Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

• Facebook
  • Display
    do these update scores change every year between the same 2 teams or will they be the same score update every year?

and will the final scores in the updates actually be the final scores recorded in the dynasty at the end of the game/week?

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    do these update scores change every year between the same 2 teams or will they be the same score update every year?

and will the final scores in the updates actually be the final scores recorded in the dynasty at the end of the game/week?
    The updates are of the games that have been simmed for that week. They are not pre-determined, or canned, in any way. They will change according to what is really happening in your dynasty. The final scores you see will be the final scores at the week's end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

So Ram, let me get this straight. You're asking if these are going to be truly fictitious scores, the game is just going to make up scores and for some reason give you a random update on a game that has never happened?

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    So Ram, let me get this straight. You're asking if these are going to be truly fictitious scores, the game is just going to make up scores and for some reason give you a random update on a game that has never happened?

truly fictitious scores ....

Steeler had it more right when he said canned... I'm saying I wouldnt be surprised if you noticed after 3 years that its always 24-17 at the end of the 3rd qtr in the USC -Oregon game etc.

its a video game I dont expect much in this area nor do I care because i'm in my game on the field..the updates will be a nuisance after a while possibly to me

Steeler had it more right when he said canned... I'm saying I wouldnt be surprised if you noticed after 3 years that its always 24-17 at the end of the 3rd qtr in the USC -Oregon game etc.

its a video game I dont expect much in this area nor do I care because i'm in my game on the field..the updates will be a nuisance after a while possibly to me
    Yeah, you're onto them, EA better just come clean now. Those fools thinking they could slip something like that by you. Yep, every game in the ticker/updates for every week of every season will follow a quarter by quarter pattern of 7-3 after the 1st, 17-10 at halftime, 24-17 after the third and 31-24 for the final. Every single CPU game in the history of your dynasty will have the final of 31-24, hope you like that score, because you'll see it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, you're onto them, EA better just come clean now. Those fools thinking they could slip something like that by you. Yep, every game in the ticker/updates for every week of every season will follow a quarter by quarter pattern of 7-3 after the 1st, 17-10 at halftime, 24-17 after the third and 31-24 for the final. Every single CPU game in the history of your dynasty will have the final of 31-24, hope you like that score, because you'll see it a lot.
    dude, i'm not assuming anything or bashing anyone, I'm asking a question is all

I see what Ram is getting at. Like in the past you would only be updated on your HB's rushing stats at very well defined stat marks for instance: HB hits 100 rushing yards, show stat line.

In talking with one of the devs for an hour or so about some of the new technology they're getting you should start to see far less of this. Their old technology made them only display things at certain bench marks (100 yds, 10 catches, etc...), their new technology should allow them to be more dynamic with info in general (which im assuming should apply to the studio updates as well). For instance, they can now say things like: HB X is an important player, what are his stats right now?

They obviously can still call up benchmark stats but now they can do other things as well.

Obviously this is a new system & you need to incorporate it over time with the commentary to support it and what not but it's gonna be neat to see them use it more in the future.

Geez dude, I was just giving you some shit.

Geez dude, I was just giving you some shit.

I cant read the inflection from flat words on a screen duude

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    I see what Ram is getting at. Like in the past you would only be updated on your HB's rushing stats at very well defined stat marks for instance: HB hits 100 rushing yards, show stat line.
    I actually don't think that is what he was getting at based on the original question and asking if the scores change every year.

But that is really cool info to note and a definite welcome change.

I cant read the inflection from flat words on a screen duude
    Well, with a reply like that, the sarcasm is just oozing from that post, so it's pretty simple to see I was just giving you shit and being sarcastic as hell.

Well, with a reply like that, the sarcasm is just oozing from that post, so it's pretty simple to see I was just giving you shit and being sarcastic as hell.

well, yeah, but i've been sarcastic and still meant it..if you know what I'm saying LOL...whats Penn State's gonna be ranked this year in game ? a really strong B or B-..or a really strong C+ ?

I really like the cut away stuff. I'll definitely watch them. Any word on an improved halftime show with Rece?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwizzy View Post
    In talking with one of the devs for an hour or so about some of the new technology they're getting you should start to see far less of this. Their old technology made them only display things at certain bench marks (100 yds, 10 catches, etc...), their new technology should allow them to be more dynamic with info in general (which im assuming should apply to the studio updates as well). For instance, they can now say things like: HB X is an important player, what are his stats right now?

They obviously can still call up benchmark stats but now they can do other things as well.

Obviously this is a new system & you need to incorporate it over time with the commentary to support it and what not but it's gonna be neat to see them use it more in the future.
    Their old benchmark system felt very canned and made the presentation look very weak imo. You rarely saw stat pop ups, rarely saw game tracks which was a great idea but poorly utilized, and we had no dynamic commentary that discussed season long stats or how a player did last week. I really hope this is truly improved in NCAA 13.

Eric, I think if the studio updates come at times of drama or when I don't want to be distracted, I'll agree with you that I won't like the cut away. But if they come at "logical" times, like when a real game would be cutting to commercial (end of quarter, halftime, after a change of possession), then I think they'll be okay. It's going to take some getting used to though.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Eric, I think if the studio updates come at times of drama or when I don't want to be distracted, I'll agree with you that I won't like the cut away. But if they come at "logical" times, like when a real game would be cutting to commercial (end of quarter, halftime, after a change of possession), then I think they'll be okay. It's going to take some getting used to though.
    Yeah exactly. I could easily handle quarter and half cut aways.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Yeah exactly. I could easily handle quarter and half cut aways.
    Yeah, I would guess for certain between quarters and at halftime. Looks like there's gonna be one after the opening kickoff to give a review of what's happened so far in the day before your game. And then they could sprinkle some in here and there either between field goals/extra points and the ensuing kickoff, or after various kickoffs and before the offense takes the field.

It would be a big fuck up if they put them in between plays in an offensive series. That would destroy the offensive momentum to have an update suddenly pop up after a big play in a drive that's rolling down the field.

Well I guess that is why I'm kinda down on it. I'm under the assumption it is going to be in between plays.

Well I guess that is why I'm kinda down on it. I'm under the assumption it is going to be in between plays.
    God I hope not. I know we all have our various issues where EA has screwed the pooch time and again over the years on various features and bugs, but I can't believe for a second EA would be that stupid as to put studio updates in between actual plays. You have perfect times for updates already pre-built into the game: after field goals/PATs, possibly after kickoffs and before the offense comes out, and end of quarter/halftime.

With those spots, you would automatically get an absolute bare minimum of 6 studio updates each game (in a 3-0 or 7-0 final, after opening kickoff, after first quarter, at halftime, after opening kickoff in second half, after third quarter, and after the field goal or touchdown to take the lead). In high scoring games or back and forth affairs, you could easily get 10-15+ studio updates mixed in at various points in the game.

There's no reason for them to do anything else like putting it between plays.

It won't be. I'm confident in that. At least not any more "randomly in-between plays" than your average "what the hell are they cutting to commercial now for" moments. Like between the kickoff return and the first play of an offensive series.

I can't find the blog where it was said, but there was an emphasis that it will happen on "natural" cut-in moments. Or something like that. It may have been during the webcast.

EDIT: Kotaku's article.

These studio updates will occur at natural points in the game. In a game I was playing, a Stanford-Notre Dame matchup that started at 4 p.m. Eastern, right after I kicked the extra point on my first touchdown Nessler turned it over to Davis, who informed us that Virginia Tech had survived an upset scare from Duke to stay on top of the ACC's Coastal Division.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 05-14-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud