Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Online Dynasty, Dynasty Wire, & Story Builder - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    Ability to see the position ranks of recruits.....unless it is there and I don't see it now?
    Isn't that what that big number in parenthesis is

TE (#37) Joe Blow - Yadda yadda yadda
    Someplace, Somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Isn't that what that big number in parenthesis is

TE (#37) Joe Blow - Yadda yadda yadda
    Someplace, Somewhere
    When viewing through the console, yes.
    When doing recruiting via the web, that number is just what number you have the guy on your recruiting board -or- if you haven't added him to your board, it is just his overall ranking for all recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinWolv View Post
    When viewing through the console, yes.
    When doing recruiting via the web, that number is just what number you have the guy on your recruiting board -or- if you haven't added him to your board, it is just his overall ranking for all recruits.
    Ok. I didn't know you were talking about the webpage.

found a bug on the story builder site that causes player stats for the wrong teams to show up.

under "this week's game," if you click view schedule, and then click "game details" for your current week's game, you can see scoring summary, team stats and player stats.

when i click player stats, i get the stats for oklahoma's roster popping up, even though i'm playing as usc. the scoring summary and team stats page display the correct info though.

scoring summary pic

player stats

my apologies if this should be in the bugs and glitches thread, but could someone please send this off to ea?

The addition of a "Remember Me" checkbox to the EASW or Online Dynasty login screens would be very, very nice. Teambuilder's got it, and I can deal with not having it on the OD page, but it'd be very nice to see.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

For OD: Would like the ability for the Commissioner of any OD to be able to control multiple teams, and the ability to watch those as cpu/cpu games. I love watching CPU/CPU games on my OD with my brother when I have nothing else to do and there is a big game. It's an "offline" game still, so the ability to watch these would be nice. Since it's just the commish, there should be no problem with stats getting messed up. This would also and especially be good for 1 player OD.

Also the ability to change opponents uniforms in OD games. This is probably a pain in the butt, but it should be an option nonetheless, if we're saying that there's "Really no reason to be offline anymore", according to Russ and Ben Haumiller. It's painful that I can't change a uniform to whatever I want to play vs. Create a mod interface for OD that allows you to change uniforms but not play as that team, unless you control them.

Would LOVE if the "weekly update" section was ESPN! Every new week there's that Red "weekly update (insert week #)", with all the previous scores and upcoming games, along with recruiting news for the week. That should be an ESPN update, with ESPN graphics. That would add mucho pop to the page I think.

I'm not even logged into my OD, yet Dynasty Wire says I can't simultaneously view recruiting on the website and on the console. I am distinctly logged out of the OD on the console ... something obviously didn't trigger.

It would be very cool if Pre-Season All-Americans and All-Conference were generated into an automatic PreSeason Dynasty Wire story. As it is now, I don't believe there's any way to view pre-season-type information (All-Americans, All-Conf, Polls, etc) before Week 1 begins except by watching the Bottom Line.

Along the same lines, once you advance into the offseason, you can't go back and view Post-season awards, bowl results, or any news items. If we're not going to see the return of those menu items (even Top Classes is gone once PostSeason Recruiting is done), it'd be nice if it was at least captured somewhere that could be preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    found a bug on the story builder site that causes player stats for the wrong teams to show up.

under "this week's game," if you click view schedule, and then click "game details" for your current week's game, you can see scoring summary, team stats and player stats.

when i click player stats, i get the stats for oklahoma's roster popping up, even though i'm playing as usc. the scoring summary and team stats page display the correct info though.
    This is still happening, and it seems like it's even worse than previously identified. I just went through a bunch of "Game Details" links, and no matter which one I clicked, the box score that's shown at the top of the screen is not right. If I'm viewing Texas's schedule, I see USC vs Oregon's scoring box score. As MVP said, the Scoring Summary and Team Stats are right. If I'm viewing Ohio State's schedule, I see Texas vs UCLA's box score. Again, the Scoring Summary and Team Stats are correct.

No matter what game I pick. No matter what week I pick. The player stats are from Oklahoma - Oregon State, which was a Week 4 game. On that note, it looks like all the links for recaps in Week 1, Week 2, or Week 3 games have disappeared, so maybe that's why.

So I go and try to find Oklahoma - Oregon State ... just curious what it'll show. For whatever reason, it shows Wisconsin - Virginia Tech. So I go back to the other games ... and now they're showing Wisconsin - Virginia Tech. Every game.

Not sure why the top schools screen in recruiting is different between the console and the website - console shows points you are ahead/behind and the site shows percentage. It would be nice to have the option to toggle between these two options on both the console and site instead of having them completely different.

I think if EA wants to really promote the "recruit anywhere" they need to do a mobile version of the Dynasty Hub.

Dynasty Wire could also be helped by having a "teams" list somewhere. Far as I can tell, there's nowhere to get a simple list of which teams are controlled by users from the Dynasty Wire.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Dynasty Wire could also be helped by having a "teams" list somewhere. Far as I can tell, there's nowhere to get a simple list of which teams are controlled by users from the Dynasty Wire.
    On the Front page where it has your school logo and team information there is a dropdown box that says select. You can only select user controller teams. However it still doesn't tell you which user controls them.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    On the Front page where it has your school logo and team information there is a dropdown box that says select. You can only select user controller teams. However it still doesn't tell you which user controls them.
    But the bigger issue is if you want to browse someone else's dynasty that you're not a member of, there's no way to do so besides looking at stories.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    But the bigger issue is if you want to browse someone else's dynasty that you're not a member of, there's no way to do so besides looking at stories.
    I guess that depends on what information you are looking for. If I view another dynasty I can quickly toggle between user controlled teams - see what their records are, rankings. Plus I can also view conference standings at the bottom of the front page. Then view Top 25 polls and stats in their menus.

I wish there were the ability to take "snapshots" of the dynasty of a given week, and save it as an offline copy so that you could access it at any time. You wouldn't be able to advance that offline copy to future weeks. The reason for this would be in order to keep records of stats, award winners, etc. without slowing down the progression of the dynasty. That way as the commissioner, I could save an offline snapshot, advance to the offseason, then go back and record down who the season award winners were, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I guess that depends on what information you are looking for. If I view another dynasty I can quickly toggle between user controlled teams - see what their records are, rankings. Plus I can also view conference standings at the bottom of the front page. Then view Top 25 polls and stats in their menus.
    How? When I view the Dynasty Hub for another dynasty, I don't see anything that indicates any user controlled teams, except the team controlled by the commissioner. Nobody else is highlighted, in the Top 25 or in the Standings.

I guess if I looked really closely at the schedule, I can see the usernames below the user-controlled teams, but this isn't particularly useful since I have to know what conferences to look in.
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    then go back and record down who the season award winners were, etc.
    If it were up to me, I think we need to have a Dynasty Wire story that shows Award Winners, one that shows All-Americans, and one for Top Classes. There should be a lot more CPU built Dynasty Wire stories.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    f it were up to me, I think we need to have a Dynasty Wire story that shows Award Winners, one that shows All-Americans, and one for Top Classes. There should be a lot more CPU built Dynasty Wire stories.
    That wouldn't be terrible but my idea would let you go back and look at rosters, end of season stats, recruiting boards (recruits for that matter), etc. Giving a full snapshot would be ideal for me.

Oh, absolutely. I would definitely like that, and not just for those types of moments. I love to go back and look at recruits, see what their ratings were during recruiting, etc. Last year when we could make Offline copies, I had probably 3 or 4 offline saves per season of an OD.