Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate's NCAA Football 13 Retail Release Impressions

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    We both tried it with Ole Miss. I tried it Friday and Saturday so, yes, the PS3 had been off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    Alright. I'm gonna be jumping on here at 11:15, I'll test it out first thing I do.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright. I'm gonna be jumping on here at 11:15, I'll test it out first thing I do.

Well motherfucker, it's happening to me too. Just ran it three straight times as Ole Miss at home against Air Force, blown dead all three times the moment the HB touches the ball, currently sitting in the game with 4th and 23 at my one yard line.

Ran a game as Navy at home against SMU using Ole Miss' playbook, it did it again. Ran a game as Southern Miss at home against Kansas, using a custom playbook with Navy as the base and Shotgun Tight (and only Shotgun Tight) as an added formation, it did NOT do it.

So it looks like it may be something fucked up with Ole Miss' playbook. Steeler, next time you're on, create a custom playbook with that formation added to it, see if that play still does that for you.

Ran a game as Navy at home against SMU using Ole Miss' playbook, it did it again. Ran a game as Southern Miss at home against Kansas, using a custom playbook with Navy as the base and Shotgun Tight (and only Shotgun Tight) as an added formation, it did NOT do it.

So it looks like it may be something fucked up with Ole Miss' playbook. Steeler, next time you're on, create a custom playbook with that formation added to it, see if that play still does that for you.
    The thing is, it did not do it to snoop and he was using Ole Miss and their playbook.

The thing is, it did not do it to snoop and he was using Ole Miss and their playbook.

Yeah, that's what's throwing me for a loop. It did it to you and me using Ole Miss' playbook, but it didn't do it to snoop, nor to me when I used a custom playbook with the same formation and play. That it worked with a custom playbook makes me want to believe it's something with the Ole Miss playbook, but why it did it for us and not snoop is what is puzzling me.

Yeah, that's what's throwing me for a loop. It did it to you and me using Ole Miss' playbook, but it didn't do it to snoop, nor to me when I used a custom playbook with the same formation and play. That it worked with a custom playbook makes me want to believe it's something with the Ole Miss playbook, but why it did it for us and not snoop is what is puzzling me.
    I wonder if this could be somethnig specific to the season pass download? There has to be some reason to explain it.

CPU blah blah blah, computers are dumb! How is it going to play in head to head matches online!?!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I wonder if this could be somethnig specific to the season pass download? There has to be some reason to explain it.
    But as far as I know, snoop is playing it via the season pass download as well.

When EA took the defensive stunts out the game last year I went back and played 2k8. How can 4-3 sets be effective without d- line stunts. I rent this and madden before I buy them.

But as far as I know, snoop is playing it via the season pass download as well.
    That is correct, I too have Season Ticket so I'm using the download as well.

Is anyone else getting pixelated crowd members intermingled with the band during cutscenes?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Is anyone else getting pixelated crowd members intermingled with the band during cutscenes?
    I haven't noticed that but I must say that the crowd looks absolutely awful (ps3) this year. Maybe it's because of motion blur??

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I haven't noticed that but I must say that the crowd looks absolutely awful (ps3) this year. Maybe it's because of motion blur??
    On top of that the colors are way out of whack. Nebraska's Sea of Red is a Sea of White

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Yes I see this all the time, particularly when the camera zooms out for those scenic blimp-type shots. Each person in the crowd essentially becomes a little green/white/red(insert color) cube.

Another issue I saw yesterday involving the crowd - I was North Texas playing at San Jose State. I had just broken a big run for a TD and the camera cut to my small section of fans celebrating in the stands. Two of the fans that were shown kept having their jersey change between North Texas and SJSU, like the game couldn't decide which team the people were cheering for. Ultimately I got two guys with flashing shirts changing very quickly between green/white and blue/yellow. Minor issue and kind of funny but an issue nonetheless.
    Last edited by tko27; 07-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tko27 View Post
    Another issue I saw yesterday involving the crowd - I was North Texas playing at San Jose State. I had just broken a big run for a TD and the camera cut to my small section of fans celebrating in the stands. Two of the fans that were shown kept having their jersey change between North Texas and SJSU, like the game couldn't decide which team the people were cheering for. Ultimately I got two guys with flashing shirts changing very quickly between green/white and blue/yellow. Minor issue and kind of funny but an issue nonetheless.
    Those "fans" may have been guys like ram.

Those "fans" may have been guys like ram.

At first I read that as two guys flashing their shirts.

Is anyone else annoyed that when you play a night game you can barely read the final score as it is pretty much all blacked out? Also, I don't like that they impact players now have black stars below them. The stars blend with shadows making it difficult to see who is impact and who is not.