talking about using actual combine results to create a player? I've done the latter.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    TIMB0B, could you clarify your idea here? Are you just talking about bringing back using drills to set your attributes? Or are you talking about using actual combine results to create a player? I've done the latter.
    The latter.

I never explained "recruiting filters." The first column in the chart, "measurables," is what is at your disposal when recruiting. Then, depending on the position of the player, his position specific attribute grades will be shown as well when you select the player. However, the "measurables" list is what you could sort each position group to filter your searches for specific players. For example, I'm looking for a FB with great Impact Block ability, I filter the search by sorting the players high-to-low by toggling the Broad Jump measurable.