Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dynasty Mode - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display

Dynasty Mode - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

Dynasty Mode

Use this thread for wish list & feedback items discussing ideas and feedback in regards to Dynasty Mode in NCAA Football 12.

Be clear, but concise in making your wishes. Any off-topic posts will be deleted.

Adding in coaches (hopefully with the actual license) plus a coaching carousel would really help put the icing on the cake when it comes to Dynasty Mode.

Coaches are often the face of the program and have never been given their fake shake in the franchise, IMO.

1) If generic coaches are going to be used, have a naming file for them similar to rosters that can be shared via EA Locker
    2) Have coaches recruit to their style of play
    3) Homecoming and Senior Day
    4) Dynamic rivals or the ability to change/set rivals
    Last edited by souljahbill; 07-13-2010 at 04:04 AM.

MEDICAL REDSHIRT

I dont know how many times ive had a player go down for a significant amount of time during the season and i cant save a year of his eligibility

Also

Spring Game or Summer Practices to improve progression

Quote Originally Posted by Boucher View Post
    MEDICAL REDSHIRT

I dont know how many times ive had a player go down for a significant amount of time during the season and i cant save a year of his eligibility
    For the first time ever, in any game, I've lost a guy for the season in the first game. He's a senior too so bye bye to him.

Player Discipline Rating - It used to be on the previous gen versions, but I think with the recent sanctions that the NCAA have been imposing on teams perhaps a variation of what was done last gen can make its way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    Player Discipline Rating - It used to be on the previous gen versions, but I think with the recent sanctions that the NCAA have been imposing on teams perhaps a variation of what was done last gen can make its way back.
    I would only support this (assuming EA would then bring back the program discipline system like they had back on 06 or 08 or whatever it was) if it worked right! Whatever year that was, where you had to assign recruiting, training, and discipline points before the season, once you got in season, by like week 6, you had 10 players in trouble/suspended and all your discipline points were used up and gone, resulting in a bunch of penalties from the NCAA.

It's a great idea in theory, but EA's attempt at it in the past failed HORRIBLY. There is no way a school, with the best of the best of disciplined players in the game, should be getting hit with penalties after only the first season of a dynasty simply because the game decided to make 20 of their players get in trouble during the season and use up all of those 2/3rds of the points you had allocated towards discipline (leaving you with very little points to use for training and recruiting) by week 6 or 7 of the season.

If EA can fix that horrible train wreck of a disaster and actually make it a viable system that the game doesn't abuse you with, then I wouldn't mind seeing it possibly make a return. But only if they actually make it work and not be some cheap piece of junk that screws over every team in college football by the end of the 1st season.

I agree with SP. While I liked the idea behind Player Discipline, the mythical, magical point system was horrible for the reasons he mentioned.

In talking with Russ at Community Day, medical redshirts create a lot of problems, but it is something they're still trying to do.

Didn't medical redshirts used to be in the game? I swear I remember being able to apply for a medical redshirt, maybe back in the PS2 days, when a player would go down in like week 3 with a season ending injury, and then you'd get a pop-up response saying your request was either accepted or it was denied for "enter reason here".

Yeah, that was in the PS2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskerBlitz View Post
    Yeah, that was in the PS2 days.
    Damn, I guess those really were the good days in NCAA after all.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Damn, I guess those really were the good days in NCAA after all.
    Yes and no. While you could apply for a medical redshirt, that feature didn't get added until, at the earliest, NCAA 07. So it was a looooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time before that feature was part of the game.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yes and no. While you could apply for a medical redshirt, that feature didn't get added until, at the earliest, NCAA 07. So it was a looooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg time before that feature was part of the game.
    Ahh yes, now I remember it. It would have been NCAA 08, which was my last one before I jumped to 360. That was the one that had both the medical redshirts and the train wreck of a disaster that was the Program Discipline system.

Btw, Smooth, does 5 games in 7 years winning by a touchdown or less really constitute "owning"?

I mean, beating, yes .. winning, yes ... but owning?

Hey, they may not be giant margin, pretty wins, but when Navy is 15-1 against Air Force and Army combined, and 8-0 solely against Army since 2002, then yes, I consider that owning. Ask the past 8 senior classes at Army what they consider it.

That and Navy now owns the longest streak for outright possession of the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy with 7 years in a row (and soon to be 8), beating the previous best of 6 in a row held by Air Force from 1997-2002.

I would only support this (assuming EA would then bring back the program discipline system like they had back on 06 or 08 or whatever it was) if it worked right! Whatever year that was, where you had to assign recruiting, training, and discipline points before the season, once you got in season, by like week 6, you had 10 players in trouble/suspended and all your discipline points were used up and gone, resulting in a bunch of penalties from the NCAA.

It's a great idea in theory, but EA's attempt at it in the past failed HORRIBLY. There is no way a school, with the best of the best of disciplined players in the game, should be getting hit with penalties after only the first season of a dynasty simply because the game decided to make 20 of their players get in trouble during the season and use up all of those 2/3rds of the points you had allocated towards discipline (leaving you with very little points to use for training and recruiting) by week 6 or 7 of the season.

If EA can fix that horrible train wreck of a disaster and actually make it a viable system that the game doesn't abuse you with, then I wouldn't mind seeing it possibly make a return. But only if they actually make it work and not be some cheap piece of junk that screws over every team in college football by the end of the 1st season.
    I definitely agree. The way they had it back then sucked greatly, but I think after 4-5 years they can think of ways to use it a lot better.

I think if they tied the prestige of the school along with coach prestige (another reason for real coaches), which can influence how a player acts, at least in a video game, then it has the potential to add another touch of realism. But it shouldn't have any type of point system involved.

Ask the past 8 senior classes at Army what they consider it.
    I didn't disagree with the Army part of the statement That has been an owning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingpin32 View Post
    I definitely agree. The way they had it back then sucked greatly, but I think after 4-5 years they can think of ways to use it a lot better.

I think if they tied the prestige of the school along with coach prestige (another reason for real coaches), which can influence how a player acts, at least in a video game, then it has the potential to add another touch of realism. But it shouldn't have any type of point system involved.
    Yeah, I don't know what EA was thinking back then. That was just a massive disaster. Like I said earlier, it has a lot of potential and is a great idea in theory. It's just taking that theory and making it a reality. If EA can figure out a way to do that, then it could be an awesome addition to bring back. It's just going to depend on if EA could actually come up with that stroke of genius and make it work as to whether or not a reappearance of something along those lines would be a success or a massive failure just like the first time.

Yeah, I don't know what EA was thinking back then. That was just a massive disaster. Like I said earlier, it has a lot of potential and is a great idea in theory. It's just taking that theory and making it a reality. If EA can figure out a way to do that, then it could be an awesome addition to bring back. It's just going to depend on if EA could actually come up with that stroke of genius and make it work as to whether or not a reappearance of something along those lines would be a success or a massive failure just like the first time.
    I look at it as one of those things where if EA thinks they have a system that greatly outdoes the first iteration of it, then by all means introduce it to us. But if they insist it has some type of point system, then just let the suggestion go by the wayside.