Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 Not Using Infinity Engine (Real Time Physics)

• Facebook
  • Display
    As a general rule hasn't madden been getting things first for years? Im not sure I really get the surprise or even the anger when that has always been the case. Outside of a couple of features Madden has always gotten the features first and then brought over to NCAA until this generation where they started trying to do things at the same time which I think anyone with some sense can say if it was a problem in one it was a problem in another.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    As a general rule hasn't madden been getting things first for years? Im not sure I really get the surprise or even the anger when that has always been the case. Outside of a couple of features Madden has always gotten the features first and then brought over to NCAA until this generation where they started trying to do things at the same time which I think anyone with some sense can say if it was a problem in one it was a problem in another.
    You are correct but it just feels worse right now. I guess I'm just really disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    You are correct but it just feels worse right now. I guess I'm just really disappointed.
    aww rudy's feelings are hurt. You have been asking for this for quite sometime so I bet you fell like this.....

WHEW! I was about to buy this pile of junk...

Looks like I won't be buying a product that is upgraded just slightly enough to force us into a purchase...

I will be going out and buying NCAA Football 04 and 06, where I can create my team, play a seamless game without glitches, and not waste my money for another year...

Fun, here I come, I'll miss OD but that was filled with glitches too....!

- VERY unsatisfied former customer

These in order so you know how I feel and where I know this thread is headed.
    Last edited by oweb26; 06-05-2012 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bvito4686 View Post
    WHEW! I was about to buy this pile of junk...

Looks like I won't be buying a product that is upgraded just slightly enough to force us into a purchase...

I will be going out and buying NCAA Football 04 and 06, where I can create my team, play a seamless game without glitches, and not waste my money for another year...

Fun, here I come, I'll miss OD but that was filled with glitches too....!

- VERY unsatisfied former customer
    Fixed that up for you, I may be older but I'm not blind yet

LOL, ok folks line up here and we can all jump at once

Hahaha, just kidding. I have said it so many times before so I'm sticking to what I've said. Clean up 12 and add little things for 13 and I'll be happy with the direction of the game. Now, to be clear I'm disappointed that the infinity engine didn't make NCAA this year but like it has been laid out by many here it just didn't happen for many reasons. I think someone posted about thinking of it this way earlier in this thread, think of Madden and this as the Beta for us for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    You are not getting my point. The Madden team decided at the beginning of the cycle to try to get it in, but if not it would be no harm no foul because nobody had any idea what they were trying. The NCAA team decided they did not want to try this year. I am sorry, after the issues with the release of NCAA last year, they should have aimed for the stars. Now, I am not saying this is how it went down for sure, but from the sound of the podcast this is the case. In my eyes, that is unacceptable.
    I don't know that you've got this exactly right Ryby, & the difference might be important. I don't think that Madden made the choice to try to include it from the start. I think what happened went something like this:

-Independent "infinity" team is established to develop physics with the goal of implementation for the '14 titles. Completely seperate from the team(s) actively working on Madden & NCAA.

-At somepoint in the dev cycle for Madden & NCAA, it was realized that a form of their engine could be ready in time for Madden but that it would not be able to be incorporated to NCAA.

The difference between that timeline & yours is the conscious decision not to try to use it on NCAA's part. I don't think they made a decision, I think it simply wasn't feasible. Again, not saying it doesn't SUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I don't know that you've got this exactly right Ryby, & the difference might be important. I don't think that Madden made the choice to try to include it from the start. I think what happened went something like this:

-Independent "infinity" team is established to develop physics with the goal of implementation for the '14 titles. Completely seperate from the team(s) actively working on Madden & NCAA.

-At somepoint in the dev cycle for Madden & NCAA, it was realized that a form of their engine could be ready in time for Madden but that it would not be able to be incorporated to NCAA.

The difference between that timeline & yours is the conscious decision not to try to use it on NCAA's part. I don't think they made a decision, I think it simply wasn't feasible. Again, not saying it doesn't SUCK!
    That's how I'm taking it all in as well Kwizzy right now the day after and letting things soak in a bit.

I've just put Madden 13 on my ignore list. Ignorance is bliss.

Watching video of madden then NCAA is too depressing.

It would have been nice to have RTP in NCAA Football 13 but it's not the end of the world. Being a huge College Football fan, I know I will still enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    but it's not the end of the world.
    Ummm, have you not visited the zombie thread?

Quote Originally Posted by NatureBoy View Post
    It would have been nice to have RTP in NCAA Football 13 but it's not the end of the world. Being a huge College Football fan, I know I will still enjoy it.
    I agree NatureBoy, I'm positive I'll still enjoy this game greatly. I'll also be really looking forward to 14

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Ummm, have you not visited the zombie thread?
    LMAO, If you haven't visited it you should

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I've just put Madden 13 on my ignore list. Ignorance is bliss.

Watching video of madden then NCAA is too depressing.
    If its done correctly it might be depressing to see, but I am sure there will be little quirks that will drive people nuts, especially with EA track record.

I was VERY Excited about all the changes the NCAA team has made from 12' to 13'

Not having Physics is a bumer, but, it doesn't change my excitement level for this game.

Something else I was just thinking about that I don't know if anyone has really mentioned. Yes it absolutely stinks that the RTP in Madden won't be in NCAA this year. That being said though, it's pretty exciting to know that EA is making a big commitment to integrating RTP into their titles. For years we've all been begging for this to happen & I find it comforting to know for sure now that those community wishes are being acted upon and will soon be a part of BOTH of these games. For instance, Rudy all of the things you have been talking about are now at least a possibility.

So I think once the shock & anger of it not being in '13 wears off a bit, you can start to get REALLY excited for where this tech could be for '14. Obviously this notion may hurt the sales of '13, and I think EA must realize this, but that really isn't my concern. Contrary to what some ppl will tell you, just because I'm a game changer, my concern with EA's sales is limited to the fact that I want the game to be great. I will still play & enjoy '13, as the feature set is pretty solid IMO. But I'm really starting to transform my inital disappointment into excitement for where this could lead us in next year's title.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeGee View Post
    I was VERY Excited about all the changes the NCAA team has made from 12' to 13'

Not having Physics is a bummer, but, it doesn't change my excitement level for this game.
    That pretty much how I feel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    Something else I was just thinking about that I don't know if anyone has really mentioned. Yes it absolutely stinks that the RTP in Madden won't be in NCAA this year. That being said though, it's pretty exciting to know that EA is making a big commitment to integrating RTP into their titles. For years we've all been begging for this to happen & I find it comforting to know for sure now that those community wishes are being acted upon and will soon be a part of BOTH of these games. For instance, Rudy all of the things you have been talking about are now at least a possibility.

So I think once the shock & anger of it not being in '13 wears off a bit, you can start to get REALLY excited for where this tech could be for '14. Obviously this notion may hurt the sales of '13, and I think EA must realize this, but that really isn't my concern. Contrary to what some ppl will tell you, just because I'm a game changer, my concern with EA's sales is limited to the fact that I want the game to be great. I will still play & enjoy '13, as the feature set is pretty solid IMO. But I'm really starting to transform my inital disappointment into excitement for where this could lead us in next year's title.

So when are getting this ncaa news or was it already put out there and i missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by will41 View Post
    So when are getting this ncaa news or was it already put out there and i missed it.
    Nothing yet...should be today sometime.