Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Episode #5 of EA SPORTS NCAA Football 13 Podcast

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I imagine the other part of the issue is dynamically pulling in Team Builder logos into the screens for Studio Update & the Bottom Line, though that's just my assumption as to why they're not included in the Bottom Line.
    I thought the logo was baked into the dynasty though when you initially started it. So it should just be pulling logo #124 or whatever the Teambuilder team would be. Though with the possibility of 12 TB teams, that could get overly complicated.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

TB stuff is disappointing. So, if I have a 12 team TB conference the only updates I'll likely get are top twenty five scores that likely don't pertain to me? Probably nothing at all related to my own conference then?

Quote Originally Posted by Noles94 View Post
    TB stuff is disappointing. So, if I have a 12 team TB conference the only updates I'll likely get are top twenty five scores that likely don't pertain to me? Probably nothing at all related to my own conference then?
    From the sounds of it, unfortunately no. It sounds like some sort of either coding issue or there's the issue of getting the name (or nickname), both of which would have to be recorded by Rece Davis, which would take forever with as many names/nicknames as EA has in the game, and custom logo to show up in the updates. So some sort of hangup preventing it. Maybe next year in NCAA 14 or somewhere down the road the team will be able to get the coding and any other issues all sorted out to allow TB teams to be included in the updates.

Guess I won't be playing with a TB team this year.

Honestly, I used teambuilder in NCAA 10 and haven't touched it since. Therefore, the issue with dynasty updates and teambuilder doesn't bother me. However, I can understand why others would be upset. Regardless though, I think we can all agree that the updates will add a ton if immersion to this game. The more I think about this feature the more it excites me.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Honestly, I used teambuilder in NCAA 10 and haven't touched it since. Therefore, the issue with dynasty updates and teambuilder doesn't bother me. However, I can understand why others would be upset. Regardless though, I think we can all agree that the updates will add a ton if immersion to this game. The more I think about this feature the more it excites me.
    Agreed. I can finally care about what's happening from week to week. Right now, the only way I get to check out what's going on is to either sim games before or after I play my game. Now I can let these games play out on their own and see them progress while I play mine. So if I'm in the middle of a conference title race, now instead of either simming before or after my game, I can watch what happens during my game and feel the pressure during my game based on what's happening elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Agreed. I can finally care about what's happening from week to week. Right now, the only way I get to check out what's going on is to either sim games before or after I play my game. Now I can let these games play out on their own and see them progress while I play mine. So if I'm in the middle of a conference title race, now instead of either simming before or after my game, I can watch what happens during my game and feel the pressure during my game based on what's happening elsewhere.
    And THIS is the coolest part of studio updates. The immersion of actually being part of the week "in progress" and knowing important scores as they relate to you, as opposed to playing the game and then not knowing anything till the next week, is even bigger to me than the feature itself. I LOVE scoreboard watching and my game will become that much more important.

Also going in a little different direction because of some of our recent banter, I would like to re-point out that there are different ways of approaching the game. For example the way I personally recruit, this added scouting and recruiting is going to take even more time, and I like it. Just because I like a bit of a break between my games to make it feel like I'm moving to a new week. Playing one game after another is what some guys want to do, but I'm the guy that appreciates the in-between time where I make the decisions (in areas like recruiting, playbook, form subs, matchups etc) that will shape my team. I never used to be that guy, but the older I get, the more it means to me. I don't like to spend so much time that I never get to the game, because the games are why I play, but I just love the little stuff also. That is why people that say "screw everything else just give me gameplay and true to life sock length" really get under my skin. And no "Avross", you're not the only one .

The Ncaa Football Series is more than gameday and gameplay. It's the newly signed recruit that's going to be the next "record setter" for your school. It's Espn the Magazine's take on your conference before the season even starts. It's the Saturday Gameday buildup of landscape-changing-matchups that we'll be "watching" from Saturday morning till late Saturday evening, all across the country. It's the implication of this weeks upcoming game for your team against the next team in your way of the Conference crown, or a specific Bowl game, or just plain pride! It's the feeling that every play matters in the outcome of your season and that every next play will be better, in fact, it'll be 6!

Realistically, if you play game to game without taking time to appreciate some of this extracurricular stuff in the in-between time, you'll always be overly anal and never experience the game for what it's meant to be: A game that stirs emotions that only college football can, a way to bring a little piece of the Saturday experience to you on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and a way to play out ALL of the aspects that make up college football so that YOU have control of YOUR teams' successes and failures. True, not all of the above mentioned things are represented well in the game (like gameday for example), but it's getting closer, IF you are willing to play it all out with the knowledge that not everything is going to play or even look absolutely perfect on the field.

All I'm sayin' is: Have some fun with this new stuff instead of getting caught up in what it doesn't do for YOU. I'm not saying don't be critical and don't bring fixable issues to the table. I'm sayin' when the EA team works their butt off, don't dismiss it because you would've done it different. Maybe socks are an easy fix and shoulda been included (honestly until about 2 weeks ago I never even noticed or heard it was something that needed to be looked at), and maybe neutral site games should have been included (who knows maybe they tried and couldn't get the rights to all the stadiums they want to include if their gonna do it, or it broke something and they can't find the fix yet so they have to hold off so we don't get a broken game). Maybe TB teams shoulda been included in the updates (Holy crap the amount of names to include are going to be a long, long, long list though) and maybe Coach Carousel has a million better features to add that need adding. But good god I never thought they would add scouting and a whole new recruiting system along with something like studio updates and go to the amount of stadiums they went to for crowd noise. And I had no idea they would put so much effort into changing the entirety of the passing game the way they have (by the way they worked on the qb, wrs, rbs, Lbs and dbs this season). And I also had no idea there were 430 ways to catch a football.

We don't have to be yes men, but the team worked hard this year and showed they're willing to work even harder in the future on things we do care about. I appreciate that and will praise them for their efforts in the areas they addressed, even if I want different things than what they gave us.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    God damn Jayrah.

I want to go hit something in the mouth so my team can get a first down on 4th and inches now.

Jayrah is the big, early favorite for TGT MVP for May. Nice work, bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Nicely said Jayrah.

Good point about the recruits. One thing I struggle with when I play NFL games is that I'm so accustomed to seeing guys leave after four years that I forget how to properly develop NFL players, namely backups when you might have the same starter for a decade.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Jayrah is the big, early favorite for TGT MVP for May. Nice work, bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2
    no one will ever take that title from me. come up with something else.

Thanks guys. Feeling philosophical this month Not to mention I just recently stopped playing 12 for various reasons and now that I know what made it in for 13, can't wait for July!

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    no one will ever take that title from me. come up with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Nicely said Jayrah.

Good point about the recruits. One thing I struggle with when I play NFL games is that I'm so accustomed to seeing guys leave after four years that I forget how to properly develop NFL players, namely backups when you might have the same starter for a decade.
    That's the biggest difference between Madden and NCAA. Like Jayrah said, that next recruit could be the next big thing. Some guys step in right away and are studs while you have to develop other guys. I love the roster turnover in NCAA and how your team is constantly fresh year after year as new studs come in, new kids emerge after an offseason and great players graduate. It makes dynasty a blast. Madden can't touch this aspect. Can't come close really.

In Madden you only get 7 draft picks and the first few are the only decent players a lot of times. Last year you could find some gems later but often my top pick wasn't very good. Either way on a roster of 53 you would only draft a few really good players and they take longer to develop than NCAA. You don't see the massive jumps in ratings in the offseason like you do in NCAA. In free agency you might add a couple starters. Other than that at least 75% of your starters stay the same. In my third year with Miami my starting line-up was very similar to my first year with only a few exceptions and I never had a new and truly great player come along. That gets boring and you start to lose interest in the game. Plus NFL offenses are all very similar. In college if you can make big adjustments to your offense based on the talent that is coming in and always changing. If you get a stud athletic QB you can switch to more of a read-option attack. Lots more variety.
    Last edited by Rudy; 05-14-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Jayrah, man you nailed that. Well done well said and very much appreciated from a fellow TGT member

Maybe I'm a little confused as I've never done a TB team or league. So would you be the only one in the dynasty or are these 12 teams user controlled? If they are user controlled you aren't getting updates during games anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Maybe I'm a little confused as I've never done a TB team or league. So would you be the only one in the dynasty or are these 12 teams user controlled? If they are user controlled you aren't getting updates during games anyway.
    Offline dynasty. I was talking about say creating a custom conference with all TB teams. It can be solo or with other users. The question was whether updates for other conference games would show. The problem with adding TB teams to the updates and scroll is likely the number of names Rece would have to record. I guess that's understandable seeing as it's his first year, although Brad says a great deal of created names in-game.

Nice Job Jayrah, that was spot on man!!!

Offline dynasty. I was talking about say creating a custom conference with all TB teams. It can be solo or with other users. The question was whether updates for other conference games would show. The problem with adding TB teams to the updates and scroll is likely the number of names Rece would have to record. I guess that's understandable seeing as it's his first year, although Brad says a great deal of created names in-game.
    Gotcha - Yeah if that is the scenario it would be irritating that your conference isn't included. But as has been said the number of names is infinite.

The one I don't understand is the ticker. Seems like that is just text and could easily be added. ...although I'm sure it's not that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk