Thread: Revamp Gameplay Sliders with Threshold Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display

Revamp Gameplay Sliders with Threshold Sliders

I've posted this on the Game Changers Ideas site but so far it doesn't appear to have gotten much traction. I think it got buried in the initial push and buried by the ideas that everyone already wants (OL/DL overhaul, special teams, CC 2.0, etc.) So I'm posting it here hoping that some of you that may have not seen it can help me bump my idea up. Here it is:

Revamp Gameplay Sliders ... Threshold Sliders

In this idea, it would essentially add to the current sliders that are available but what it would do is add a "threshold" slider for every available rating for both offense & defense for both CPU & HUM teams.Similar to the Speed Threshold currently in the game, it would allow you to weigh ratings on importance. The higher the threshold, the more factored in the rating is and vice versa. If you think that Stamina should be more important, move it from a 50 closer to 100. If you think that Ball Carrying ability is too good, move it's slider from 50 to closer to 0. And so on.

It would require both offense & defense so that if you raise, for example, catching, you don't have to worry about more interceptions occurring or less if you lowered it. Each side of the ball would be independent from the other.

I really think this idea is golden and would give huge customization for each and every dynasty. It would essentially provide the same idea that everyone wants with a global ratings editor, without having to actually edit any ratings.

For those unfamiliar with the ideas site, it's part of the Game Changers site to help the community push forward the ideas they think are most important to each EA Sports series. All you have to do is sign-in with your existing EA account and then vote up or down on the ideas you like.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 06-20-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Great concept Tommy. This would drastically up the amount of user customization that we could place upon our games. the sliders in ncaa have been lacking for a long time and doing this would greatly help out certain areas. We would be allowed to place a higher emphasis on things like acceleration and agility, which would make players feel heavier and mimic the whole locomotion gig that they had in a couple of years ago.

This would truly make every dynasty unique and not just the same old thing.