Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: NBA 2K13 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Good heavens this game has presentation out the wazoo and some of the best commentary out there. That is the last thing 2K needs to work on. Having their servers actually online would be nice. I was disconnected twice just updating my players stats.

Never really got into the My Player mode before but just started a career and it is really fun. They cover just about everything a NBA player does outside of making child support payments. Also there is a glitch right now where you can purchase VC points really cheap - 5000 points are 80MP, so I built up my player to something tolerable to play with since VC points are hard to come by.

My Team mode is moronic, as I think most of these Ultimate team things are. I am the Bulls with a bunch of random players and coach playing on the Timberwolves court in a Jazz throwback uniform. This is a mess that I will not make the mistake of clicking on again.

P.S. WTF is with all the flashing gold backgrounds in the menus? Damn Jay-z, you wonder why people get stereotyped. Oooh, I can buy a Platinum Jewelry set and bump my skillz at the same time.

P.S.S. Please make a college game again.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Good heavens this game has presentation out the wazoo and some of the best commentary out there. That is the last thing 2K needs to work on. Having their servers actually online would be nice. I was disconnected twice just updating my players stats.

Never really got into the My Player mode before but just started a career and it is really fun. They cover just about everything a NBA player does outside of making child support payments. Also there is a glitch right now where you can purchase VC points really cheap - 5000 points are 80MP, so I built up my player to something tolerable to play with since VC points are hard to come by.

My Team mode is moronic, as I think most of these Ultimate team things are. I am the Bulls with a bunch of random players and coach playing on the Timberwolves court in a Jazz throwback uniform. This is a mess that I will not make the mistake of clicking on again.

P.S. WTF is with all the flashing gold backgrounds in the menus? Damn Jay-z, you wonder why people get stereotyped. Oooh, I can buy a Platinum Jewelry set and bump my skillz at the same time.

P.S.S. Please make a college game again.
    2K8 College Hoops was so.... deep and solid (for its time). I'll probably fire it up again soon and download someone's 12-13 roster set.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I still haven't played the Jordan stuff on 2K11 either.
    I was just saying this yesterday.

I want to get me another copy of 2K11 somewhere for cheap so I can finish that stuff. I always knew I'd buy that version again.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    They are the same ones that raved about 2k12, then everyone realized that it was the same old shit, because it is.
    Haha I bought '12 in March...played a handful of games and traded it in within a few weeks.

Can you download updated rosters for another user or anything? If you could, I would do it for 2K11.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Can you download updated rosters for another user or anything? If you could, I would do it for 2K11.
    Nope, because 2k turned the fuckin' server off for the 2k11 games, so you can't.

Current meta is 91, which means it's better than FIFA 13.

It is indeed amazing. Best sports simulation I've ever played probably. The attention to detail and the actual game play is top notch. Mode wise it's severely lacking, especially online, but as fun as it is to actually play, it's easy to forget about the lack of in depth online.

I got this game at Christmas and am getting into it more now as I'm transitioning away from Madden. The tutorials helped me a lot as I was lost early on with the controls. Very different from Live. I wish I could actually skip some of the presentations. Drives me nuts waiting to get the ball from the ref on out of bounds plays. I am having fun but there are a couple of things that are bugging me about this game. It has a really sluggish feel on defence. I actually wish Madden had the type of momentum that NBA 2K has for players. How football players on grass and cleats can cut better than very athletic basketball players in a gym just doesn't make sense.

Two - the game seems to be very offensive in terms of ratings. Offensive ratings seem to matter a lot, particularly the shooting ratings. I win or lose based on how well I shoot. Same for defence - it only seems to matter how well they shoot.

Defensive ratings themselves seem fairly useless. I was playing the Heat with the Pistons and lost by 10. I was happy I only lost by that amount but many times they had LeBron at the 4 and he was matched up by Maxiell or Villanueva on the wing. He should have been destroying them on the way to the rim or getting off any shot he wanted other than being in the post. Instead I watched Maxiell stop him far easier than I expected. In general, penetration to the rim is not impacted nearly enough by the opposing defensive player. Is it just me? I haven't played that much but this is what I'm seeing in my short time with the game. It makes defensive players pretty useless in the game imo (at least wings and guards).

I should note I am on All-Star using mkmarsh's sliders (for the most part) from OS iirc.
    Last edited by Rudy; 02-09-2013 at 07:50 AM.

Is fast break passing still shit like it was last year?
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Is fast break passing still shit like it was last year?
    If you have an 80+ rating in passing, it's not.

The cpu can fast break for sure and I can do it once in awhile but I can't compare it to any other NBA 2K. The only basketball games I've owned this gen are NBA Live 09 and 10. NBA Live 10 still looks and plays good imo. It doesn't look completely outdated. I had downloaded an updated roster set although some of the tendencies are off. Omar Asik is a black hole on the Rockets for crying out loud.

Use these sliders here. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html They make the game play and feel so much better. It's also very realistic. You can tell the different traits of players and every game feels different like it should be. At the bottom he also has adjustments that should be made if you are playing in Association mode which I am. I am already in Year 4 of my Association which is farther than I have gotten in the previous two 2K games combined. I only picked up the game after Black Friday when they released the patch.

The 2013 NBA All-Star game kicks off on February 15, and to celebrate 2K Sports is hosting a weeklong sale on NBA 2K13 content, from February 12 - 19. Included in the sale is the game itself, for 50 percent off – $30 in the US for Xbox 360 and PS3, and $10 for PSP. The iOS and Android version is $3, down from $8.

The "All Star Presented by Sprite" content pack is half-off, for 200 MSP on Xbox 360 or $2.50 on PS3, and snag 10,000 virtual currency for 120 MSP or $1.50. All sale content offered for Sony devices is available in North America only.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/12/nb...week-of-sales/

Hmmmmmm.....

Wish it was Vita not PSP.

If I can get this for $20, I might be worth a dive into a quick season with the Celtics on the PS3 side.

Wanted to put it out there for everyone - if you're interested in joining the TGT Online Association sign-up here: http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...Sign-up-thread