Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - General Impressions Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Well, I was right about where it was coming from. Amazon always ships me stuff from their distribution centers in Indianapolis or Kentucky. Left Indianapolis at 9:32pm last night, got in, through and left Columbus at 4:18am, arrived in town at 7:11 this morning and was on a truck and out for delivery at 7:34. Now just to hope those bastards put me on the early route (1pm) and not the late route (4pm).

Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    Well no NCAA for me tonight as my game got sent to the wrong facility and won't arrive till tomorrow at the end of the business day. Amazon the best they could do was say sorry and credit my account $5.00 grrrr.

UPS is going to hold the package at the Hub so I can pick it up at 9am tomorrow instead of waiting for delivery. Just glad it's a 5 minute drive up. The real shitty part is my game is about 1hr or less from me right now in Harrisburg, PA. SOB
    That's really lame. I never used to have problems with Amazon, but I've had a few delayed shipments and a few really poor packaging jobs the past 2 or 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    That's really lame. I never used to have problems with Amazon, but I've had a few delayed shipments and a few really poor packaging jobs the past 2 or 3 months.
    2 of my last 4 shipments through them have been "delayed". I'm not sure what the heck is going on but it's frustrating.

2 of my last 4 shipments through them have been "delayed". I'm not sure what the heck is going on but it's frustrating.
    At my church we were supposed to be getting 2 new desks from Amazon. Both left at the same time, but only one showed up. They overnighted the other desk once we told them we never got it.

My Amazon copy was out for delivery as of 0738CST this morning.

LOL, mine's been sitting on the porch since 10:30 and I didn't even notice.

LOL, mine's been sitting on the porch since 10:30 and I didn't even notice.

gee whiz, can we get back to other general impressions? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    gee whiz, can we get back to other general impressions? LOL
    Alright, I've got a general impression. I had this chicken Alfredo dish for lunch today. Goddamn, that was good stuff. Angel hair pasta, very tasty chicken and an Alfredo sauce to die for.

Threads are meant to be taken completely off topic. It keeps things interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright, I've got a general impression. I had this chicken Alfredo dish for lunch today. Goddamn, that was good stuff. Angel hair pasta, very tasty chicken and an Alfredo sauce to die for.
    I'll probably pay for these buffalo chicken sliders later.

Well no NCAA for me tonight as my game got sent to the wrong facility and won't arrive till tomorrow at the end of the business day. Amazon the best they could do was say sorry and credit my account $5.00 grrrr.

UPS is going to hold the package at the Hub so I can pick it up at 9am tomorrow instead of waiting for delivery. Just glad it's a 5 minute drive up. The real shitty part is my game is about 1hr or less from me right now in Harrisburg, PA. SOB
    Fuck that! Drive to Harrisburg!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Freshman
    On another note, played my first ranked game to send off the early release copy last night. Oklahoma state (me) versus marioandretti77 with Notre dame. The game played pretty well and there was no obvious cheddar displayed. He had a 21-7 lead at halftime that disappeared in the second half. The new onside kick is nice (especially when I recover it). I scored two TDs in less than one minute in the 4th to tie the game at 28 and send it to overtime. We traded TDs in the first two overtimes and went to the crucial 3rd OT where 2-pt conversions are now required. I scored and converted to go up 50-42. Made a defensive adjustment to his TE (who killed me in the first half but was pretty quiet after adjustments) and ended up getting a pick 6 to win the game 56-42.

Quick impressions, man and zone defenses can work, but may require some level of care from the user. I rotated between man, zone, and pressure defenses to keep him on his heels in the second half.

7 to 10 yard outs are hard to stop if timed correctly. He hit his WR a couple times on the break and he got separation because of it. Nothing cheesy or glitchy about it. It was just a nice timing pattern and it was good to see that.

A cover 2 defense against a skinny post or seam is career suicide as a defensive coordinator. A good TE and/or slot receiver will eat it alive if the offense recognizes the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Fuck that! Drive to Harrisburg!

The lady I talked to said she couldn't guarantee me that it was there exactly or I would have. Debating with wife about buying it at Walmart here and then returning the Amazon one tomorrow

Threads are meant to be taken completely off topic. It keeps things interesting.
    Exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I'll probably pay for these buffalo chicken sliders later.
    What kind? I had some buffalo chicken sliders the other week, god those fucked me up.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Exactly!

What kind? I had some buffalo chicken sliders the other week, god those fucked me up.
    The kind from work's cafeteria.

Debating with the Chief Financial Officer about buying it at Walmart here and then returning the Amazon one tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post

Now it's correct.

well just got it. So, as of right now...3rd time posted..cant find the short version of just the very end