Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In-Game Presentation & Atmosphere - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Just so you know, it would also, probably, be a huge "touch" to the graphics rendering ... so, unlikely to see that. But you never know, I suppose.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Just so you know, it would also, probably, be a huge "touch" to the graphics rendering ... so, unlikely to see that. But you never know, I suppose.
    HAHA! Truth be told mate! (sorry felt like Aussie rules for a second there, don't know why). Yeah I get that. I'm not demanding these by any means. But I don't know, a little thing like the pylons moving on contact (like madden has), would go a long ways imo. I was just thinking of a lot of "little things" that might be achievable. Don't have to put all of them in the game, just some ideas, and if one or two were added would really add even more to the immersement of it all. I must say, if not another thing were done in that particular area, it wouldn't be bad. They've done a marvelous job with that type of stuff.

Guys on OS thought I was being really picky but I was just noting one small thing. I see opposing players helping each other up a lot in some cut scenes. That's a nice little touch but in a rivalry game when Michigan is playing OSU I don't really care to see players helping the opponent up. I'd rather see more cut scenes of guys jawing at each other, a little pushing and shoving once in awhile, to show the intensity of the game. Rivalry games need a little bit more of that to set them apart.

Furthermore, the home crowd needs to be more nuts in rivalry games. I was Michigan playing at MSU in my 2nd year dynasty and I know MSU doesn't rank in the toughest places to play but I think it should have been tougher to audible or see my routes in that game. They need to give crowd noise boosts in those situations as well.

Sadly, I'm guessing that jawing, pushing and shoving, and the like would be rejected by the NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Sadly, I'm guessing that jawing, pushing and shoving, and the like would be rejected by the NCAA.
    Not if a 15 yard penalty was added for it! And you should be able to skip that animation if you don't want a penalty. You press a button and a teammate comes in and pulls the guy away! That would be awesome! Also add LATE HITS, and the 15 yard Penalty for such. However, just like everything else in the game, make it "subjective", in other words, a penalty would not be thrown everytime. And YES it would piss me off, but that's what happens sometimes those penalties aren't called and sometimes they are (at least the borderline ones), just like facemask penalties in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    That's a nice little touch but in a rivalry game when Michigan is playing OSU I don't really care to see players helping the opponent up.
    Though, surprisingly, when I watch Michigan/OSU, I see more players helping each other than I would imagine.

The more I watch OSU/Michigan, the more I think the majority of the rivalry is the fans and coaches, not the players

Besides, practically the only two people to fight were Boston and Woodson ...

Though, surprisingly, when I watch Michigan/OSU, I see more players helping each other than I would imagine.

The more I watch OSU/Michigan, the more I think the majority of the rivalry is the fans and coaches, not the players

Woodson certainly has had a great career in the NFL and Boston could have had a great career if he wasn't so obsessed about bulking up and being a body builder. The guy was over 260 at one point and was too muscle bound. I think a lot of his injury issues stemmed from his tendons and bones not being able to withstand the stress of the extra weight and pressure of his muscles.

If Michigan gets back to being good enough for that game, you'll see tempers flare more often. Right now it's a one sided affair after the 1st quarter. Sure the score is relatively close, but it's a straight butt whoopin'.

I get the feeling from Madden that Ian is trying to please the 2K5 crowd by putting in a lot of cut scenes. I think cut scenes are starting to get replaced by real time presentation. Just cutting to different players post play in real time is something I like. The baseball games have started doing this and it adds more variety as well as feels more natural. There is still a place for coach and fan cut scenes but I think those blatant ones need to be minimized.

I agree Rudy. More and more seamless, realtime celebrations, then just adjust camera to zoom on specific players while that's in progress. It looks better too, especially when it 'cuts back' to the "real time" action. Then you wouldn't have the issue of a hurt player celebrating or on field and on sideline players or anything like that.

Originally Posted by souljahbill

There are continuity errors with the cutscenes. I wish I had a way to record video but I've seen kickers make a field goal, then they show a cutscene of the kicker sitting on the bench with the team coming over and patting him on the shoulders, then it cuts back to the field where the kicker is standing around. I've also seen a scene where a cornerback made a sack, then they go to the running off the field cutscene, then it cuts back to the field where that same cornerback is standing around. I'm sure I'll see more as time progresses but those are 2 examples that come to mind.
    I've also noticed that when a player gets injured, they will show him riding off in the gator but then switch scenes to the same player walking around.
    Last edited by JTynes; 09-16-2010 at 06:50 PM.

We don't appear to have a Mascot specific thread, so I'll just post it here. I'd love to see a change to the Brutus Buckeye mascot. Right now, the towel Brutus wears at the waist is part of his model, so it expands and contracts with the upper legs (thighs) of the model. In real life, it's a towel. Since towels were added to the players this season, it'd be nice to see a simple towel added to the model next year, instead of the weird-looking towel they have now.

Of course, it's not a major need, I would hope that it'd be fairly simple.

haha, I don't think there are separate items with any mascot...

Yeah, I wouldn't think so. Though, off the top of my head, I can't think of any other mascots where their clothing or other item can expand/contract based on the model.

Yeah, I wouldn't think so. Though, off the top of my head, I can't think of any other mascots where their clothing or other item can expand/contract based on the model.
    Stanford Tree, I think...

If I win a regular game by a decent score, (like 24-7), can I NOT have players rolling around on the ground and jumping up celebrating like we did something special.

The ESPN Bottomline
    Different Broacdcasts - CBS, FCS, Versus
    *for regional games, have a generic broadcast

how about some kind of dynamic replays? i like what the broadcast cam replay does, in that it shows the play from 2 or 3 different angles. imagine having a replay that starts off from the press box, then switches to the view just behind the player, then as he gets near the goalline, the view switches to a goalline camera. this kind of leads into another idea:

more replay locations

notice the camera crews in the following pic:

they exist at all 4 corners of the playing field. why cant there be a static replay angle, set up at those two points, from the perspective of those 2 cameramen?

you'd get replay angles like these two:

No kidding, mvp. I had the EXACT same thought 2 or 3 days ago, lol. I like the idea.

Idaho Vandals - Kibbie Dome

Please update rendition of my favorite stadium in college football, the Kibbie Dome. Over the past 3 years the dome has undergone some drastic changes, so generally from the field it looks nothing like your latest rendition.

This is the dome pre-2009:

This is closer what the dome looks like now:

As you can see, huge difference. All Vandal fans have noticed! Can you help us out here????

Feel free to contact me. I would be glad to help in any way possible.

Dan
    animalstastegooood@yahoo.com