Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The waaaay-too-early NCAA 14 Wishlist Pre-Release Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    that plays into the college game perfectly with the tuck and run etc... if they just bring that down and add an option rating we could FINALLY discern between "scrambler" and "option" QB... i would pre-order the game July 11th if they would implement it as is in Madden and just add a few things for the QB as mentioned... not joking either... i am an OD junky
    Hopefully, they start giving QBs some actual speed. If there aren't any fast QBs, I'll probably be recruiting athletes who can play QB in '13.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Hopefully, they start giving QBs some actual speed. If there aren't any fast QBs, I'll probably be recruiting athletes who can play QB in '13.
    I can't remember for certain but I think you'll want to go after more of the athletes than QBs if you're looking to run a full spread option. I think you'll probably see QBs like you did in the past but now ATHs will be viable options for an option QB.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I can't remember for certain but I think you'll want to go after more of the athletes than QBs if you're looking to run a full spread option. I think you'll probably see QBs like you did in the past but now ATHs will be viable options for an option QB.
    I figured this would be the case. Since I'm not much of a passer anyway, a QB that can make 10-15 yd. throws 55% of the time works for me.

Add teams to Dynasty mode without having to replace another team.
    Ability to dissolve a Conference (WAC) by moving all teams to other Conferences to create SuperConferences.
    Ability to customize team entrance.

During recruit visits, show them on the sidelines and have them react to the game (if winning, have them clap and cheer; if losing, have them shake their heads and talk to each other like they are reconsidering).

It's going to sound like I'm oversimplifying both issues that need to be addressed, and how easy it will be to implement something that is, I'm sure, extremely complicated. That said ...

NHL's Hockey IQ -- get it "In The Game".

Reading that blog made NHL an almost instant-buy for me, which hasn't been the case for years (or even ever). The level of detail that the blog suggests is in the game (and I do temper my enthusiasm by noting that this is marketing, not actually proof) would be incredible in NCAA. The level of personality that differentiates one spread team from another. You guys all know that I'm a huge stat geek. Well there are stats all over the Web that attempt to numerically differentiate between the Floridas, Mississippi States, and Ohio States of the world. And I would love to see that kind of stuff in NCAA.

In addition, the NHL blog called out how, being honest about it, very few AI characters are actually "aware" of what's going on around them. Most often it relies on a trigger (a certain event happening) for the AI to become aware. The NHL blog suggests, at least, that this may no longer be the case for that series.

I imagine that EA Canada has a similar system already in (or lined up for) FIFA. Would love to see Canada and Tiburon collaborate and get the AI systems (or similar) in each other's titles.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

After watching G's scouting video, scouting HAS to be changed next year. It just has to. Get rid of the randomness and let the user select what they want to scout. Either make it so that 10 minutes=2 attributes or make it so that base attributes cost the least time and intelligence things cost the most but it HAS to change. It's a great addition but the randomness of the attribute unlock is horrible.

After watching G's scouting video, scouting HAS to be changed next year. It just has to. Get rid of the randomness and let the user select what they want to scout.
    As far as I can think, every sports game that has had scouting has made it random unlocks. Personally, if they made it so I could influence the scouting, it would be so easy that it wouldn't be fun for me. At least with the current system I'm running the risk that I'm going to find out attributes I don't care about. It's not all reward.

If they could design a system that was user-controlled by still held my interest, I'd be all for it. I'm just skeptical of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    As far as I can think, every sports game that has had scouting has made it random unlocks. Personally, if they made it so I could influence the scouting, it would be so easy that it wouldn't be fun for me. At least with the current system I'm running the risk that I'm going to find out attributes I don't care about. It's not all reward.

If they could design a system that was user-controlled by still held my interest, I'd be all for it. I'm just skeptical of that.
    Well, let's say you're looking at an athlete because you need a CB. Do you really care what his throwing power is? Sure, it'd be nice to know but that's not what you want to know. You wanna know his man coverage. What if that doesn't pop up until week 3 after spending 2 hours on him the preceding weeks. You could've better spent that time finding out what you want week 1 and if it's not satisfactory, dropping him off your board and replacing him. If guy #2 isnt good enough for you, then you drop and get guy #3 or whatever number until you've scouted the attributes you want. THEN you recruit him hard. That's a far more effective use of your scouting time then waiting for what you want to randomly pop up.

Well, let's say you're looking at an athlete because you need a CB. Do you really care what his throwing power is? Sure, it'd be nice to know but that's not what you want to know. You wanna know his man coverage. What if that doesn't pop up until week 3 after spending 2 hours on him the preceding weeks. You could've better spent that time finding out what you want week 1 and if it's not satisfactory, dropping him off your board and replacing him. If guy #2 isnt good enough for you, then you drop and get guy #3 or whatever number until you've scouted the attributes you want. THEN you recruit him hard. That's a far more effective use of your scouting time then waiting for what you want to randomly pop up.
    Yeah, it reminds me of the slot machine recruiting. They finally did away with that.

Well, let's say you're looking at an athlete because you need a CB. Do you really care what his throwing power is? Sure, it'd be nice to know but that's not what you want to know. You wanna know his man coverage. What if that doesn't pop up until week 3 after spending 2 hours on him the preceding weeks.
    Well, you do know his Man Coverage rating, to an extent ... you just don't know if it's right. But more often than not, it will be.

Using your alternative though ... okay, I add every ATH that has interest in my team. I scout their MCV, and then go after the guy that has the best. There's no challenge there (other than managing your time remotely well).

Plus, in reality, there are times that a coach gets halfway through the season and realizes that some kid isn't quite as good (or is better) than they thought. So I'm okay with the potential timeline.

Well, let's say you're looking at an athlete because you need a CB. Do you really care what his throwing power is? Sure, it'd be nice to know but that's not what you want to know. You wanna know his man coverage. What if that doesn't pop up until week 3 after spending 2 hours on him the preceding weeks.
    Well, you do know his Man Coverage rating, to an extent ... you just don't know if it's right. But more often than not, it will be.

Using your alternative though ... okay, I add every ATH that has interest in my team. I scout their MCV, and then go after the guy that has the best. There's no challenge there (other than managing your time remotely well).

Plus, in reality, there are times that a coach gets halfway through the season and realizes that some kid isn't quite as good (or is better) than they thought. So I'm okay with the potential timeline.

The challenge isn't suppose to be in the scouting. It's suppose to be in the recruiting (although I will say that finding the player the scores well in all the attributes you want can be a challenge too now that what is shown may not be what his actual grade is). The challenge is suppose to be in the recruiting. If you're Tulane and you found a 1* kid who you like, UL-Lafayette, UL-Monroe, and UTSA may have "discovered" him too and want a piece of that action. You still gotta get that commit or it was all for naught.

Back in last gen versions, or maybe even PS1, there were times when you'd see measurables change on a player. However, back then, nothing was ever drastic enough to be a deal breaker.

In RTG, I'd like to see player stats recorded.

what about making each rating scoutable up to 4 or 5 times? this would allow you to pick the ratings you want to scout, but also not be a one and one thing. it should also take multiple weeks, imo.