Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Mode - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I look at it as one of those things where if EA thinks they have a system that greatly outdoes the first iteration of it, then by all means introduce it to us. But if they insist it has some type of point system, then just let the suggestion go by the wayside.
    Amen to that. If it's anything similar to their first iteration of it, just let it go! If they come up with a totally new to do it and make it work, alright, I'm willing to try it out and see how it does in a future edition.

It seems like every usage of R3 in Dynasty Mode in NCAA 10 has been swapped with Triangle this go around. Personally, I find it more likely that I'm going to be wanting "More Info" on players and recruits than switching teams ... and I find R3 to be much easier to hit than triangle. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I don't see a reason for the swap.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I remember in NCAA 08 you had the option of choosing medical red shirt or something else

E: It was summer drills, lead blocking controls or in game saves
    Last edited by Boucher; 07-23-2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    It seems like every usage of R3 in Dynasty Mode in NCAA 10 has been swapped with Triangle this go around. Personally, I find it more likely that I'm going to be wanting "More Info" on players and recruits than switching teams ... and I find R3 to be much easier to hit than triangle. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but I don't see a reason for the swap.
    They did the same thing with Y and the left trigger on Xbox, at least in recruiting. Annoying, to be sure.

i'd like to see more slots available for setting your depth charts. like 5 slots for qb's, 5-6 for runningbacks, 10 for wr's and corners, 5-6 for d-ends and d-tackles. we dont even need to have every slot filled but i think it'd be nice so that you could be able to sub more players in.

or instead of adding more spots to the depth chart, it'd be better if we could assign certain players to sub in for certain starters.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    i'd like to see more slots available for setting your depth charts. like 5 slots for qb's, 5-6 for runningbacks, 10 for wr's and corners, 5-6 for d-ends and d-tackles. we dont even need to have every slot filled but i think it'd be nice so that you could be able to sub more players in.
    This would be very cool for Dynasty players, especially those of us who occasionally use Mass Subs.

Best "Television Exposure" feedback ever: "Yeah, I think I've seen some of your games on the Ocho". Lmao.

The coaches names should be in the roster file. List head coach as a position for all I care. That way I can download the roster names and get coaches. Coaching carousel would be nice.

Discipline is the thing I miss most. I liked seeing guys get in trouble and I liked having the ability to punish them or not. But there should be NO point system. I should be as hard or lenient as I want at any time. In no way should I have to go soft on a guy to conserve a mythical set of points. It should only affect a coach's reputation (loose, moderate, tough) which can affect recruiting. Conversely, if a kid gets in a lot of trouble, a steep punishment shouldn't automatically keep the NCAA away. If you recruit too many hoodlums and 5 of those guys break the law then the NCAA may come down with some punishments (reduced scholarships, not necessarily bowl bans) no matter how hard I punish a kid.

I understand the medical redshirts and spring game but I really didn't care for them that much on the PS2. I don't care either way if they come back.

I'd love to have the ability to export box scores and stats from a dynasty so I can post it online. Dynasty wire is cool but it's only for online dynasties. I'd love to be able to have stats e-mailed to me for offline games or exported to text files. If they don't want to do that, at least do a screenshot capture like the Show has. At any time let us take a screenshot of where we are which could be standings, individual stats, team stats, etc. That was a great feature for the Show. MLB 2K10 had a dynasty blog where I could load the box score of every game to an online server. I could also load screenshots and videos and blog about the game. It was really simple and you didn't have to be in an online league to use it.

Rudy, I absolutely agree with your thoughts on discipline, except for how hard you come down on a guy not affecting the NCAA. We've seen time and again that schools that self-impose punishments are given lighter sentences by the NCAA. And that's how it should be. If I'm constantly having to suspend guys, yes, I should probably be looked at pretty closely, but how much punishment I deal out should also be an influencing factor.

What I'd really like to see, related to discipline, is if I'm coming down hard on a guy and he can't hack it, he leaves the program.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'd love to have the ability to export box scores and stats from a dynasty so I can post it online. Dynasty wire is cool but it's only for online dynasties. I'd love to be able to have stats e-mailed to me for offline games or exported to text files. If they don't want to do that, at least do a screenshot capture like the Show has. At any time let us take a screenshot of where we are which could be standings, individual stats, team stats, etc. That was a great feature for the Show. MLB 2K10 had a dynasty blog where I could load the box score of every game to an online server. I could also load screenshots and videos and blog about the game. It was really simple and you didn't have to be in an online league to use it.
    Completely agree! I was so stoked for Dynasty wire, and while its definitely cool (especially the ability to recruit online), it doesn't provide nearly enough detail or customization. Full game stats automatically emailed after every game would be great. I can't understand why EA won't give us the information from our dynasties (rosters, stats, etc.) in a usable format.

I'd also like to see the ability to promise somebody playing time outside their natural position. If I've got three guys returning at free safety and only one strong safety, I should be able to pitch playing time at SS to that 3* FS who has me at #2 overall, rather than having to settle for a worse player just because his natural position is SS.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    What I'd really like to see, related to discipline, is if I'm coming down hard on a guy and he can't hack it, he leaves the program.
    Absolutely. And if you develop a reputation as a hard ass it should potentially hurt recruiting in some areas while possibly helping a little with good kids. Overall I think it would be awesome if the dirty coaches could recruit a little better but risk NCAA sanctions more often. A random big scandal for a loose coach (like USC's program under Carroll) to punish those guys would be great. True risk and reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Absolutely. And if you develop a reputation as a hard ass it should potentially hurt recruiting in some areas while possibly helping a little with good kids. Overall I think it would be awesome if the dirty coaches could recruit a little better but risk NCAA sanctions more often. A random big scandal for a loose coach (like USC's program under Carroll) to punish those guys would be great. True risk and reward.
    Excellent ideas!!!

My only wish. Have been asking for this for 3 years.

Custom Schedules

1.)Being able to schedule anyone you want in any week. Let's say I have Troy on my schedule and I want to also play Auburn. Sometimes it wont let me play those teams together, but if I schedule somebody else like let's say WKU, it will let me, but then it wont let me play Troy.

2.)Re-arranging Conference games. Let's say I'm Clemson and over the years of a dynasty, Boston College becomes a big game each year that could decide the Atlantic Division. Every year the game is in the first few weeks of the season. I would like to be able to re-arrange the game to be late in the season. This also goes for other late season games. The FSU game is always late in the season. Maybe I want to open the season against them like 2007.

3.)Set times and dates for games. This is my most wanted thing. Maybe have a little ticker to scroll (up/down) through times (12:00,1:00,2:00,3:30,4:30,5:00,6:00,7:30,8:00,10: 00) and dates (Sunday-Saturday). Maybe I want a Thursday night matchup against a big rival late in the season at 7:30. Or maybe I want a labor day matchup. This includes 3 of the inevations so far.

4.)Specifications for games. I would like to be able to set Homecoming, Family Weekend, Military Appreciation Day/Night, All-(Primary or Secondary Color) Day/Night, Donors Day/Night, etc. The last home game would also automatically be set for Senior Day/Night. This would help bring in more fans and really help with recruiting. A recruit would have a much better grade rating if you brought him in for a Thursday night matchup at 8:00 with a big rival on Homecoming than say a 12:00 matchup with FCS East on Family Weekend.

5.)Neutral Site games. You guys know this and have seen this posted so I wont go into big detail. You guys don't even have to change up the field art. Just have one of those scrolling tickers like the ones I already talked about to let you scroll through all the stadiums in the game.

I hope the developers take note of these. I thank you if you guys do.

Point three ferom above.... YES.... i have also advocated for this for the past few years. For HOME GAMES we should have the ability to schedule the start time. I'n not too concerned about the day because if has zero impact on the game but a least let us choose day or night.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmj444 View Post
    4.)Specifications for games. I would like to be able to set Homecoming, Family Weekend, Military Appreciation Day/Night, All-(Primary or Secondary Color) Day/Night, Donors Day/Night, etc. The last home game would also automatically be set for Senior Day/Night. This would help bring in more fans and really help with recruiting. A recruit would have a much better grade rating if you brought him in for a Thursday night matchup at 8:00 with a big rival on Homecoming than say a 12:00 matchup with FCS East on Family Weekend.
    I said this too in another thread.

I didn't see this. I only come on here every few months or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidmj444 View Post
    I didn't see this. I only come on here every few months or so.
    It's not a big deal. I was just showing you where we both agree on the same idea, that's all.

Something cool in addition to a possible AD Mode, via all the changes in the ncaa landscape recently, would be a 'Conference President'. This would allow you to also set or be the conference president in charge of lobbying teams into/out of your conference during the offseason. Could be lobbied for 2 seasons down the road or whatever, so that other conferences have a chance to match their conference back up due to a loss or gain in conference. The ability to set 8/10/12 or 16 team conferences would be cool as well.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    4) Dynamic rivals or the ability to change/set rivals
    I really like the idea, but would you (or anyone else who wants this) also want something in the game to make Rivalry Games seem bigger or different? If so, what?

Right now, there's a few text references to games being a Rivalry Game, but nothing physically different that I can tell or remember.