Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - General Impressions Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    I started one with New Mexico ... and I had TWO players with me in their top 10. lol

The first day I played it was anyone bal game in online play. Now it has gotten where the one with best skill will win the game. Idk if it's just players have adapted or I'm playing to much lol

I hate to sound like a complaining homer but really EA? Damn near every f'n pitch for Southern Miss in dynasty is a D+ or below!!! Our pitches are even worse then last year and we just had nationally ranked conference championship season! Your offices are in Orlando and I'm sure you've been to UCF games so you must know that we're always near the top of C-USA and when we have off years, we're mediocre at worst. No wonder we have no mascot or come out of an imaginary tunnel. We might as well be an FCS school.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 07-08-2012 at 02:56 PM.

Hi what level were you playing AA or Heisman? Also can you give me some idea of the slider tweeks you made.

thanks !!
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Absolutely bizzare game last night. I started making some slider tweaks and I wanted to use a fair team versus a weak team and take advantage of the elements. So, I played as Idaho (as the home team)versus ASU (as the visiting team) with the game at Sun Devil Stadium. The game was played at night with heavy wind (25mph) and rain. The final score of the game was 6-0 Idaho. I limited ASU to 68 yards of offense and I was limited to 178 yards of offense. However, for all intents and purposes the game should have gone to OT and ZERO offensive points were scored. I had three safeties against ASU!!! Two were from screens the QB didn't throw and the third was a speed option in the endzone. That is the first time in NCAA FOOTBALL SERIES that I nor the opposition has scored offensive points. ASU played dreadful but in the last drive I upped the CPU RUN BLOCK to 60 and I witnessed some decent runs. The weather totally impacted this game though... it was a blast to play!

The game plays BAD out of the box but I'm hoping a good slider set and/or ODs make this thing enjoyable. Right now still got the pre-order from Amazon but on the fence if I should just GameFly it instead.

Some of these school ratings in Dynasty mode make no sense to me.

Navy at C+ Academics?

I don't understand how Rutgers has C for Pro Potential when in the last 5-7 years they've been putting quite a few players in the Pros, and not just bums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger View Post
    Hi what level were you playing AA or Heisman? Also can you give me some idea of the slider tweeks you made.

thanks !!
    I pretty much exclusively play on AA with custom sliders. I posted my most recent NCAA 13 set in Steelerfan slider thread. Please note however that I am not a slider guru. I just play around with things until i like them. My current sliders are far from final but I am having some fun with them right now. Steelerfan is TGT's resident slider expert and he usually has an awesome set.

Freshman
    So, I've played 3 offline dynasty games, 3 exhibition games, and 4 online games. All games have been on heisman. All have used 7 minute quarters. I'm still not sure what to think. I've successfully mixed in man and zone defenses to shut down offenses. I've also felt paralyzed against the CPU at times due to ineffective defense (despite it being the right call). I haven't been able to spend a lot of time playing and digging deeper, unfortunately. The pregnant gf has taken over my tv. I have enjoyed the games I've played, though. Just gotta figure out what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    The game plays BAD out of the box but I'm hoping a good slider set and/or ODs make this thing enjoyable. Right now still got the pre-order from Amazon but on the fence if I should just GameFly it instead.
    Well if you havent made up your mind then you got charged this morning. LOL I was also on the fence but I figured I would 60.00 out of it anyway.

Playing with my new slider tweaks, last night I wanted to see how the game would play so I took Idaho to Michigan St. and boom... I lost 34-3. Ugly! MSU hb had 10.9 ypc and my QB's combined to throw 4 pics. MSU had a pic six as well as a punt return for a TD. Also, I played in the fog and this seem to impact the game as well as my WR's had nine drops and MSU recievers had 5.

so i downloaded the Season pass version on saturday and i am already in season 2 of my offline dynasty. for the freezing...i think it was a custom playbook thing. i had both O and D custom playbooks selected then when i changed them to Default the game started like normal. Does anyone know if my dynasty will carry over from the Season Pass version to the retail version?

Quote Originally Posted by KIDZER0918 View Post
    so i downloaded the Season pass version on saturday and i am already in season 2 of my offline dynasty. for the freezing...i think it was a custom playbook thing. i had both O and D custom playbooks selected then when i changed them to Default the game started like normal. Does anyone know if my dynasty will carry over from the Season Pass version to the retail version?
    Yes. Everything carries over.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    Well if you havent made up your mind then you got charged this morning. LOL I was also on the fence but I figured I would 60.00 out of it anyway.
    Man how did you not get it for $45? I thought everyone priced it at $45 this year. I got an e-mail Sunday night saying mine was shipped. Didn't cost me a dime (used Amazon credit) so I got NCAA 13 for $0.00

Just in case there was any doubt that Heisman Challenge is a total joke, I just played against FCS East as Doug Flutie.

36 Completions
    44 Attempts
    753 Yards
    11 Touchdowns!!!

After two games, I have thrown for 1281 yards and 18 touchdowns. This mode is garbage as it currently stands. I most likely won't finish the Heisman season as there is really no purpose. Who wants to have ZERO challenge and just pad your stats week-to-week???

Just in case there was any doubt that Heisman Challenge is a total joke, I just played against FCS East as Doug Flutie.

36 Completions
    44 Attempts
    753 Yards
    11 Touchdowns!!!

After two games, I have thrown for 1281 yards and 18 touchdowns. This mode is garbage as it currently stands. I most likely won't finish the Heisman season as there is really no purpose. Who wants to have ZERO challenge and just pad your stats week-to-week???
    did you change the difficulty?

36 Completions
    44 Attempts
    753 Yards
    11 Touchdowns!!!

Steelerfan said there is a house rules section where you can change the difficulty and sliders. Sounds like Varsity is way too easy on this mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Steelerfan said there is a house rules section where you can change the difficulty and sliders. Sounds like Varsity is way too easy on this mode.
    Well, we are playing with 'roided up 99 (or close to) OVR versions of these guys. Still not very fun of a mode. I already never got out of the HS playoffs in Road to Glory last year in '12, and now I'm expected to play a season with a 'roided up past Heisman winner. I'd much rather put all that time and effort into my dynasty. Looks like I won't be getting 100% achievements for '13 unless I do a Heisman Challenge thing maybe once a month or something.

Well no NCAA for me tonight as my game got sent to the wrong facility and won't arrive till tomorrow at the end of the business day. Amazon the best they could do was say sorry and credit my account $5.00 grrrr.

UPS is going to hold the package at the Hub so I can pick it up at 9am tomorrow instead of waiting for delivery. Just glad it's a 5 minute drive up. The real shitty part is my game is about 1hr or less from me right now in Harrisburg, PA. SOB

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Man how did you not get it for $45? I thought everyone priced it at $45 this year. I got an e-mail Sunday night saying mine was shipped. Didn't cost me a dime (used Amazon credit) so I got NCAA 13 for $0.00

I got it for 45.00 I pre-ordered months ago when then price first came up. I forgot about that when i was typing the reply.