Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The waaaay-too-early NCAA 14 Wishlist Pre-Release Thread

• Facebook
  • Display

The waaaay-too-early NCAA 14 Wishlist Pre-Release Thread

I'm sure cdj will make the official threads at release but based on what we know pre-release, what do we want in '14 (besides the Infinity engine).

I stole this video from a Madden thread.

Scrap the current random scouting of 13 and make NCAA 14 scouting JUST LIKE THIS! The NCAA team can even keep the time mechanic. Just make the measurables (speed, strength, agility, etc) the least amount time, the position specific skills the next tier, and intelligence (awareness, play recognition) be the most time consuming. I LOVE Madden's scouting. Please, development team, steal it!
    Last edited by souljahbill; 06-11-2012 at 06:50 AM.

Continue dynasty from one version to the next
    In game saves
    Deeper and expanded Coaching Carousel
    Deeper and expanded Custom Conferences
    Positional coaching positions in coaching carousel (Special Teams coach, QB coach, WR coach, etc)

Those are the ones right this very moment off the top of my head. I'm sure I'll have many more later.

Infinity Engine and OL vs DL interaction along with WR vs DB interactions completely redone. QB ratings to match Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    Infinity Engine and OL vs DL interaction along with WR vs DB interactions completely redone. QB ratings to match Madden.
    I fully agree with all the interactions in the game needing a major overhaul (OL/DL on run plays, pass plays, short yardage blocking,and special teams blocking) (WR/DB need more effort animations for the WR on bad passes and on lobs, plus more dual effort break-ups and special catch animations).

I truly want to see a complete overhaul in the throwing style animations(need side-arm, 3/4 throwing motion, to go with the current over the top throwing style), running style animations(different styles for different body types and different tendency backs), and all the special moves need seperate move types based on rating <69 low level moves, 70-79 solid moves, 80-89 good moves, 90-99 elite special moves which should be rarely seen in the game).

I want to see effort animations for when the ball carrier is near the goal line or a first down marker on a crucial down(stick out the ball before knee is down and have high awareness defender grab arms to prevent this move). I want to see an actual QB sneak animation coupled with the appropriate OL/DL low to the ground blocking interactions. I want to see effort on lead blocking by my FB's, TE's and pulling OL no more ignoring the guy right in front to get to the guy behind him. I want to see effort to help out other blockers along the line by my OL, RB, and TE's when they aren't initally blocking anyone. I want to see the OL engage the DL properly on a screen pass before releasing. I want to see weaker ball carriers run out of bounds to avoid contact, big bruisers barrel over and/or carry or drag small DB's or under-sized LB's before being tackled or the defender being shrugged off for a beast mode run play. I want 100's of effort animations in NCAA 14 granted the infinity engine being enhanced just might achieve these effort plays next year, I can only hope.
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 06-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Continue dynasty from one version to the next
    x1000
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Real physics, better cpu AI that can run all college offenses and IN GAME SAVES!

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Please, development team, steal it! Josh Looman
    Fixed. One of my primary regrets from last year's Community Days is that I never got a chance to sit down with Josh. Would love to pick his brain for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Fixed. One of my primary regrets from last year's Community Days is that I never got a chance to sit down with Josh. Would love to pick his brain for hours.
    If he came up with the those ideas with player scouting in Madden, then yes, steal him, borrow him, make him the czar of football, whatever. That scouting video was brilliant. If I were getting Madden, I'd be more excited about that stuff then the Infinity engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he came up with the those ideas with player scouting in Madden, then yes, steal him, borrow him, make him the czar of football, whatever. That scouting video was brilliant. If I were getting Madden, I'd be more excited about that stuff then the Infinity engine.
    I'd expect he did. He's a Senior Designer, responsible for leading the design of franchise/CC, and was the lead designer of some game named Head Coach 09.

More equipment! Epuipment has been the same since '11!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    I'd expect he did. He's a Senior Designer, responsible for leading the design of franchise/CC, and was the lead designer of some game named Head Coach 09.
    Head Coach 09 you say? Never heard if it. :p

Head Coach 09 you say? Never heard if it. :p
    It's sounds like one of them newfangled techno thingies, them video game thingamajiggers.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    It's sounds like one of them newfangled techno thingies, them video game thingamajiggers.
    Oh! You mean pong right? Godamn I love that there game!

Banned
    Never gonna happen...... Stadium builder. As your record stays high over they years, your fan support goes up(more fans). The more sell out games you have the more you expand the stadium so that more people can be at the game. I want to be able to build a new stadium and or add on to the old one. UC's was only 15,000-20,000 a few years ago now its 35,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    Never gonna happen...... Stadium builder. As your record stays high over they years, your fan support goes up(more fans). The more sell out games you have the more you expand the stadium so that more people can be at the game. I want to be able to build a new stadium and or add on to the old one. UC's was only 15,000-20,000 a few years ago now its 35,000.
    Good idea in theory but even if schools would allow changes to the stadiums, the way they implement the stadiums into the game makes it impossible. We can't just add an upper deck on a real stadium and have it show up. The only way stadium builder would be possible would be if we were allowed to build a new one from scratch.

I wish for a co-op online team play in dynasty with the option for each user to be one of the coaches. Example: Player 1 is head coach, Player 2 is O-Coord., and Player 3 is D-Coordinator. Or the option to simply be just one coach position together.

Also, I'd love a co-op RTG option as well where each user can play their careers together. Example: You all play on the same high school team, then go off to college at different schools or the same.

HOLY CRAP... that scouting is SO nice...

Quote Originally Posted by xGRIDIRONxGURUx View Post
    HOLY CRAP... that scouting is SO nice...
    I know, right?

that plays into the college game perfectly with the tuck and run etc... if they just bring that down and add an option rating we could FINALLY discern between "scrambler" and "option" QB... i would pre-order the game July 11th if they would implement it as is in Madden and just add a few things for the QB as mentioned... not joking either... i am an OD junky