Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 4th Madden Gameplay Reveal

• Facebook
  • Display

June 4th Madden Gameplay Reveal

There is speculation that this reveal on June 4th will be big AND also be included in NCAA. Here is something that someone posted on Pastapadre's site:

I had just gotten word from a friend of a friend who is a dev-tester for EA Tiburon. He is testing the game for the E3 presentations upcoming in June. He said this..."Madden 13 will BLOW YOUR MIND...", and..."Absolutely no one is prepared for what they will finally see on June 4th...", and the best quote from him..."This makes Backbreaker look like a game that was created by elementary kids..." WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU!!!! YES!!!! There should be some form of RTP implemented in Madden 13 for sure! He also went on to say that all of the gameplay videos for both Madden and NCAA 13 are from last years build with the new features thrown in...There has NOT been one gameplay video that are fully the '13 editions regarding gameplay. He did say one accidently sneaked out during the presentation blog for Madden 13...Can we say the Bengals vs. Steelers opening kickoff, anyone? THAT WAS RTP on tackling..."EA is gonna steal E3 this year...I promise!" He couldn't go into details as I was grilling him with questions...I KNOW FOR A FACT IT IS REAL-TIME PHYSICS! It has to be...So pumped right now...LOL!
    This would be cool if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    There is speculation that this reveal on June 4th will be big AND also be included in NCAA. Here is something that someone posted on Pastapadre's site:

This would be cool if true.
    First, if that's true for NCAA, their marketing team are fucking idiots. Let's sit here putting out all these videos, doing the gameplay webcast, putting out Quick Clips every Thursday, with last year's build of the game with some of the new features tagged on to make it look like it's directly from 13.

Second, the first reason alone makes me believe any speculation that it would be true for NCAA is completely false. They would not sit there doing the gameplay webcast and all these videos with a previous year's game for months just for the sake of "hiding" real-time physics so Madden could make the big announcement/reveal in June at E3.

Also, I'm not sure how "This makes Backbreaker look like a game that was created by elementary kids..." makes that guy instantly, immediately think that it could not possibly be ANYTHING other than RTP. Now I'm not saying I don't hope it is, because if RTP does make it's way into Madden (after experiencing and loving it in the NHL series), that may just get me to buy Madden on release this year. But I don't get how this guy can take one sentence about a feature blowing away what Backbreaker was, and immediately think it means RTP.

The simplest way to determine yes or no would be for one of the NCAA community day guys to respond about this. While if it is true, obviously they can't confirm it, but I would imagine if it was not true and RTP really will not be in NCAA in any form or fashion, they would allowed to say so and confirm that it will indeed not be in NCAA.

I have no idea what June 4th entails but everything about NCAA gameplay has already been revealed... unless they were completely hiding it from us as well (no). My best thoughts are that June 4th is either indeed RTP (I have my doubts) or is somehow Kinect related (since we know it's in but haven't heard anything). I can't imagine the Kinect related stuff would warrant so much attention and hype so we'll have to see.

It'd be great but I don't see it happening. But who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I have no idea what June 4th entails but everything about NCAA gameplay has already been revealed... unless they were completely hiding it from us as well (no). My best thoughts are that June 4th is either indeed RTP (I have my doubts) or is somehow Kinect related (since we know it's in but haven't heard anything). I can't imagine the Kinect related stuff would warrant so much attention and hype so we'll have to see.
    Yeah, I know EA has received much undeserved criticism and complaints in the past, but if they tried to pull that (hiding it from you guys and hiding it from everyone in these videos until it's shown at E3), then I would be right there in line criticizing them and calling them out on that, because that would be monumentally stupid, even for EA.

As for Madden, if it really is RTP, like I said in my first post, great! After experiencing RTP in the NHL series, I would love to see it eventually come to Madden and NCAA, and if Madden has RTP this year, like I said, that might just be enough to get my to buy Madden on release (since the NFL football bug has been biting me lately and I nearly bought Madden 12 off of ebay earlier this week), but as for NCAA, I just can't see EA even being so moronic as to try something like using video from NCAA 12 for the gameplay webcast and all these videos we're seeing and hiding it from the community day guys just so they could use it at E3 to have Madden steal the show.

Ya, obviously some of the Madden GC's have seen and played this 'monumental change' yet none of the NCAA have? I'd bet dollars to donuts it's not in NCAA.

But man, if it's everything they're saying it is I'd love to be wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    so Madden could make the big announcement/reveal in June at E3.
    Yes, actually, they would. It may not be the best decision in the world, but yes, yes they would. NCAA never gets the stage at E3, and Madden often does. Madden is the vastly superior brand with the vastly larger audience. So yes, they would absolutely do that.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yes, actually, they would. It may not be the best decision in the world, but yes, yes they would. NCAA never gets the stage at E3, and Madden often does. Madden is the vastly superior brand with the vastly larger audience. So yes, they would absolutely do that.
    Well, alright, now that you put it that way, maybe I am giving EA and their marketing team too much credit. But still, even if RTP is what the big secret thing is for Madden, I just could not see EA making a bunch of videos using NCAA 12 with NCAA 13 features "plugged in" and go through the entire gameplay webcast already, just so they didn't have to reveal that RTP was in both NCAA and Madden.

If anything, the way I would see it playing out (if EA's marketing team has any level of competence) would be to put RTP in Madden this year and thus allow Madden to steal E3 this year like they want to. Then next year, with NCAA 14, implement RTP into NCAA 14 and announce it normally with the gameplay webcast or have it's own "mini-release announcement" sometime during the feature release cycle in the spring for NCAA.

That way Madden gets to steal E3 this year and have the spotlight, and then NCAA gets RTP eventually, there just won't be such a massive deal made out of it from EA like there is/would be with Madden. So if Madden really does get RTP this year, we could probably start hoping/speculating/praying for RTP in either NCAA 14 or NCAA 15.

I would be shocked if it was RTP for Madden. Kinnect/Move seems to be the most likely aspect. That does nothing for me personally. It would be nice to see RTP but at this point I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I would be shocked if it was RTP for Madden. Kinnect/Move seems to be the most likely aspect. That does nothing for me personally. It would be nice to see RTP but at this point I have my doubts.
    But Microsoft already "shook the world" with Kinect this and Kinect that at last year's E3. There was more Kinect than I could count (and more than I couldn't care less about) at E3 last year.

I have been following this on OS for the last few weeks, and it seems as thought the Madden CD guys just found out what this new addition was withing the last few weeks at their most recent Community Day. The devs had whatever the new addition is "turned off" in the builds they had been playing.

Well, alright, now that you put it that way, maybe I am giving EA and their marketing team too much credit.
    No, actually, I think you're not . I know you already know this, but you cannot understate how much video game companies are emphasizing E3. It downsized in 2007 and 2008, but since 2009 it has come back with a huge wave of hype behind it. You've got two channels (Spike and G4) devoting hours of coverage, you've got online coverage from dozens of websites, and, perhaps most importantly, investors are watching it like hawks. Companies will absolutely keep the wraps on everything they can in an effort to get a big E3 bump.

The fact that both the "monumental change" and "Connected Careers" is listed for June 4 is not a coincidence, IMO. Get a big amount of hype for gameplay and some-kind-of-Franchise-mode in the same day? That'd be huge for EA.

But still, even if RTP is what the big secret thing is for Madden, I just could not see EA making a bunch of videos using NCAA 12 with NCAA 13 features "plugged in" and go through the entire gameplay webcast already, just so they didn't have to reveal that RTP was in both NCAA and Madden.
    See, now I think you're giving them too much credit. The answer to that could be as simple as when the videos were made versus what features were in it at the time. They've never said these were "final" videos. Tommy, Chris and others would likely agree with me that the game drastically changed from our visit in April to our visit in May, then further to what was on the final disc. There's a lot of tweaking and changing going on. It would certainly be possible to hold that back.

As well, I'm 99% sure there's one aspect of NCAA, that will affect gameplay, that hasn't been revealed yet. Unless it was and I just didn't see it. I think Tommy's just forgetting (if I haven't just overlooked it )

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Kinnect/Move seems to be the most likely aspect.
    Of the two, Kinect (with its voice recognition) is the only real likely one to me. I don't see actual motion control coming to the game anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    The devs had whatever the new addition is "turned off" in the builds they had been playing.
    Hey, look, that sounds familiar!

As for "what would EA go through to keep something hidden": http://kotaku.com/5852433/how-ea-spo...-sinking-blitz

How could you play Madden with Kinect? I just don't know how motion controls can translate into a decent football game. Golf yes, football no.

Either way I'm intrigued about the Madden June 4th update. I'd love to find out if that reveal would be in NCAA as well even if I don't know what it is. I doubt EA would tip that info though at this point.

Didn't one of the NCAA marketing releases mention something about a 'new collision system'?

How could you play Madden with Kinect?
    Not gonna happen.
    I just don't know how motion controls can translate into a decent football game.
    What, this isn't decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Didn't one of the NCAA marketing releases mention something about a 'new collision system'?
    NCAA 12 did, yes. Haven't seen that mentioned this year.

LOL. That video is terrible. I can't even be bothered to watch more than 10 seconds of that let alone play it. I don't get why companies try to turn everything into motion sports. It just doesn't work.

If you want to go to that extreme... cut out the middle man and sign up to play community football. Wow! That video just makes me shake my head.

When motion gaming started to take off, I was worried that one day we'd see games where my ability to win the game would be impacted by my physical skills. After seeing that, I'm confident that will never be the case for at least your average/regular game.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    NCAA 12 did, yes. Haven't seen that mentioned this year.
    dude, sometimes I hate the fact you always know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    dude, sometimes I hate the fact you always know what you're talking about.
    Pssst ... I Googled it