Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate's NCAA Football 13 Retail Release Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    Nah, it shouldn't be. If I'm better than you, & I know it, I should blow you out every time. .

I know you didn't mean this the way I'm reading it I hope, because of you are you need to watch more football on Saturday's because it happens often.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    I know you didn't mean this the way I'm reading it I hope, because of you are you need to watch more football on Saturday's because it happens often.
    It's not because the safety inexplicably decides he's not going to drop and/or because a QB is able to throw it literally through a defender's head and into his receiver's arms. It's because of good play calling, execution, and winning the turnover battle. It happens on the game from pure bullshit...that's the problem.

Kwizzy & I just played a Heisman game online... there were still some boneheaded things happen but overall it seemed better than AA. I haven't gone back to watch the game tape to see if there are any examples of awful zones but overall it felt somewhat better.

never ever base/compare a video game to real life in any way.

things happen in life based on logical and illogical decisions
    Things happen in NCAA 13 based on a number missing or being in the wrong place in a code or being put there purposely whether you like it or not.

and I just sneaked a peak at psusnoop's google page

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Kwizzy & I just played a Heisman game online... there were still some boneheaded things happen but overall it seemed better than AA. I haven't gone back to watch the game tape to see if there are any examples of awful zones but overall it felt somewhat better.
    if you want, can you play ranked play now-online games on Heisman ?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post

Things happen in NCAA 13 based on a number missing or being in the wrong place in a code or being put there purposely whether you like it or not.

Lol that's funny.

No I know IOU just the way stick said it like I said it sounded so wrong

I truly have no idea what your argument is. Are you trying to say that because people sometimes blow coverages in real life that you want the safeties on the game to blatantly mess up and give up long touchdowns? I surely hope not.

What is Importance?

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I truly have no idea what your argument is. Are you trying to say that because people sometimes blow coverages in real life that you want the safeties on the game to blatantly mess up and give up long touchdowns? I surely hope not.
    A. I was referring to what snoop said

B. its not an argument. Its a statement... " dont compare a video game to real life".. it means what it says

C. how do you know the safeties are messing up ? Its possible that's the extent of the logic they intend to put in there and thats all you are going to get.

They intended for the safeties to sit there in the middle of the field doing nothing?

I don't think.

They intended for the safeties to sit there in the middle of the field doing nothing?

I don't think.

sure,why not ? where is your indication otherwise ?

You complain about the same stuff every year,.. it never changes. It just alters in one direction or another with the same results = dont make it to hard for the mass audience.

look at your statement .. They intended for the safeties to sit there in the middle of the field doing nothing? ..

you are using football terms and logic. You are assuming they are basing it on your understanding of the game ?

No, their job is to try to represent football the best they can without it being too hard. They may well be accomplishing that while you mistake it for screwing up.

I don't think.
    Really if they just react faster to the offensive player in their area it will be better IMO. I don't see that part being a huge issue to fix.

The zones are going to take some work and then you have the defenders running across the field going to someone they shouldn't leaving someone wide open. Those two are going to take some leg work to work out IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    No, I totally get it in that respect. Football on the field is different from the virtual gridiron, which I'm sure you know. I was just saying that in the sense of this game, there's too many handicaps that keeps less skilled players in the game, when I should win easily. NCAA 08 & PS2 10 were great at limiting fluke things. More than often, the better skilled players won. Not saying there shouldn't be upsets, but I shouldn't lose off fluke things either. Example. I won on a hail mary yesterday, & threw at
    hree defenders, caught with one hand & scored. Wasn't even happy.

I don't understand this comment at all. Every sports game should try and emulate real life. What else should they be doing?

Man, I gotta admit I'm really having a good time with the game so far. My opinion started out negative but after 6 games my opinion has changed. Playing with a really bad team (C- on offense and D+ on Defense) against good teams has been fun. I seem to be getting good games. Right now I'm 2-4 which makes me very happy. I haven't felt cheated and I haven't been able to take advantage of any CPU issues b/c my players are so bad. . I should also say that I don't call 4 verticals. That play is just not allowed.

Jesus Christ ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Man, I gotta admit I'm really having a good time with the game so far. My opinion started out negative but after 6 games my opinion has changed. Playing with a really bad team (C- on offense and D+ on Defense) against good teams has been fun. I seem to be getting good games. Right now I'm 2-4 which makes me very happy. I haven't felt cheated and I haven't been able to take advantage of any CPU issues b/c my players are so bad. . I should also say that I don't call 4 verticals. That play is just not allowed.
    Yeah I must admit I feel the same way. As of today I am really enjoying this game. I am looking past a few issues but honestly, with zero slider tweaks thus far, I aM having some awesome games. I find this game is the most fun when you play with weak/avg teams. Dropped passes, blown coverages, fumbles, etc. Honestly, I'm am no EA apologist but I think people are being a littlle to harsh to the Tiburon team. NCAA 12.5 is more fun than NCAA 12.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yeah I must admit I feel the same way. As of today I am really enjoying this game. I am looking past a few issues but honestly, with zero slider tweaks thus far, I aM having some awesome games. I find this game is the most fun when you play with weak/avg teams. Dropped passes, blown coverages, fumbles, etc. Honestly, I'm am no EA apologist but I think people are being a littlle to harsh to the Tiburon team. NCAA 12.5 is more fun than NCAA 12.
    I agree, it's a fun game. Besides the atrocious zones and almost no pass rush whatsoever on default sliders, I was still having a fun time last night playing as Colorado State against Colorado in my lone game I got to play. Ultimately, it really does play somewhat well straight out of the box, just gonna need to get sliders to give the pass rush a steroid injection and get realistic stats, and hopefully EA can fix the fucked up zones by way of patch, but otherwise, I'll still manage to have 12 months of fun out of this game. There's gonna be some frustrations with the zone issues in games, but I can manage, I've overlooked and fought through worse in the 12 years I've been playing NCAA Football.

I will also say, EA needed a home run here. While we knew it wasn't going to be great as far as features since the only major feature work went into the Heisman stuff and RTG and recruiting/scouting, they still needed to knock it the fuck out of the park with gameplay, and failed to do so. Ultimately, I agree completely with the NCAA 12.5 moniker, it overall really is more than anything a polished version of NCAA 12, and if they can fix the zones, it will be what NCAA 12 should have been all along.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 07-07-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I find this game is the most fun when you play with weak/avg teams.
    Yep, totally agree. I think it goes along with what G mentioned in an earlier post. He and Kwizzy got a better game using Heisman...I think slider tweaks and a patch fixing the zones and we'll have a great game.