Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gameplay - NCAA Football 12 Wish List & Feedback

• Facebook
  • Display
    Must greatly improve the cpu's ability to run the spread. Either give us an option run blocking slider or boost the cpu (and human a bit) blocking for these plays. They don't work as well as a conventional running play.

Remove the QB slide from this game. That's a Madden/NFL feature that you rarely see in college and it looks dumb when a scrambling QB or a QB running the option tries to dive for more yards and it makes them do a baseball slide.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Remove the QB slide from this game. That's a Madden/NFL feature that you rarely see in college and it looks dumb when a scrambling QB or a QB running the option tries to dive for more yards and it makes them do a baseball slide.
    I disagree on this. Plenty of college QB's slide ... practically as many as you see dive, honestly. Most college QBs seem to be too foolish to do either one. I do agree that a QB running the option shouldn't slide, and I have thought that the team did a very good job of choosing when a player slides versus when he dives. I've seen a mix of both this year.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I don't see the slide that often when I play but every time I've seen it it's been done wrong. Usually it's because the cpu QB is trying to dive forward for the first down. You can tell that's what the QB wanted to do but the slide kicks in. I haven't seen this done well at all in NCAA 11.

Well, I'll agree with you that the logic could always use improvement. And I don't see too many running CPU QBs, so I was thinking about when I'm in control.

More than anything I was just putting in my two cents about the idea that college QBs don't slide.

I hope they have QBs scramble a lot more next year too. The QB logic is way too similar for all the QBs. I'll never forget one of my first NCAA games ever. That was against Texas A & M in NCAA '06. Reggie McNeal threw for 400 yards against me and also rushed for over 100 yards on scrambles. It was beautiful. Sometimes I think they should go back and study their old scramble logic from the PS2 era.

I think there are a lot of things from the PS2 days that deserve to be revisited, in terms of logic.

Though, to be fair, the reason Reggie McNeal (or any decent running QB) was able to put up 100+ on NCAA '06 was because of absolutely horrible defensive logic, as much as anything to do with the offense.

NCAA 06 was WIDE open gameplay - far more than NCAA 09 imo. It was easier to complete a deep pass than a 5 yard pass in that game. It was a lot of fun but I remember having to go to Heisman to fix some things. Very fond memories though.

Two small things that popped into my head recently.

One - kickoffs. There needs to be more variation on the length of the kicks imo. I usually only see a few yards variation when I kick the ball. In real life I will see a kicker put the ball a couple yards deep in the end zone on one kick and the next kick boot it only to the 5 or 6 yard line. Right now the variation in kick length for the user is less than 5 yards unless you are bad with the kick meter. I'd like to see it double.

Two - another difficulty level. I think many of us play at a level between AA and Heisman which a lot of people playing on AA but boosting the cpu to make it harder. I think it might be a good idea to rename All American to All Conference (3rd level) and then add a 4th difficulty level between the current AA and Heisman and call that All American. That would be harder and the folks that don't like to touch sliders would have a nice in between challenge. Again, not a big deal and I'm not sure how much the dev team wants to worry about tuning another difficulty level given their current problems.

Right now Heisman cpu kickers are still attempting way too many long kicks that have 0 chance of crossing the goal post. It's a Heisman only issue so this may be a bad idea.

ability to pick where we send our guys in motion (like moving a tight end to the other side of the line or put him back in a fullback spot). also should be able to send a guy in motion and then send him back to his original spot mid-motion.

real assignment ai could use some further tweaking. there's a couple instances late in my games, where if the cpu puts 8-9 guys up in the box, my linemen/t-end will get confused on who to block if he's lined up between 2 blitzing defenders. i mostly see this when i'm using a run heavy offense though. on the other hand, i'd like to see d-lineman get double teamed on passing plays. there's no reason for 2 of my o-linemen to just stand there looking for new threats to block. have them engage.

kind of off topic but i would like to see the player discipline aspects brought back. this could tie into gameplay with the addition of a discipline rating. a higher discipline rating would result to a smaller chance of a penalty resulting (linemen false-starting or holding, defensive players facemasking or roughing the passer etc). lower disciplined players would commit more penalties, obviously. additionally, offensive linemen with elite awareness ratings should rarely false start when doing a hard count. same goes for defensive linemen- elite awareness ratings should mean they rarely jump offsides.

I'd love to see a gameplan option or an audible option for shading DBs. You should be able to ask them to shade inside or outside to take away slants or quick outs. Giving users more defensive control like this would be nice.

Zones players dont really recognize the hot routes. If a play that has a cornerback in the flat and a Deep Safety over the top, and I hot route a LB to a Buzz zones and a Curl flat play is called. You now have two players covering the Curl to that side and no one covering the flat player. What should happen the Flat defender should recognize that somebody has his responsibilty covered and bump down to handle the flat attacker.

Along with this deficiency there should be something done about defenders just covering grass while in zone coverage.
    Last edited by Keontez; 05-12-2011 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'd love to see a gameplan option or an audible option for shading DBs. You should be able to ask them to shade inside or outside to take away slants or quick outs. Giving users more defensive control like this would be nice.
    I remember reading somewhere that in past games that there was a feature in past games that when you shaded inside or outside the corners would play a leverage and reroute receivers, THIS should be introduced back into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Keontez View Post
    Along with this deficiency there should be something done about defenders just covering grass while in zone coverage.
    I had a play last week where a player in Buzz Zone came running up full speed to cover a receiver in the flats. It shocked me because I couldn't remember seeing it before. However, the CPU took forever to throw on the play, so I think it happened because the CPU waited long enough that my DB actually went through some kind of progression / reaction process and recognized he needed to play the flat receiver. So maybe all the logic is there, it just doesn't loop fast enough.

The biggest difference between the NFL and NCAA is the mobile QB and yet this game does this so poorly. I'd love to see the logic on how often a cpu QB should scramble (almost never in this game) and how they determine it. It should be based on the speed and awareness of the QB. A faster QB should be more likely to take off. The NCAA team adds all these spy options to the game but they are never needed against the cpu. A smarter QB will probably stay in the pocket more as well.

Here's an example of a terrible decision by the cpu QB. He actually looks to scramble (hurray!) but then with nothing but open field and the end zone in front of him he throws it away! Are you kidding me?! The cpu's ability to run the spread and the scramble logic should be the #1 priority next year. Especially with all the buzz surrounding guys like Denard Robinson, Cam Newton, Taylor Martinez, etc. the mobile QB should be a huge emphasis next year. Dreadlocks for Shoelace should also be added.

Oh that was ugly.

The ability to stop a guy in motion. In NCAA 08 you could start your WR in motion and then if you wanted to send him back you could stop him half way through the motion and send him back to his original spot.

Also 08 was much easier to motion multiple people if you wanted to.

I didnt know you could motion multiple people. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    I didnt know you could motion multiple people. Am I missing something?
    Not switch multiple players alignment, but you can motion the TE and then motion him back if you don't like the set up and then motion the WR. However it's almost impossible with how slow the motion is. In older games it was easier to do.

OH BOY AM I PISSED! I struggled to make it down the field in the final 58 seconds of the game just now. I had 17 seconds to start a play from the 32 yard line and completed a pass to the 23 (just barely short of a first down and also just barely in my freshman kicker's range). First, the "hop on and try to strip" animation pops in, so my wr takes an extra 2 and 1/2 seconds going to the ground, then with 11 seconds to go, 3 seconds pass by while the interface starts to recognize that a game milestone has been achieved, down to 8. Then the milestone marker pops up and takes another 2 seconds for me to clear, down to 6. Meanwhile this whole time my team is standing in a stupified haze, while I am frantically trying to press the SPIKE IT button. After I click the button we're down to 5, and my team doesn't make it back to the line in time to get a play off!!!!! SO ANGRY AT THE STUPID INTERFACE OF GAME MILESTONES RIGHT NOW! I don't care if I see them, but DO NOT stop the game flow, and continue the game clock, for them to pop up! Are you kidding me EA? This has cost me a shot at a bowl this year as I was 3-6 and desperately trying to get back into the bowl picture with a furious winning streak. Also it has pissed me off, if you couldn't tell. I don't know where this goes so I'm posting on multiple threads! Can't possibly believe it right now. This is officially at the very top of my complaint list!
    Last edited by Jayrah; 10-08-2010 at 02:36 AM.

As of Oct. 30 2010... There has been 119 blocked Kicks/Punts..... And yet we still have a blocked kick animation that is used below the 1% percentage.