Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2K13 Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    No, they said "decisive role" in announcing. Though I don't know how you can really be decisive about that ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    No, they said "decisive role" in announcing. Though I don't know how you can really be decisive about that ...
    Whoops.

Not sure how I missed the 'announcing' part of that sentence. And yeah, the cover is going to come out no matter what. Just because a bunch of people sit there tweeting a hashtag, what are they going to do if the numbers they want aren't met, just release the game with coverless case? Sure, this whole thing is nothing but a way to get their twitter hashtag out there, possibly trending, and try to drum up a load of support on the social networks, but they could have come up with some sort of better marketing pitch for this whole thing.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    2k is so damn dumb in their social media department. They haven't clue how to do this shit or what to do with it when they get it right (2k12 commercials with NBA players playing with Jordan - AMAZING; this shit - )

My NBA Live Pad: NBA 2K13 Cover Clues Revealed

It appears Rose, Griffin, & Durant will be the cover athletes.

The gameplay from this series is solid but I HATE NBA basketball. IF 2K would re-introduce College Hoops and literally just import the NBA graphics and gameplay and leave the 2K8 career mode in the game I'd play it non stop. Unfortunately, I just cannot get into an NBA game and when I buy/rent it inevitably it just collects dust.

So they took out the 3pt and dunk contest so they could add it via DLC? Wow, and EA gets hammered for their DLC but at least they have never taken GAME MODES out so they could charge more for them later.

Cover has been revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    So they took out the 3pt and dunk contest so they could add it via DLC? Wow, and EA gets hammered for their DLC but at least they have never taken GAME MODES out so they could charge more for them later.
    That's somewhat correct. The previous 3-point shootout and dunk contest were part of that Sprite streetball mode/backdrop as EA had the exclusive license for All-Star Weekend events. I don't know if those have been pulled in 2K13, but in an earlier video (it is in this thread) the All-Star Slam Dunk contest has a totally different mechanic than the Sprite dunk contest - now it is basically Guitar Hero-esque. I'm not sure if the three-point shootout uses existing or new mechanics.

IIRC, the All-Star stuff is a pre-order bonus. Maybe it will be free to all later in the season? If they were smart, they would do so around All-Star Weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Cover has been revealed.

I like the cover athletes, but that design is terrible. It looks like someone relatively new to Photoshop made it. Cover athlete should generally show waist up so you can actually make out faces. Maybe the full-scale image looks better, but I'm not a fan of the design. It would have been cool if they could have merged action shots so it looks like Rose passing to Griffin with Durant either guarding or waiting to watch the shot.
    /cover snob

Again, I do like the three cover athletes, but for a company struggling to make ends meet, I'm not sure why they keep investing so heavily in cover athletes & marketing campaigns. I'm thinking the law of diminishing returns has to be kicking in soon (if not already).

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Cover athlete should generally show waist up so you can actually make out faces.
    Exactly my thought...like this:

"We have one of the biggest announcements ever," Argent vowed, "if not the biggest ever in the history of the 2K Sports franchise ever coming in a couple of weeks. I think you'll be surprised. Pleasantly."

Courtesy: Kotaku

"We have one of the biggest announcements ever," Argent vowed, "if not the biggest ever in the history of the 2K Sports franchise ever coming in a couple of weeks. I think you'll be surprised. Pleasantly."

Courtesy: Kotaku
    NBA 2K to allow you to play high school; college and/or NBA basketball like the old SNES Football game:

The infusion of college definitely would be a BIG announcement.

pastapadre speculates it may be the announcement of the Dream Team or something Olympics-related. Though he comments that if that were so, you would think the cover would reflect it in some regard.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie

Nothing they add to the game is going to change the fact that they ruined the one good aspect of their game by making a playcall system that barely worked COMPLETELY unusable now.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that now, more than ever, dribble moves are nearly impossible to pull off when you want to.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that their game is basically unplayable because of how poor the spacing is on the court 95% of the time.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that their game is BARELY a representation of what basketball actually looks like because you can't even run a simple pick and roll play without something messing up because of the absolutely ATROCIOUS playcalling system.

So, color me COMPLETELY skeptical when they say they have something to offer that is going to make me excited for their game.

- There will be a non-feature NBA 2K13 announcement tomorrow. Not sure what this may entail...

- From 2K Community Manager Ronnie Singh: "There's an exact purpose for new Twitter account @NBA2KOnline to be discussed in this week's Weekly Update Friday- http://2kgam.es/2KSportsWeeklyUpdates "

I would guess the announcement centers on online infrastructure improvements.
    Last edited by cdj; 06-27-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post

Nothing they add to the game is going to change the fact that they ruined the one good aspect of their game by making a playcall system that barely worked COMPLETELY unusable now.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that now, more than ever, dribble moves are nearly impossible to pull off when you want to.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that their game is basically unplayable because of how poor the spacing is on the court 95% of the time.

Nothing they add is going to change the fact that their game is BARELY a representation of what basketball actually looks like because you can't even run a simple pick and roll play without something messing up because of the absolutely ATROCIOUS playcalling system.

So, color me COMPLETELY skeptical when they say they have something to offer that is going to make me excited for their game.
    But, like, it's like, one of the greatest games in, like, the history of mankind (right behind NFL 2K5) because, like, it's made by 2K Spots.

I like the cover athletes, but that design is terrible. It looks like someone relatively new to Photoshop made it. Cover athlete should generally show waist up so you can actually make out faces. Maybe the full-scale image looks better, but I'm not a fan of the design. It would have been cool if they could have merged action shots so it looks like Rose passing to Griffin with Durant either guarding or waiting to watch the shot.
    /cover snob

Again, I do like the three cover athletes, but for a company struggling to make ends meet, I'm not sure why they keep investing so heavily in cover athletes & marketing campaigns. I'm thinking the law of diminishing returns has to be kicking in soon (if not already).
    I don't think it's a problem to show the guys not so up close and personal. But I'm sick of their red background on everything. The cover was awesome in 2K11 but they need to change it up now. This cover style is basically the same as last year.

I could never get into NBA 2K because I never liked the controls. The dribble moves were tough and floor spacing felt congested like Mors said. When I messed around with the demo last year I had a million passes intercepted too. I read the passing was a negative last year. That's why I was hoping for Live to continue from Live 10 but E3 made it sound bad. I just like to play an NBA game once in awhile between good games so it's not a big deal for me if I don't buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I don't think it's a problem to show the guys not so up close and personal. But I'm sick of their red background on everything. The cover was awesome in 2K11 but they need to change it up now. This cover style is basically the same as last year.
    That is true. That big wave of red doesn't help the cause or design. If it were gray or white, I think the player placement wouldn't be quite so bad IMO.

2K Sports today announced that the NBA® 2K13 Dynasty Edition will be available on October 2, 2012 for $99.99 on the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. Limited quantities of the Dynasty Edition are being produced and fans are encouraged to pre-order at participating retailers.

In addition to a full retail copy of NBA 2K13 – the next installment of the top-rated and top-selling NBA video game simulation franchise* – the Dynasty Edition will include the all-new downloadable NBA 2K13 All-Star add-on content presented by Sprite, an exclusive NBA 2K13 full-sized basketball from Spalding® and Art of Basketball, exclusive 2K Sports Ink’d earbuds from Skullcandy, and an NBA 2K13 basketball textured controller skin from Skinit.

Pass.