Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football 13 - Quick Clips

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It has nothing to do with difficulty. It has everything to do with time.
    a harder scouting difficulty would unlock fewer ratings, therefore making you spend more time scouting the player.

you dont have to take the time to scout. scouting will only help you be more succesful in recruiting. not doing it wont hurt you at all.

If you don't scout, the cpu will use your scouting time for you on the players on your target list.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    If you don't scout, the cpu will use your scouting time for you on the players on your target list.
    Nice...problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by baseballplyrmvp View Post
    a harder scouting difficulty would unlock fewer ratings, therefore making you spend more time scouting the player.

you dont have to take the time to scout. scouting will only help you be more succesful in recruiting. not doing it wont hurt you at all.
    I like this idea of a scouting difficulty level much like NCAA 11's addition of recruiting difficulty.

Maybe on Heisman level scouting the user would start with no attribute grades known outside of the base athletic skills like Speed, Strength, Agility, Jumping, etc....
    You scout 60 minutes you get 6 position specific attribute grades unlocked and once all the grades are unlocked then further scouting gives the actual number ratings for that unlocked grade. So you first start with nothing but the base grades unlocked then after a couple scouting sessions all grades are unlocked you can further scout to unlock that B grade if you want to give the actual number he has let's say 80 for QB's THP. I think this would require maybe 5 hrs of scout time per week rather than 3, but maybe not. I know having to first unlock the grade before the rating would definitely slow down the scouting process to a more realistic level.

You can't import NCAA draft classes into Madden anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeguy View Post
    You can't import NCAA draft classes into Madden anymore?
    You're correct, Madden removed that feature. They explained during the webcast yesterday that it's due to their new story system, etc. and wanting to ensure that anything they add to the new Connected Careers mode is fully vetted instead of half-assed. They want to bring that back in the future but not until they're sure they've done it properly.

In regards to the importing draft classes. The number of people that actually used it was not just low, but VERY VERY low. But, with this new system, down the road, we could see some things from college to pro that were never done before.

You also cant import RTG into CC

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    In regards to the importing draft classes. The number of people that actually used it was not just low, but VERY VERY low. But, with this new system, down the road, we could see some things from college to pro that were never done before.
    like players ethnicity not changing ? LOL

My favorite Gary Coleman animated gif disappeared, so I'll go with Bill Cosby from now on for Ram.

Last edited by JBHuskers; 06-05-2012 at 01:15 PM.

My favorite Gary Coleman animated gif disappeared, so I'll go with Bill Cosby from now on for Ram.

why the need to mock me for making a little joke ? sheesh

And those are the wrong quick clips anyway
    Last edited by ram29jackson; 06-05-2012 at 04:23 PM.

In this final weekly Quick Clip video show you a raw unedited look at recruiting in NCAA Football 13 Dynasty mode.

Does anyone know if running up the score will be a negative for coach integrity? We have always thought that in our online league that should play more a part of who you are as a coach instead of just for the college school challenge. Kind of like I think it was NASCAR 08? was when you would be a good guy or a villain. Not that you would be a bad coach, but that you would be kind of rated as a winning is the only thing as opposed to being a coach that is more likable for being concerned for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
    Does anyone know if running up the score will be a negative for coach integrity? We have always thought that in our online league that should play more a part of who you are as a coach instead of just for the college school challenge. Kind of like I think it was NASCAR 08? was when you would be a good guy or a villain. Not that you would be a bad coach, but that you would be kind of rated as a winning is the only thing as opposed to being a coach that is more likable for being concerned for the game.
    Have you seen some of the incredible comebacks in college football??? Why should a coach receive a negative integrity for continuing to score points??? I have never understood this. It is the opponents job to stop your offense, not your own coach's!

Quote Originally Posted by Bohica1010 View Post
    Does anyone know if running up the score will be a negative for coach integrity?
    It depends on the definition of integrity that you're using. I've always read it as "honesty", or keeping true to your word. But you're right that moral/ethical character is also a significant part of Integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Death View Post
    Have you seen some of the incredible comebacks in college football???
    Even the greatest comebacks in football history have had a point where it would have been impossible. Like if Houston's insane lead against Buffalo had been going into the 4th rather than halftime ...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    In this final weekly Quick Clip video show you a raw unedited look at recruiting in NCAA Football 13 Dynasty mode.
    Since it's "RAW Unedited", does that mean we're going to randomly see copyright screens during calls? Really, really strange editing decision at 3:37, IMO.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

they added minus grades!

What are "some things" you're talking about?...

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post

Even the greatest comebacks in football history have had a point where it would have been impossible. Like if Houston's insane lead against Buffalo had been going into the 4th rather than halftime ...
    And then there are the games like the 2008 Gator Bowl when trailed 14-28 and scored 17 points in the final 3:31 to win 31-28! Or the year before when trailed 7-38 w/ over 7 and a half minutes to play in the 3rd period, and rallied for a 44-41 OT win. Or in 2007 when trialed 21-35 w/ just over 6:00 to play in the game and had the ball on their own 3 yard line and rallied for a 42-35 OT win.

As I said... it's not MY job to shut down my offense... it's the other team's job!

Yes there are comebacks Dr. Death but sometimes it's just not going to happen. I understand some coaches love to run up the score but if you are a BCS team playing an FCS team and are winning 42-0, that FCS team can't stop your offense. In some situations you need to show sportsmanship.