Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

• Facebook
  • Display
    The commentary is dreadful....smh

I thought the player movement looked a little smoother. Massive gaps in the commentary though. Tons of dead air and some of that was due to how slow the player took to call plays, get to the line, motion guys, etc. Other than that I didn't notice anything overly special or overly bad.

It's definitely being played on Varsity. There was a pop up saying "Snap the Ball" with a A button icon. Unless something has changed, shit like that only shows up on Freshman and Varsity. So take these videos with a grain of salt since we can't tell for sure what stuff will work which way on AA and Heisman in the completed game.

I was just commenting on the player movement, which has made it too easy to bounce outside with a HB without much, if any loss of speed. Otherwise, it looked good to me.

Banned
    1 thing i don't understand about this game is that i see all these things on tv that i can't do in the game... i can't run a goal line fade, i can't return a kickoff for a touchdown by breaking a bunch of tackles and jukeing and spinning. I can't use my fastest guys to get open on streaks because the CB just jumps my wr route. I can't over power a team with my big bad linemen, i can't runover guys with my power back. There are so many i can't to i can in this game that it almost doesn't make anysense to Make the game or buy it. The whole reason i want to play a football game is to do what i see on tv. why make a game where i can't do that? i want the whole football game not half of it. F 2k i want Rockstar to make one they actully try and make it fun and realalist.

For the dead-air, I only heard Kirk once and it was an old line. I imagine they were still putting in his lines or something at the time that this was captured. At least I certainly hope that's the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by ryby6969 View Post
    I was just commenting on the player movement, which has made it too easy to bounce outside with a HB without much, if any loss of speed. Otherwise, it looked good to me.
    I know, I was just commenting in general to everyone, just so we don't get a bunch of people in here bitching about this and that and saying the game is going to be the "suxorz" because of a 3-4 minute video clip that was clearly played on Varsity and not AA or Heisman. Trying to save us all at least a little bit of aggravation.

That is what the ignore button is for.

Not bad for a W.I.P. clip (USC-Oregon) it looks more like an NC11 upgrade, which I still play by the way. I didn't like NC12, I just didn't like the feel of the game, and the graphics seemed weak. This is a 1st day Amazon buy for me.

That is what the ignore button is for.
    True, but that just saves us individually the aggravation. I'm trying to help out the TGT community as a whole.

They have the same option as us.

They have the same option as us.
    Yes, yes they do. But as a big fan of war, strategy and tactical games (I've spent more hours than I can count playing R.U.S.E. and Wargame: European Escalation), the preemptive strike is my most preferred method when taking action against the enemy.

So that post was my preemptive strike against anyone coming on here in the future bitching about the gameplay in that video, saying the game as a whole will suck, when they're using gameplay video that was being played on Varsity as the basis of their argument. And then anyone still trying to counter that preemptive strike, they will find an instant one-way ticket to my ignore list.

on the usc TD pass, that defender was useless ...didnt react,didnt do anything..same game...

I watch every video and look at every screenshot but until I play the demo I can't tell anything. I guess my memory sucks.

The only thing I know is that I will do whatever it takes to get my $60 worth. Ah ya...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    on the usc TD pass, that defender was useless ...didnt react,didnt do anything..same game...
    Varsity difficulty. Varsity = Dumbass defenders. Nothing about the gameplay can be factually stated until the demo, or until the devs start actually making these videos with AA or Heisman difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I know, I was just commenting in general to everyone, just so we don't get a bunch of people in here bitching about this and that and saying the game is going to be the "suxorz" because of a 3-4 minute video clip that was clearly played on Varsity and not AA or Heisman. Trying to save us all at least a little bit of aggravation.
    But player movement has always been the same regardless of difficulty level. AI is certainly different though.

I did think the player movement looked a little less herky-jerky. I still want more momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Varsity difficulty. Varsity = Dumbass defenders. Nothing about the gameplay can be factually stated until the demo, or until the devs start actually making these videos with AA or Heisman difficulty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    But player movement has always been the same regardless of difficulty level. AI is certainly different though.

I did think the player movement looked a little less herky-jerky. I still want more momentum.
    Yeah, player movement, I agree with what you said, and yeah, that is still the same no matter what difficulty. But as far as AI and their reactions on plays, that's where people are going to be saying things about the game as if it's being played on Heisman in that video, but that it's actually being played on Varsity, and thus what will be the cause of my headaches as random people start popping up here and there complaining about the gameplay videos.

Best part of the video:
    Southern Miss 21 - UAB 13
    :p

Had to watch the video twice because the first time all I did is stare at the ticker and see the changing scores. That will definitely be a distraction for the first few games. As to the gameplay, until I can play the demo it does look very much like 12but we will see very soon.