Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Mode - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    the fans should be louder if that's possible the commentary around the game should be tailored to the rivalary

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I really like the idea, but would you (or anyone else who wants this) also want something in the game to make Rivalry Games seem bigger or different? If so, what?
    I'm all for dynamic/custom rivalries, and I definitely think rivalry games should feel different from regular games. I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish that, but something that seems relatively simple to add is rivalry-specific commentary (things like how many times the game has been played, records, maybe highlighting one or two specific games where the stakes were high for both teams and what the outcome was). Another thing that would be cool (that somebody else mentioned somewhere) is if the cut scenes were more "chippy" during a big rivalry game.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I really like the idea, but would you (or anyone else who wants this) also want something in the game to make Rivalry Games seem bigger or different? If so, what?

Right now, there's a few text references to games being a Rivalry Game, but nothing physically different that I can tell or remember.
    Custom rivalry trophies.... once you have a "new" rivalry you have the ability to create a new rivalry trophy.

In Offline Dynasty, if you're doing a multi-week sim, you can Cancel the sim at any point ... if it's during the season. In the offseason, a sim cannot be cancelled once it starts, even a multi-week sim.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Don't know how much people have been paying attention to their school's pitches, but I just had my teambuilder dynasty school's A+ Academic Prestige drop to A after 5 years of it not moving. Interesting stuff. Never had it go up or down before. Was kinda bummed about it actually...

Quote Originally Posted by ebin View Post
    I'm all for dynamic/custom rivalries, and I definitely think rivalry games should feel different from regular games. I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish that, but something that seems relatively simple to add is rivalry-specific commentary (things like how many times the game has been played, records, maybe highlighting one or two specific games where the stakes were high for both teams and what the outcome was)
    On last-last gen (Playstation), when you would start a rivalry game, there was information about the game displayed on screen during the load screen. Series history and stuff like that. I think it was on the PS2 that they went to having text descriptions of historical events in the rivalry. I may have those switched, but I'm fairly confident I'm right. I'd like to see a return of either of those.

One thing I didn't like about the text descriptions though, was they wouldn't identify anyone involved in the game, even if that player had long graduated. Except Spurrier was referred to once as "The Ol' Ball Coach". If you're not going to (or be able to) put in the names of the players involved, I'd rather just see Series history or some numbers.

For those of us that are nuts about simulation statistics, I'd really like to see a slider to set the simulated length of a CPU game. Many other games have had it over the years, and I'd really like to see it in NCAA.

As others said earlier in the thread, Medical Redshirts would be a very welcome addition.

Adjusting the simulated stats would be nice. I keep my quarter length to 7 minutes and I'm a little on the low side.

If Madden 11 is any indication for NCAA 12 Medical redshirts will be a necessity. In my Lions franchise after week four I am already down six starters. Uusally NCAA adopts a lot of madden features so we will see. Regardless though, bring in an injury slider!

I'd like an injury slider myself but this area needs a lot of attention really. The only real injuries I see are to offensive players that get tackled or hit. I'll see injuries to running backs, wide receivers and QBs. I don't see many long term injuries although Vincent Smith is out 12 weeks for me (he's chronically getting hurt in NCAA 11). Where are the injuries to the OL? What about the defense? Does anyone ever see injuries to these position groups? This area needs to be a lot better.

I see the occasional injury to offensive linemen, and defenders get injured a handful of times.

The thing that gets me this year is the number of injuries to players that weren't involved in the play. Like you'll see WRs get injured when they were blocking. I realize it happens in real life, so I'm okay with it, but it is strange to see in the game.

Addition of personal, individual highs. Need to include banners and an asterisk in the stats menu overlay. Also would love to see record highs in different colors on the stats screen

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    1) If generic coaches are going to be used, have a naming file for them similar to rosters that can be shared via EA Locker
    2) Have coaches recruit to their style of play
    3) Homecoming and Senior Day
    4) Dynamic rivals or the ability to change/set rivals
    X2

Adam Thompson is on OS looking for Cheerleader Chants to be used in NCAA 12. He started a thread about it.

I would much rather they focus on halftime shows and a weekly wrap up college show (College Gameday perhaps?) instead. If they do it all I'd be happy.

Ability to offer a scholarship on a Quick call like last year's recruiting.

1.) I really hope that they put in medical redshirts. I hate when one of my best players gets hurt week 1 and is lost for the rest of the season.
    2.) I agree that the rivalry games need to be revamped so that they feel special/meaningful. It just feels strange to play against Oregon State and the crowd be silent the whole game.
    2a.) The ability to choose/create your own rivalries. Could be easily done by playing home and home games with a specific team for numerous years, having some really close games, or running up the score one year that upsets the other team. I know that my explination isn't great but you get the jist.
    3.) I'd love to see an expanded roster! I'm not talking about 100+, but something more than what we have now. It sucks when you have to cut some really good players bc you have such a small cap on roster size. I'm thinking something like adding 10 or so players per team?
    4.) The ability to change the order you play conference games, the ability to change dates (Example- Moving a noon Saturday game into a primetime Thursday or Friday night game), and the biggest one, the ability to change gametimes! I play with Oregon exclusively and we're obviously on PST and our 3:30/4:00 games are the equivalent to 6:30/7:00 games EST. That means that during the game the sun should be going down and it being a 'night game'. Everytime I play a 3:30 game it always stays sunny. I personally would like to have the ability to choose more night games.

Just my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by duckfan4 View Post
    I play with Oregon exclusively and we're obviously on PST and our 3:30/4:00 games are the equivalent to 6:30/7:00 games EST. That means that during the game the sun should be going down and it being a 'night game'. Everytime I play a 3:30 game it always stays sunny.
    No, 3:30/4pm games are equivalent to 12:30/1pm games.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmj444 View Post
    No, 3:30/4pm games are equivalent to 12:30/1pm games.
    I live on the east coast. So when Oregon plays at 12:30, 4:00, or 7:15 PST it's the equivalent to 3:30, 7:00, or 10:15 EST. We are 3 hours ahead of the west coast.

It depends on what the time in Dynasty mode means. I can't say I've taken a glance at it this year in Dynasty mode (I use the main tab for all my games). Is there anything that indicates whether the time it shows is "local" time or all Eastern time? That would decide whether David is right or duckfan is right ... at least in terms of the time difference between Eastern and Pacific.

Option 1: "3:30" means "3:30 pm Eastern"
    Then the game is actually simulated as a 12:30 pm Pacific game, which is what David was suggesting. This would explain why you're seeing conditions where the sun is out throughout the game, since it would be a 12:30-5:00-ish game.

Option 2: "3:30" means "3:30 pm local time"
    For most northern cities (i.e. including Eugene, Oregon), 3:30 pm college football games would mean sunny conditions at the beginning of the season, and sun -> dusk conditions nearing the end of the season. But many 3:30 local football games are sunny throughout the game. Or, at least the sun doesn't start to set to the end. So that could still explain what you're seeing.

The quickest way to figure out this answer would be the look at the noon games. If there are no games on the west coach listed as "noon" game, then it's reasonable to assume that all times are Eastern.

Either way, I'm a little confused by what you posted. You said "I play with Oregon exclusively and we're obviously on PST and our 3:30/4:00 games are the equivalent to 6:30/7:00 games EST. That means that during the game the sun should be going down and it being a 'night game'." The fact that 3:30 PST is 6:30 EST means nothing to the game. Whether it's Option 1 or Option 2, "3:30" is not going to mean 6:30 pm EST. Either the game is played at 12:30 local or 3:30 local.

To save everyone (myself included) a headache, I'd just like to see some clarification on whether the game times on the game are Eastern or local time. I was trying to hint at if a 3:30 start time Eastern, that would be equivalent to a 12:30 Pacific start time. That would mean a day game with the sun out the entire game. But if a 3:30 start time was local (Pacific) then it would be the equivalent to a 6:30 Eastern time, that would mean that around halftime or the second half the sun would start going down, turning into a 'night game' so to speak. Because we all know that 6:30 start times on the east coast NEVER end with the sun being up, same on the west coast.

But back to my main point: I'd like the ability to pick and choose start times for my games instead of having them predetermined for me. I know most of you don't understand my logic for all of this but for some reason it seems as if I NEVER play any night games. (That's where my time start confusion comes into play.)