Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - General Impressions Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    There is both rhyme and reason ... but there are a few bugs too, I think.

Your 09 example was common back in those days ... I had something similar around the same time. Very uncommon to see that now though.
    I'll take you word that it's better now. I haven't had a heisman worthy candidate since 09

Well, I won the Powerhouse Heisman this year, so obviously it's better
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Well, I won the Powerhouse Heisman this year, so obviously it's better
    LOL! Guess that proves it!

i just had my first pass interference penalty called on a cpu controlled defense in over 2 years

Anybody seen this? Or have any clue what the result is going to be?
    So, one of my incoming freshmen is listed as a Transfer on the Roster screen (on the console), and shows as being redshirted. The Dynasty Wire doesn't show him as redshirting. Anybody got any ideas?

i always assume that the dynasty wire is wrong.

i dont understand, though, how an incoming freshman could be listed as a transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i always assume that the dynasty wire is wrong.
    Would generally agree, but this is the first time I can recall the two disagreeing on the roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i dont understand, though, how an incoming freshman could be listed as a transfer?
    Yeah, that's why I'm concerned. Never seen that before, that I can recall. And I don't know how it's possible (maybe something f-ed up because I cut my incoming transfer?). But the player in question is very, very important to my future plans, so if he's not actually redshirting I need to know it, quick. I think I'm going to wait until I get some CPU games and then see if I can add him to the depth chart. If not, I'm okay with that, because he should redshirt either way.

They have GOT to fix the no huddle issue with this game. Playing my Tulsa dynasty game vs. New Mexico, I was in the supersim window to type up the last couple plays of my game summary, when I accidentally hit RB to watch the next play. That left me stuck watching the next 7 plays of my offensive drive as my offense just kept sprinting back to the line after every play, no matter what button I pushed, no matter how many times I pounded Select to call a timeout, I was stuck watching the CPU take over my offense. That is getting damn annoying, as it tends to happen at least once a game, and has nearly before screwed me out of a win.

Yeah. No Huddle should NOT override SuperSim.

Yeah. No Huddle should NOT override SuperSim.
    Completely agree!!!

Though I did have an alternative thought. Theoretically if No Huddle did allow you to exit, then you could change your depth chart / sub players / etc. Current system doesn't allow that, much like it doesn't on the field.

That said, that's a minuscule problem for me. The bigger problem is accidentally hitting Watch Play and getting stuck.

I'm not sure if any one is still playing but after the 4.40 update on ps3 I installed yesterday. I was playing a RTTG mode and when hading off to my HB the game would suddenly slow and shudder in frames and get some one what fuzzy. Is this happening to any one? this had never happen before. I haven't played it today at all to check back. But it was almost unplayable because of skip problem. Just thought I would ask around.

Plenty are still playing. I haven't seen any reports in the OD threads about this, but I'll keep an eye out.

@jefh
    Ok I wasn't sure if it was just me or a normal thing. I will try and play again soon to confirm but it was tough playing rttg on it though. Hopefully it was a blip in my system or an internet error / lag.

An update on my issue. I was able to get a quick RTTG game. I'm on the Oregon team as a starting QB / duel threat white man ha. finish the game off with 340 yards in passing 60 rushing yards 1 rush td and 3 passing td's and two picks ( idiot throw deep and short gainer to a TE ) But on my freezing issue/frame studdar . It went away in this game and no issues. It must have just been my internet giving out lag or the EA servers. I just wish our RTTG games could be 10 min quarters . I can not get enough play time in 5 mins ugh.

Others have mentioned it before, and I'm repeating it, they seriously need to fix how the game decides what the Game of the Week is. Currently in week 8, the Game of the Week is Stanford (5-1) at #24 Notre Dame (3-3). And yet, #4 Texas (4-0) vs. #7 Oklahoma (3-1) gets completely ignored.

Please, someone explain to me how the hell Stanford-#24 Notre Dames ends up the Game of the Week over #4 Texas-#7 Oklahoma, because I seriously cannot see how that would EVER happen in real life.

Edit - Correction, an even better case for Game of the Week in the exact same week, #2 Georgia (5-0) vs. #5 LSU (5-0).
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 05-01-2013 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Others have mentioned it before, and I'm repeating it, they seriously need to fix how the game decides what the Game of the Week is. Currently in week 8, the Game of the Week is Stanford (5-1) at #24 Notre Dame (3-3). And yet, #4 Texas (4-0) vs. #7 Oklahoma (3-1) gets completely ignored.

Please, someone explain to me how the hell Stanford-#24 Notre Dames ends up the Game of the Week over #4 Texas-#7 Oklahoma, because I seriously cannot see how that would EVER happen in real life.

Edit - Correction, an even better case for Game of the Week in the exact same week, #2 Georgia (5-0) vs. #5 LSU (5-0).
    There have been weeks in my dynasty where #1 vs. #2 wasn't even GotW.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    There have been weeks in my dynasty where #1 vs. #2 wasn't even GotW.
    I had that happen at the beginning of my current season when #1 USC and #2 Oklahoma played. Whatever logic they have the game using to select what is GotW for each week, the logic is seriously flawed and broken. From what I have noticed, it always goes for some random rivalry game, usually only involving one Top 25 team. They need to change it so games between Top 10 opponents are first considered, then Top 25 opponents, with rivalry games being a distant third option.

live weather in practice mode is interesting/funny/cool..seems to be raining everywhere lately except California

for the love of God, make play selection matter.

I am sick of seeing a dive stopped by 3 defensive linemen in a blatant pass defense to my 5 on a consistent basis.

Make play selection actually matter and 5 or 6 against 3 actually mean what its supposed to.