Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24

Thread: The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 20 - NCAA Football 13 Demo & E3 2012

  1. #1
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,883
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj

    The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 20 - NCAA Football 13 Demo & E3 2012

    In this edition of The Gaming Tailgate podcast, cdj, gschwendt, and JBHuskers discuss the recently released NCAA Football 13 demo and also recap E3 2012.


    The Gaming Tailgate Podcast is also available on iTunes. Copy the following address into iTunes or any other RSS client that supports enclosures:
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...hp?forumids=39

    To submit show feedback, ask a question, or suggest a topic for a future show, e-mail the guys at podcast@thegamingtailgate.com or post your thoughts below.

    Listen to the show here or right click and save as:
    Last edited by cdj; 06-10-2012 at 09:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,883
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj

    Article: The Gaming Tailgate Podcast Ep. 20 - NCAA Football 13 Demo & E3 2012


  3. #3
    Heisman SCClassof93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    5,722
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Zooropa_Returns
    Thanks guys! Makes "work" more enjoyable

  4. #4
    All-American Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dallas Metro
    Posts
    1,893
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Deuce1234
    Good stuff guys.

    ...the Nelson Muntz imitation was weak.

  5. #5
    Freshman Big Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor
    Posts
    121
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: BIG-_-BLUE
    Good listen.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    183
    They seem out of it... like no one cares about the game. And they don't talk about whats going on, they over analysis ever thing. Run ball gain 1 yard, they say (just a random example) "This is one of the best DF in the country this team is going to have a hard time running the ball and ect"...............Run for a 90 yard TD........"they are still talking about the great DF" 5 min later, O ya they score a TD.....

  7. #7
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,688
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    They seem out of it... like no one cares about the game. And they don't talk about whats going on, they over analysis ever thing. Run ball gain 1 yard, they say (just a random example) "This is one of the best DF in the country this team is going to have a hard time running the ball and ect"...............Run for a 90 yard TD........"they are still talking about the great DF" 5 min later, O ya they score a TD.....
    Wha?

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Wha?
    Kirk and whats his face. The people who talk in the game.

  9. #9
    All-American Jayrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Moscow, Id
    Posts
    1,569
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Jayrah33
    Steve... What are you saying? You don't even know who the other announcer is!?!?!? Nessler has been in the game for so many years now. And NORMALLY the analysis would fit but we pick plays so fast that we're to the next play in a blur. The analyzing (not analysising as you so eloquently put it) is good. There even needs to be MORE!

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayrah View Post
    Steve... What are you saying? You don't even know who the other announcer is!?!?!? Nessler has been in the game for so many years now. !
    Its more of a.............spelling problem............... then knowing the names

  11. #11
    Varsity beartide06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Semmes, AL
    Posts
    426
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pyric08
    Great podcast as usual, guys. Like the ending theme music

    I have a question for you guys. Do you guys feel that, in a few years, we could see the sporting genre fail to succeed and ultimately meet it's demise? Fifa seems to be one of the few series that may stick around for a very long time since it is a worldwide sports game. I ask this question because I am curious to hear the thoughts of everyone, and y'all pointed out how at E3, most people in that crowd seemed to not be interested in the sports games really. It seems that our society is being driven towards playing games that pull us in via the stories or causing us to feel an emotional attachment to the characters within the game. Obviously, people still play games for the fun and excitement, but it just seems more favored in the area of having that sense meaning to a character or story.

    Maybe I should make this question it's own thread? I felt it was somewhat relevant given the mentioning of people at E3 being less interested in sports than other games.

  12. #12
    Administrator JBHuskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln, NE
    Posts
    35,250
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: JBHuskers PSN ID: JBHuskers Steam ID: 76561198035858888 JBHuskers's Nintendo Network ID: JBHuskers JBHuskers's OriginID: JBHuskers
    I think it's more the fact that there really isn't a wow factor with sports titles at a stage like E3. There are plenty of sports titles that sell well. The E3 crowd just isn't the right crowd for them.

  13. #13
    Varsity beartide06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Semmes, AL
    Posts
    426
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: pyric08
    Well, do you think that in time the E3 crowd could take over primarily, and make most of the sports games obsolete?

    I know Madden and Fifa are two of the greatest selling gaming series of all time, but besides those two, do you think most, if not all, other sports games could disappear due to lack of popularity?

  14. #14
    Administrator gschwendt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    11,221
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: gschwendt
    Quote Originally Posted by beartide06 View Post
    Well, do you think that in time the E3 crowd could take over primarily, and make most of the sports games obsolete?

    I know Madden and Fifa are two of the greatest selling gaming series of all time, but besides those two, do you think most, if not all, other sports games could disappear due to lack of popularity?
    I think if sports games ever disappeared, it'd be due to lack of innovation and/or nothing new to add.

    When I think of MLB: The Show, I really couldn't tell you much of what has changed in the last few years. It's a great game but between being bored of it easily and the fact that 09 has most of what 12 has, why buy it?

    Obviously that's just my personal take but I can see sports games getting to the point and saying, so what CAN we add next.

  15. #15
    Heisman souljahbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Posts
    6,688
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: souljahbill14 PSN ID: souljahbill Wii Code: 3329 - 8987 - 9492 - 9939
    As long as humans are reproducing, there will always be a market for sports and their games. Old fans die and new fans are born.

  16. #16
    Heisman SCClassof93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    5,722
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Zooropa_Returns
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Steve View Post
    Its more of a.............spelling problem............... then knowing the names

    C H E C K S P E L L I N G is available

  17. #17
    Heisman SCClassof93's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Missoula, Montana
    Posts
    5,722
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: Zooropa_Returns
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I think if sports games ever disappeared, it'd be due to lack of innovation and/or nothing new to add.

    When I think of MLB: The Show, I really couldn't tell you much of what has changed in the last few years. It's a great game but between being bored of it easily and the fact that 09 has most of what 12 has, why buy it?

    Obviously that's just my personal take but I can see sports games getting to the point and saying, so what CAN we add next.
    I agree. Seems to me better A.I. that provides more realism instead of cheesy difficulty is the only place to go.

  18. #18
    Administrator cdj's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    12,883
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: cdj360 PSN ID: cdj Steam ID: cdjacobs cdj's OriginID: cdj
    I think the only thing that could kill off the sports gaming market would be unsustainable licensing costs.

  19. #19
    Hall of Fame SmoothPancakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    16,451
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Smooth Pancakes PSN ID: SmoothPancakes Steam ID: smoothpancakes SmoothPancakes's OriginID: SmoothPancakes
    Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    I think the only thing that could kill off the sports gaming market would be unsustainable licensing costs.
    Which with the way things are going with the professional and college leagues wanting more and more money, could become true down the road.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    C H E C K S P E L L I N G is available
    For some reason im guessing 1 of your 2 "swings" of the ban hammer is goona be on me....

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •